[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you had been embedded with them, do you think you could

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 10

File: operation-red-wings1.jpg (63KB, 800x503px) Image search: [Google]
operation-red-wings1.jpg
63KB, 800x503px
If you had been embedded with them, do you think you could have turned the tide?
>>
>>35158693
No, being ambushed is bad no matter who you are.
>>
>>35158693
Is that dude sitting next to an alligator in the top right?
>>
>>35158693
Not the firefight. Could probably have made it so we never got in one though.
>>
>>35158714
i think so
>>
File: 1447908289434.jpg (194KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1447908289434.jpg
194KB, 1200x800px
>>35158693
yes
>>
>>35158714
>>35158733
An alligator in the mountains of *stan? Fuck off, it's probably a sand dragon.
>>
>>35158693
Sure, if I was there we would have turned around and gone home when our cover was blown.
>>
Step 1: Murder that kid. He gets asspluged every night by hajis anyway, killing him would have been merciful and would have stopped a chain of sexual abuse

I'm pretty sure I could kill the fuck out of a kid unlike pussy SEALs.
>>
>>35158769
>An alligator in the mountains of *stan?
This seems like something an alligator would say.
>>
>>35158790
>t. i only watched that faggy movie and have no idea what im talking about
>>
File: 1475460040810.jpg (72KB, 500x509px) Image search: [Google]
1475460040810.jpg
72KB, 500x509px
>>35158693
>do you think you could have turned the tide
I would like to think so.
I would give away their position so we could capture them. Then inshallah we could use intel gained from that to kick out the foreign devil.
>>
>>35158806
I'm not saying that edgelord isn't edgy.

But I read the book and Marcus Latrel (spelling, whatever) does blame the goat herders in book. He has a 2 page rant about liberals in Washington shouldn't give objectives to be met, and then apply restrictive ROE's to the men on the ground who need to achieve those goals.

It's been a few years though, so refresh my memory if it's something else.
>>
>>35158886
I think thats bullshit. Most guys over tehre got away with lots and lots of killing they probably shouldnt have done. I hoenstly feel like they wouldve killed them and no one would have batted an eye.
>>
>>35158693
No, everyone in the whole fucking area knew they were there, which is why they all hiked up the mountain to kill them. Helicopters hovering over a mountain dropping guys off is pretty obvious. They should never have been there, or inserted in another method. That combined with shitty comms and being mem-soldiers high on their own farts got them all killed.
>>
Yes.
>You're sending who? No. Just give me a regular LRS team.
Problem solved.
>>
>>35158913
Well I still hold to the theory they never cryptod their radios correctly, and that was the cover story.

But saying:
>Only saw faggy movie
When someone says that I assume they mean "didn't read the book". I'm just saying book or movie, it says the same thing.
>>
Why didn't they take the goat people up the mountain with them? Or tie them up? Or cause non lethal injuries like breaking their ankles to stop them running for help?
>>
>>35158923
Sad if true. But it does explain why Taliban were able to make an effort. Their best chance would have been hometime arriving before the posse could get there, I bet that's happened a few times.
>>
>>35158693
yt invader devils got what they deserved tbqh. the only bad thing is that more of them didn't get cucked
>>
>>35158993
It is true, it's exactly what happened. The taliban living in the village witnessed the insertion and hiked up the mountain to fight. The SEALs acted like rambo fucktards and tried to fight a superior force in unfamiliar terrain because they believe their own propaganda and think they're all COD soldiers with a 300-1 K/D ratio OOH RAH with $100K worth of tac gear and TOTALLY INVINCIBLE I HAVE A BEARD type of bullshit, when in reality they are less equipped to fight in that area than goatherders who get by with matches, an AK, and fucking humus to eat.

And so, predictably, they got themselves killed instead of retreating quickly in a predetermined path (oops, guess they forgot to plan the mission too huh?)
>>
>>35159076
I bet you know all about what SEAL's think of themselves right?
>>
>>35159093
Yeah, the fact that they make a huge public show out of supposedly secret missions and that several have written tell-all books speaks volumes about their ego.
>>
File: CRAPCO.jpg (337KB, 750x317px) Image search: [Google]
CRAPCO.jpg
337KB, 750x317px
you bet
>>
>>35158693
kind of shameful they fucked up big time there was vids of them fucking up all they did was sit still while they got shot

and after all that they made a fucking movie about fucking up which was just shameful
>>
>>35158961
I'm pretty sure they said that 1 kid managed to break away as they were having a debate on killing them or not. Or that they thought they had a big enough head start it didn't matter. That's the movie version.

In the book they voted and it was 1for, 1 against, and Marcus left it up to the officer/team leader, and his call was not to kill them.
>>
File: 1504064213309.jpg (26KB, 352x300px) Image search: [Google]
1504064213309.jpg
26KB, 352x300px
>>35158693
summary execution, would not have even dicussed it, just pulled my pistol out and shot all 3 of them and suffered the consequences
>>
>>35159076
And how would you act in this situation oh mighty warrior? Remember you wouldn't have the internet to protect you.
>>
>>35159176
If I had all the resources the SEALs did? Not go in that way at all, no-go on the mission. Take another way in or just don't go.
>>
>>35159176
Step 1: plan the mission like a normal, competent grunt (plan for comms, and plan for infil) instead of a. relying on your intel dudes to do it for you or b. freeballing it as teh squeals usually do.
Step 2: follow the plan.

wew, I are internet badass now.
>>
propaganda. Why did they not release the old man and taken the kids. that way it would have taken the old dude longer to reach the taliban giving them more time to escape. they could have just tied the kids up once out of sight from the old man so he would not have relessed them in order to warn the taliban. Comon guys navy seals are not dumb. Are they?
>>
>>35158693
What is with all the OP Red Wings threads? There's already one up btw.
>>35158790
There was no kid. Luttrel ripped off Andy McNabs experience in GW1. They fucked up their encryption and botched their insertion because they were fucking SDVT's and didn't want to hike like the fucking marine scout snipers who had the mission originally had planned to do. Then they used the same fucking LZ they inserted on to try and get out and were ambushed there and got a whole CH-47 of their buddies killed.
>>35159076
This. They weren't even trained on small unit shit like people think, they were a fucking Seal Delivery Vehicle Team.
>>35159176
Not inserting a whole whopping 1km from your target in a fucking CH47 would be a great start.

The whole fucking mission was planned by the marine unit in charge of the area (3rd Battalion of the 3rd Marine Regiment) and then yanked for the SEALs at the last minute by JSOC and they threw the whole fucking plan out the window because fuck that.
>>
>>35159133
>there was vids of them fucking up all they did was sit still while they got shot

Post vids
>>
I think that a lot of people underestimate the talibans. From what i've been told they are solid warriors and the combats in afghanistan aren't some guerilla tiers shit. Also they know the field and they move really fast (like goat).
>>
>>35159259
2nd Battalion of the 3rd Marine Regiment*
>>
>>35159321
They're quicker than goats, gotta catch it to rape it.
>>
File: 1494591762446.jpg (16KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1494591762446.jpg
16KB, 400x400px
>As with 3/3 before them, 2/3 sought to use Special Operations Forces assets for Red Wings, but unlike 3/3, they sought only the use of Special Operations Aviation assets, specifically, MH-47 Special Operations Aircraft of the Army Special Operations Command's 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (Airborne) (SOAR(A)), and not ground forces. The command from which 2/3's planners requested this, however, CJSOTF-A, or Combined Joint Special Operations Task Force – Afghanistan, refused this request, stating that in order for Red Wings to be supported with Special Operations aviation, the battalion would have to task the opening phases of the operation to Special Operations Ground Forces for the opening phases of the operation, with Marines of 2/3 acting in a supporting role. After the initial phases of Red Wings, then 2/3 could be considered the lead, supported element. The battalion agreed to this, realizing, however, that this unconventional command structure defied a fundamental tenet of successful military operations – "unity of command".[1][19] The operation was presented to a number of Special Operations units working in the area for possible "buy in". U.S. Navy SEALs from SEAL Team 10 and SEAL Delivery Vehicle Team 1 expressed interest.[1][2]
>>
>>35159176
Look nigger, I have enough experience on socom 2 that I'd know not to insert via helicopter right next to the village than I'm supposed to be scouting out
>>
>>35159321
having been in the himalayas and having seen a local guide move around the mountains I can believe this.

Those local fuckers basically sprint up mountains.
>>
File: 1505355988544.jpg (19KB, 120x174px) Image search: [Google]
1505355988544.jpg
19KB, 120x174px
>>35158693
>mfw
>>
Nah i have zero combat experience id probably scream and pee while blindfiring
>>
>>35159176

Not him, but I am an army intel guy who is currently attached to a special operations unit and most of what he says before and after the post I'm replying to is basic 10-30 level shit that any small unit leader should consider. Not like he's reinventing the wheel.
>>
>>35158959
>Well I still hold to the theory they never cryptod their radios correctly, and that was the cover story.
This is probably true too.
Im not disagreeing im just saying i dont think we got the whole story. Someone fudged some cover story somewhere.
>>
>>35160566
Yeah my buddy who was an RO explained it to me once, but I forget the specific details he gave. I've used them but never did the crypto part, they do it.

He was 99% convinced. They had 2 different ones and both experienced failure. In real life that just doesn't happen.
>>
>>35159176
Jokes on you. I have a mobile shitposting satilite. I just spam racial insults until the taliban throw themselves down the mountain.
>>
>>35160815
>He was 99% convinced. They had 2 different ones and both experienced failure. In real life that just doesn't happen.
very very interesting
>>
File: 1494946705516.jpg (13KB, 280x373px) Image search: [Google]
1494946705516.jpg
13KB, 280x373px
>>35158693
>>35144484
>>
http://zerogov.com/?p=3173

Here a SEAL is seen rescuing a HVT Shia twitter personality.
>>
>>35158693
Depends, Am I Godzilla? Then yes.

If I'm a normal sperglord with a katana. The answers is yes but I'll have teleported behind you to say so.
>>
>>35160815
99% of times the comms fail it's not because of the radio or other equipment, it's human mistake. Either fucked up the programming or have something retarded like the wrong time and date in the radio, despite syncing time being simple SOP before going out.
Seals should be competent enough to figure it out though.
>>
>>35160815
I can just theorize, but the fact they didn't manage to contact first, but finally managed to inform only that they are under attack almost makes me think they started broadcasting on an unsecured channel after shit properly hit the fan. I think that's why they had so much trouble contacting. Encryption's fucked, probably deprecated, faulty or bugged somehow, so they just broadcast until some scanning radio picked it up.
>>
File: shitjustgotreal.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
shitjustgotreal.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>35158693
If I were in command anon, we would be the tide.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.