[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /k/, I want to buy an inert F1 grenade and I was wondering,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: drawisland.png (315KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
drawisland.png
315KB, 600x600px
Hello /k/, I want to buy an inert F1 grenade and I was wondering, how many times can you pull the pin out before it breaks the pin? I want it to fiddle with but I don't want to break it
>pic related, it was the only pic I could find where it shows the pin

where I have circled red is what I am concerned with, it looks like after a few times of pulling it out and putting it back in it could snap off.
>>
>>35152935
Just use a staple or something if it breaks.
>>
File: TB-Staples.jpg (18KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
TB-Staples.jpg
18KB, 300x225px
>>35152940
I know this is going to sound retarded but you dont mean this do you?
>>
>>35152935
Just bend those two tines together so the pin is straight and not using them as a locking surface.
>>
>>35152953
this makes sense, thanks.
>>
most inert grenades are manufactured by taking the actual functioning device and removing the explosive charge.

it probably is fairly fragile, sturdy enough to survive normal use but since a live hand grenade is not something to be toying around with it wouldn't surprise me at all if certain parts are intended to be removed only once and never be replaced.

you do realize they're supposed to explode when you use them correctly, right?
>>
>>35152963
how would it be fragile? from my understanding all that is left is the metal casing thingy and the bit that pokes out of the top, I'm not going to be throwing it around but I want to fiddle with it.
>>
>>35152978
the specific component you circled in the OP image is small and thin, it will probably break after being bent repeatedly. also it probably isn't made with the highest grade metal due to the fact it's part of a device made to explode when used as intended
>>
>>35152935
https://www.mscdirect.com/browse/?navid=12108770&rd=k&searchAhead=true&searchAheadTerm=cotter&typahddsp=Cotter%20%26%20Reusable%20Cotter%20Pins&hdrsrh=true
>>
>>35152935
I wonder what wire diameter you would want so it isn't too hard to pull?

https://www.mscdirect.com/browse/tn/Fasteners/Pins-Clips-Retaining-Rings/Pins-Clips/Cotter-Reusable-Cotter-Pins/Hair-Pin-Cotters?navid=12108880
>>
>>35152948
no.
>>
>>35152935
You can get an airsoft grenade pin if you're that worried, it may fit and they're like $2. Look for the Thunder B grenades.
>>
>>35152953
this is a good idea, you could also buy a spool of half round wire or split pins and make pins to play with until they snap from fatigue.
>>
>>35152935
it's a fucking cotter pin. i can make 50 with garbage i find in the street. holy fuck i'm mad
>>
File: f1_handgrenade.jpg (35KB, 400x335px) Image search: [Google]
f1_handgrenade.jpg
35KB, 400x335px
>>35152935
i just enlarged you pic op, as someone with a modest ordinance collection, don't buy one of those wooden repros when real inert grenades are available to you in the eu.
http://www.rusmilitary.com/html/f1_handgrenade.htm

the fuze in the one you posted is made out of wood and won't stand up to much action.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.