[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys I am looking for specs and parts to make this work for again.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 7

File: IMG-20170912-WA0002.jpg (259KB, 1328x747px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170912-WA0002.jpg
259KB, 1328x747px
Guys I am looking for specs and parts to make this work for again. Its a ppsh 41 see picture.

Have to find a barrel and intact upper reciever and i probably need to modify bolt to fire with striker or hammer instead of the slam fire open bolt method it was designed for.

Anyone have experience with this?
>>
File: 1504927891005.jpg (90KB, 428x344px) Image search: [Google]
1504927891005.jpg
90KB, 428x344px
how hard is it to search for the gunsmith general
>>
>>35145554
Not sure a gun Smith is needed here.
>>
File: Z0DBuBWl.jpg (43KB, 640x431px) Image search: [Google]
Z0DBuBWl.jpg
43KB, 640x431px
>>35145554
Also looking for a high res spec layout
>>
File: Maxim Semi conv 013.jpg (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Maxim Semi conv 013.jpg
1MB, 1600x1200px
>>35145519
Check out weaponeer and weapons guild for build logs and great other advice. Kp-products on gunbroker has some relevant parts (he'll machine a trunion to match whatever barrel you buy from him at a good price)

If you aren't going to make this an SBR ($200 tax with the ATF and might not be legal in your state), you'll have to weld additional material to the barrel shroud to accommodate a 16" barrel. The bolt can be cut and turned into a striker fire pretty simply, it's just a PITA because it's hardened steel. Legally, you also have to weld small chunks of metal into the receiver that preclude the insertion of original, unmodified parts. It's a simple build but desu my parts kit is still laying around half completed haha. I've read that you can use steel square tube for the receiver but it won't look quite right, kp-products sells a flat that can be bent to shape.

Boris did a build, he's the shovel ak guy; http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/148346-PPSh-()-build-giga-thread-(you-bet-your-a**-pictures!)

It's unfortunate that the ATF turns such a simple design into a cluster fuck to actually get it done legally.
>>
>>35145606
His thread was full of great images but it looks like the sheckle hungry assholes at photobucket ruined that.
>>
File: FtNib6J.jpg (169KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
FtNib6J.jpg
169KB, 1024x1024px
>>35145606

Thanks brother this is a good start.
>>
File: anteater.jpg (36KB, 600x188px) Image search: [Google]
anteater.jpg
36KB, 600x188px
>>35145641
You got it, mang. Machining (and as a subset, gunbuilding since they're such neat machines) should be taught in the schools of all free countries, sucks that those don't exist anywhere.

I had some ppsh tabs open for fucking months since I've been putting that off but I honestly just closed them the other day haha. Mostly stuff on weaponeer. Depending on how involved you want to be in making things from scratch/scrap, you can do this cheaply or expensively. Wise-lite sells a 16" barrel full receiver IIRC that usually still needs a shit load of work done to be functional so it's a big expense that makes you feel better but doesn't actually save you much time. As you accumulate tools, you'll find a shop press and some sheet steel as very useful for ppsh/pps/ak building. Welding skill is important to develope too, but that only takes practice =)

Have you done any other builds before? It seems cliche but 80% ar's are pretty satisfying and easy projects to get started with.

pic related is a pps-43 showing why you need a longer shroud, that looks like shit lol
>>
>>35145564
You are clearly retarded.

Is a plumber going to modify the bolt for you?

You are obviously incapable if you're trying to find a complete receiver.
>>
>>35145961
>My daddy never showed me how to change a tire
The Post

Have you ever considered that humans are capable of doing things themselves?
>>
File: f9836032.jpg (158KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
f9836032.jpg
158KB, 1200x1600px
>>35145698
That's sweet man.

I have never done anything like a pph I used to work for Kimber in Yonkers On custom rifles. Mostly did things like reaming barrels And of course proof tests at the range.

I worked at picatinny Arsenal on armor shielding and got to work on CNC 6 axis lathe.

Currently going through a machining class after work just as an extra curricular. The guy who teaches it is really good and is such an old timer he insists on using manuals.

I'm planning on using good materials I wanna do this once.

Pic related it's a stupid rose I made on a triumph industrial laser.
>>
>>35145961
You're a salty little cunt aren't you. Not only can I sweat my own pipes but I can run my own lathe. Injoy hiring all your handyman Some of us choose to be more capable.
>>
>>35146163
>Injoy
Its okay. Some of us have an education.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.