[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to know is the ruger 1911 model better than the rest of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1501243034550.jpg (79KB, 583x707px) Image search: [Google]
1501243034550.jpg
79KB, 583x707px
I want to know is the ruger 1911 model better than the rest of the other 1911 models and is the ruger one dropsafe?
>>
>when there's trash in the middle of the road
>but you keep telling yourself you're not over there anymore
>>
>>35145595
Fpbp
>>
>>35145580
It's roughly mid tier and as far as I know it is reasonably drop safe. I wouldn't go throwing it loaded against concrete.

California requires drop testing of handguns for sale, so anything on roster would have passed. This includes Kimber, Colt, Springfield, Les Baer and even el-cheapo RIA 1911s. Ruger never submitted for statutory reasons (when it came out submitting new handguns became completely impossible) but I'm sure it would pass as well. Heck even the Hi-Point C9 is on roster.
>>
>>35146268
How is the colt 1911 compared to ruger 1911 because I'm going to buy a 1911 for my birthday today.
>>
>>35145595
feels
>>
>>35146467
The Colts are still better and they're priced pretty close. I like the Rugers but not enough to pick them over something like Sig. I've been told the Rugers have poor tolerances and fit by a 1911 snob but you will have to look at them yourself.
>>
>>35145580
Ruger is a series 70 style.
Meaning, no firing block but they use a titanium firing pin and a heavier mainspring to prevent the firing pin from hitting the primer.

I forget which site tested em, but they did a sig angle drop test on several guns and a 70s series Springfield did NOT fire. I am considering a Ruger LW commander in 9mm...maybe. Sig 1911s seem to be good to go.
>>
I got the Ruger SR1911 recently. No complaints or regrets. Got it for $700: came with 2 mags, hardwood grips, Novac 3 dots, and a real nice brushed stainless finish.
>>
>>35145580
>is the ruger 1911 model better than the rest of the other 1911
It's not the best, but not the worst. All things considered, it's one of the better models.
>>35145580
>is the ruger one dropsafe?
It does not have a firing pin block, but it does have a titanium firing pin. In theory, it is possible to discharge from dropping it, but only if it lands muzzle down. In practice, I would have no problem carrying it.
>>
File: IMG_2141.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2141.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I think it's a badass piece of hardware. I had been wanting a 1911 for purely range purposes, but ended up liking this one the best out of all of them and carry it daily. A good mix of well-done machining and smart features such as the titanium insert with a lightweight frame, extended safety, and very good sights. The trigger is phenomenal when comparing it to anything other than 1911's and while it is very good in its own class, it understandably doesn't feel as good as my dad's wilson by a smidge. the gunstore clerk said they aren't the most consistent product and while I don't know how accurate that statement is, maybe go to the store and feel it beforehand and make sure everything is smooth. As for drop safe, it is advertised that way. I'm around 1k rounds deep of .45 fmj and jhp and not a single hiccup thus far.
>>
>>35145580
I want that hand wrapped around my neck
>>
>>35152385
I mean, you could pick a beefy arm that isn't 90% steroids and stupidly dehydrated...
>>
File: IMG_1087.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1087.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>35145580
I would be hesitant buying a Ruger 1911. Cast frames and questionable fit and finish. I recommend either Springfield or Colt models. Sure SA was rubbing elbows with anti gun liberal scum, but their 1911's are still solid guns.
>>
>>35153109
What model is this?
>>
i like my ruger, got it 2nd hand for 500 from a guy who put 50 rounds through it. shoots pretty well and i haven't had an issue with it yet.
>>
>>35153109
But Ruger casts are extremely well made.
>>
>>35153109
Cast frames aren't bed. POORLY cast frames are bad. Caspian frames all come from Pine Tree Castings (a Ruger subsidiary).
>>
>>35148163
The Lw commander in 9mm seems like such a fun gun. Would by just for range fun if I had the monies to blow
>>
>>35145580
no
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.