[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I found a pair of these hiking in the woods near JBLM. They were

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: pvs.jpg (55KB, 638x640px) Image search: [Google]
pvs.jpg
55KB, 638x640px
I found a pair of these hiking in the woods near JBLM. They were half buried in the side of a mountain. After I cleaned them up and replaced the battery they worked great. It's cool to have night vision goggles but I work in the city and really have no use for them... What can I do with these? They appear to be AN-PVS-15s. They have a vague humming noise when turned on.
>>
SEND EM TO ME!!!
>>
>>35155290
I mean I don't have any use for them, are they even worth trying to sell?
>>
>>35155304
You could jew some shmuck for thousands of dollars for those things. However, Private dumbfuck probably dropped them so as soon as they hit ebay, the feds are gonna come knocking.
>>
>>35155322
Yeah that's another thing, I have a buddy who is in the Rangers at JBLM and he said he would have been on lockdown or something if someone misplaced them. Also the picture I provided has a sticker with a serial number and other identifying things. The pair I found do not have a sticker or any identifying numbers on them whatsoever.. They're completely blank besides a few part numbers that led me nowhere.
>>
>>35155200
>I found a pair of these hiking in the woods near JBLM
Yeah, bullshit.
Pic with timestamp nao.
>>
>>35155200
I enjoyed your bait.
>>
>>35155200
Show pics
>>
>>35155441
I'll gladly provide proof if I feel confident enough that's it's not illegal for a civilian to possess these.
>>
Become the king of hide and seek at night
>>
>>35155506

It's not illegal. Stop being a tard.
>>
Why would this shit be illegal for civvies?
>>
File: 306.jpg (13KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
306.jpg
13KB, 184x184px
>>35155610
he's afraid that he stole night vision from the military
>>
>>35155640
I am. I don't know much about the military and I know even less about night vision goggles. I don't want to wake up dead before I go to sleep.
>>
>>35155506
so long as youre an american citizen you can own and look thru them.

if youre not then that is where things get tricky and those pvs15s fall under itar and you looking thru them could land you in jail depending on the gen of tubes in them.
>>
>>35155713
Well that's good to hear. If I'm an American citizen can I sell them without repercussions? I just have no use for them. I go hiking maybe 3/4 times a year and other than that I barely leave Seattle.
>>
File: arcteryx is just a meme.png (902KB, 776x642px) Image search: [Google]
arcteryx is just a meme.png
902KB, 776x642px
>>35155681
nigger anyone with money can go out and buy a pair of pvs-15s right now, just cover the fucking identifying markings
>>
>>35155713
>and you looking thru them could land you in jail depending on the gen of tubes in them.
Uh, no. It would get the person who lost them in trouble.
>>
>>35155854
Your buddy on the right of you must have liked the Arc'teryx knee pads he bought for school so much he kept using them after. The good ole days before dd uppers, crye, and ops cores.
>>
>>35155854
There are no identifying markings. I know most Rangers can't fucking read that well but it's completely scrubbed of any serialized isolating marking. Only part numbers on some of the items, which are generalized and can be traced back from any set to the manufacturer. Not a specific pair.
>>
>>35155908
that's me, i'm mat best

inb4 stolen valley ranch dressing
>>
>>35155941
then what's stopping you from posting a timestamped pic, nigger?

nobody is shooting anyone over a fucking set of NODs that may or may not even belong to the military. if they are mil property the guy who lost them is fucked but the worst that will happen to you is having to give them back
>>
>>35155962
Idk they seem to have been pulled from every major optics retailer after the 2015 ITAR reform. Just makes me uneasy. I'll post a pic when I get home.
>>
>>35156066
don't worry, L3 is now selling them commercially for real. can literally get a legit, new set from TNVC for $12k
>>
>>35156087
$12,000???? The fuck? Meaning selling a used pair would garner $5,000? Where can I sell these fucking things. I can buy a lot of cat food with $5,000.
>>
>>35155200
Give them back Jamal.
>>
>>35156113
My name is Lamar so fuck off.
>>
Can i have?
>>
>>35155713
How would I know how to market them? I don't know what tubes are in it, what Gen the parts are... specs
>>
>>35156322
If they are PVS-15s they are at least gen 3. If they were dropped in the last 2 years or so, they are probably very high spec as the tubes and units are routinely updated. Plus, i have only seen PVS-15s used by SOF or other special units. Never seen em in conventional mainstream military. Keep in mind, the PVS-15s have also lost favor over PVS-31s, so you may have an old unit. Did they still turn on when you had them? Or did you have to replace the batteries? Also, post pics.
>>
File: elevator melon.png (29KB, 101x120px) Image search: [Google]
elevator melon.png
29KB, 101x120px
>ywn find nvgs while hiking
>>
>>35156433
They did turn on. But replacing the battery improved them. Also my buddy who is in the military said even if someone dropped them they wouldn't have been bare. He said there would have been 550? cord wrapped around them in some fashion.
>>
File: IMG_0528.png (157KB, 500x962px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0528.png
157KB, 500x962px
>people actually believing this faggot
>>
File: 1449365014873.jpg (226KB, 440x523px) Image search: [Google]
1449365014873.jpg
226KB, 440x523px
>>35156121
What's the difference
>>
>>35155879
On the same note, it is a violation of ITAR to allow any non-U.S. citizen to look through U.S. Gen3 night vision equipment (even on US Soil). They are also not allowed to have access to any operator’s manuals or documentation, whatsoever, pertaining to US Gen 3 Night Vision Devices. This is a little-known fact about ITAR and Night Vision Devices, but it is true. We have confirmed this with the US State Department and major Night Vision Manufacturers. At TNVC, we take great care to ensure our clients are properly informed on laws and regulations pertaining to night vision.

The person that lost the items didn't allow the barred individual to look thru them. the barred individual took that upon themselves to break itar regs.

>>35155767
if its mil equipment, they'd say its stolen property and there is the potential you could get in trouble. I'd either try selling it to a friend that has that kind of money or keep it or turn it in.

If its an L3 pvs15 those are 12 grand new, if its an ATN or something like that those are 3-5grand new
>>
>>35159476
>the barred individual took that upon themselves to break itar regs.
The barred individual is not subject to ITAR as they are not an American citizen or legal entity. Thus, they are not doing the 'exporting of materials' that ITAR prohibits.
>>
>>35155941
There's a cheap POS motherfucking plastic tab with the bar code on it that comes right off in chips once it has been cracked. And it really doesnt take much abuse to crack it.

>>35157769
>550 cord on NVGs
Only the straight up most ghetto armorer is going with that approach. The only precaution he needs to take is sub-hand receipt that shit to you. He aint going to be the one to eat that particular statement of charges.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.