[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Say Martha I think I'll pop down to the gun store and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9

>Say Martha I think I'll pop down to the gun store and give unsolicited opinions on guns, ammo, politics, oh I guess anything that pops into my head really. Oh, and I think I'll yammer endlessly to the guy behind the counter while the actual customers who have questions or want to make purchases wait for me to finish my ramblings. Will I buy anything? Goodness no. I'll probably just pick a gun up, give a stranger my uninformed opinion, then set it back down. Well, be back innabit hon.
>>
legit LOLd
>>
>>35157969
I experienced this recently except I'm pretty sure the guy worked for Sig because he became increasingly aggressive any time I picked up a box of ammo that wasn't V-Crown.
>>
Too real
>>
Why are boomers the generation with the most amount of people who love to hear themselves talk? You legitimately cannot get a word in when ever you have a talk with them.
>>
I do this approximately once a month at my LPS, the guy there knows me by name and we have decent conversations.
>>
>>35158082
They're like millennial as if you subtract phones from the equation.

My friend, they are literally the worst fucking generation of all time.
>>
>>35157969
Every old fucker discussing every goddamned subject ever.
>>
>>35158103
Millennial here, AMA.
>>
>>35158103
>you subtract phones
>subtract
They were the original consumerists, don't subtract a goddamn thing.
>>
>>35158103
millennials will at least have a conversation and let you talk. Boomers just go on and on and on.
>>
>>35158138
> listen to ramblings
>be told you are wrong about everything
>>
>frequent a gunstore in a major city
>some half kike half slav always comes in praising sig
>will not shut the fuck up about sig, seriously
>flips his lid if he's swept with a display gun
>flags everyone regardless of the situation
>Always tries to justify his emotional investments
>talks shit about everything that isn't sig

Couple weeks ago they were shooting competition and before they all went in he drops a stainless 229 elite and breaks one of the grip panels off. He let out an audible OH FAK

I couldn't stop laughing
>>
>>35158240
This, but also
>say something
>old fuck says you're wrong
>goes on to say exactly what you said, but in his own words
Work with a dude like this. Does this to me and everyone else at work on a daily basis. Takes all my strength not to go off on him.
>>
>"I'm too old and decrepit to participate in any shooting discipline that would have me running, walking, bending, crouching, kneeling, or laying prone and that's why you shouldn't be able to participate in those types of shooting events either."

>"I'm gonna go down to the LGS and remind everyone that my generation got in on the best deals for milsurp rifles and that we already used up all of the cheap ammo too."

>"You paid $800 for a beat up Lee Enfield?! What a rip off! You can get a brand new one in the grease with all matching numbers plus a sling and bayonet for $150!" (Yeah, in the 1970's)

>"The Colt 1911 in .45 acp is THE best handgun EVER made. In over 100 years, NOBODY has EVER managed to make a better handgun!"
>>
Is this a Fudd thread in very light disguise?
>>
>>35158709
>"A plastic gun huh? Son, you think they make NASCAR engines outta plastic?"

An actual thing an old man at a gun store once told me.
>>
File: IMG_4058.jpg (41KB, 588x537px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4058.jpg
41KB, 588x537px
>grandpa was born in '41
>fought in Vietnam
>owns 9mm, .40, and .45 handguns
>owns 10-22s, shotguns, a 98k
>hardly ever talks at family gatherings, just sits quietly and smokes a cigarette
>always goes fishing and shooting with you
>hear war stories that no one else in the family hears
I love that man
>>
>>35158895
sounds nice anon, my grandpa was born in 43'. Worked at malmstorm AFB in montana. he told me he used to work on missle electronics but he never went into detail. glad you still have your grandpa to shoot and fish with, cherish every moment.
>>
File: 1486321177513.jpg (86KB, 354x490px) Image search: [Google]
1486321177513.jpg
86KB, 354x490px
I don't listen to anyone anymore on firearms advice unless I ask a specific question. As soon as instructions veer off into opinion territory my listening stops. Prices too. It has come to my attention my intellectual intellect and knowledge surpasses 99.99% of those involved in this interest area. *Steps on cigarette
>>
File: distraughtgrinch.jpg (29KB, 400x348px) Image search: [Google]
distraughtgrinch.jpg
29KB, 400x348px
>>35158895
mine was born in 31, fought in the Korean war.
>had 6 children with mom's mom
>year later grandma leaves him for another man
>forced to work multiple jobs to take care of 6 kids
>his wife he remarried died of alzheimers 2 years ago
That marriage lasted 40 years and now she is gone, I fear he's gone for this world soon. He's the nicest man I've ever met and is also super quiet at family gatherings.
>>
>>35158795
Looks like a Boomer hate thread.

Which I can get behind. The only good Boomer is a dead Boomer.
>>
>>35158933
Ya see, the problem with that is most people spouting those hot opinions don't realize they're opinions. I tune people out when they start presenting memes as fact. If I'm feeling cheeky that day then I'll counter with some other memes and watch their head spin. It's fun, I suggest it
>>
>>35157969
This is painfully, hilariously accurate.
>>
>>35158966
shit anon that sucks. have you tried talking to your grandpa at all?
>>
File: 1372699319814.jpg (41KB, 496x600px) Image search: [Google]
1372699319814.jpg
41KB, 496x600px
>>35157969
I chuckled, just had a dude like this at the range sunday, fucking hick fudd.
>>
File: IMG_2769.jpg (34KB, 366x380px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2769.jpg
34KB, 366x380px
>>35158350
This reminds me of the boomer faggot at my work, in an IT operation for a major company, mind you, who always comes in wearing his faggy leather vest, and has carefully placed CHOPPERR BRUMMBUHDUHDUH-BRUHHM magazines on the corner of his desk.

Doesn't talk with anyone besides his boss, but does a lot of talking at people. Had breakfast with him, and three other guys one morning, and he went on a rant about how Soros is shipping Antifa up to Seattle to invade, and how his "contacts" around the country have informed him of their movements. Proceeded to say all he needs is a sawed-off in his Harley, like they do at Sturgis, and that there will be blood.
Amused, I tried to get a word in, but was met with another one-way rant about some other bullshit.

This guy was a one-term enlistee in the easiest fucking time to be in the military, where he was a supply bitch or something. What is it with Boomers making shit up about their "people," and Steven Seagal fantasies...

The president of the gun club I go to will tell anyone he meets some horseshit story about how the Russian mob tried to kill his son, and that he and some special forces buddies of his used laser tripwires in the perimeter woods to catch them and scare them off, blahblah

FUCK I HATE 'EM
>>
>>35158138
They may let you speak, but they won't be taking in that information, they're just waiting for the next chance to tell you about themselves. They talk at you, not with you
>>
File: IMG_0755.jpg (28KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0755.jpg
28KB, 400x400px
>>35157969
mfw I more or less did this earlier today.
There were no other customers tho, I'm not an asshole.
>>
It's annoying as fuck, but as a counter salesman you have to know how to get away from those kinds of people without appearing to be rude.

The easiest way to break off a conversation with someone who won't shut the fuck up is to find a point in which you can interject and offer a generic agreement "interesting, ah, yep" and follow up by asking them if there is anything else I you could do for them today.

If that doesn't work then a coworker usually pretends that they need me downstairs to fetch something from storage, if all else fails, this usually does the trick.

More often than not, our regulars are completely capable of identifying when someone is chatting too much and are able to help us out with breaking off the conversation if someone is being super selfish. Usually when the offender leaves we collectively roll our eyes and go on with what kind of cool shit I could get them that day.
>>
>>35158844
I've heard this too. I've also had my dad give me shit for buying a folding knife that was made in Japan. He drives a Toyota...
>>
>>35159135
Holy fuck, the boomer I'm talking about was also in the army in the late '70s. Had a chance at a great career in the military and threw it all away to cut trees.
>>
File: FONV best faction.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
FONV best faction.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>35158967
What about these Boomers?
>>
>>35159736
My guy got out and walked into a career at Boeing where he got shafted out of retirement or something to make him a complete prick.
>>
>>35157969
I saw someone finally snap at my LGS a few months back on some faux-trucker Boomer who went on and on about his Para 1911. Pretty sure it was one of you gaybois. Guy said 1911s have been shit for years and that any old shitblaster can outshoot one, and that he can even prove it on the LGS's range. Boomer's butthurt is unreal so of course he accepts. A few people along with myself watch Guy puts 15 10mm out of a Glock 20 in a 3 or so inch group 7 yards to Boomer's 7 45acp in a 5-ish inch group out of a Para Gov 1911. Boomer waves it off saying his arthritis was acting up and leaves the range before glock guy can talk shit

Then the glock guy is asked to leave and not come back. I never found out why, but Boomer must have a friend in the shop or glock guy really rubbed someone the wrong way.

Oh well.
>>
>>35158895
>>grandpa was born in '41
Still not used to this. Mine were born in '14 and '19.
>>
>>35157969

I was at a gun store that was ran by a bubba

>you see this here?
>this is used by the israylees
>it's a bullpup which means you don't need to register it
>????
>oh you bought a complete lower?
>gotta have the permit the purchase pistol to buy it son
>but it has a stock
>and a buffer tube with slots for a stock
>plus it's just a firearm
>now do the fukken transfer
>>
>>35160499

This desu. I thought he was talking about his dad.
>>
>>35158895
i miss hearing my grandpas war stories.
>>
>>35160411

Boomers spend a SHITLOAD of money on guns these days. We have a couple in my area:

>one guy collects nothing but AMT because he used to work for AMT
>one guy buys 4-5 henry rifles each month
>there's a 1911 collector that buys nice shit, even has some Turnballs
>there's me, the guy who collects Intratecs and other 80's/90's oddball guns
>another guy that collects Glocks (as in every variation, every model, has NIB models of every Gen 1 and Gen 2 glock, etc)
>finally, a guy that collects cowboy guns

Some people are annoying, but if that cocksucker is bringing you in money each month consistently, you're going to tolerate his bullshit. Like I'm autistic and aspie and anal about shit that doesn't fucking matter to 99% of people, but my LGS puts up with it because he's getting at least a few hundred from me a month.
>>
>>35160634
> a guy that collect Glocks
Hickok45?
>>
>>35160711

Don't know his name but he's probably a late 40's Korean fellow.
>>
What's worse, boomers, or Gen-X "punk" assholes?
I know a guy like that, still acts like it's the 80s, listens to shitty leftist punk constantly, and he's a lolbertarian and won't stop talking about it until everyone around him knows it.
>>
>>35157969
I had a boomer tell me my .25 beretta was shit and I should get a .22 because. 22 has a muzzle velocity of 1200fps and the .25 is only 750fps.
The guy even admitted the velocities were probably measured from a rifle and pistol respectively but said they were still accurate.

He then said the .25 cartridge was Sam Colts first real fuckup.

>I doubted you Paul Harrell, I didn't think it was real.
>>
>>35160911
So what's worse, my grandparents or my parents?
>>
>>35160911
Boomers, because us Xers are politically irrelevant. The retarded political opinions of my generation (positions I don't share) at least have not and will not ruin this country forever. But if you think Boomers are bad, just wait until millenials hit 40-50 and start taking over government.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.