[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just how talented a shooter is Hikok? What percentile of accuracy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: grovestreet.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
grovestreet.gif
2MB, 320x180px
Just how talented a shooter is Hikok? What percentile of accuracy would you put him in for non-military trained gun owners?
>>
>non-military trained

I was a fine shot, and had plenty of time to practice thanks to my role and career, but dedicated civilian shooters are on a higher level. They might not be able to do it "for real" but they have infinite time, personal equipment and don't have to stay within regulations. As we became more concerned with practical pistol shooting, we had instructors come in from the Olympic teams. We'd do the rest of it, but for fine tuning those skills the civilian shots were better. Many of them had previous service, but they hadn't picked up those skills there.

Delta Force took a similar route. They rounded up the top competitive handgun shooters at the time, along with a small team of FBI instructors.

What I'm saying is; competition shooters are better at precision shooting than military teams. Even military teams have comparatively less time to practice and compete, generally speaking.
>>
>>35144279
makes sense, considering you have to learn a lot more when you're a soldier.
>>
>>35144279

This, police and military typically only take the time to be decent. People with access to guns and large amounts of free time (civilians or off-duty) can become great.

As anon said for precision shooters, civilians can make their own rifle to fit them and their goal in any caliber they want. If they have a thick wallet they'll have a better rifle, ammo, and have more time to practice with ammunition tailored specifically to their build
>>
>>35144324
>This, police and military typically only take the time to be decent
Barely decent. Military and Police standards are effectively very low and most spend very little time practicing, like a couple magazines 2 or 3 times a year.
>>
>>35144279
Reminds me of Top Shot season 3 where the no pedigree civilian dude just blew everybody else out of the water.
>>
>>35144279
>>35144324
>ywn get to see a gunfight between a 3gun champion and a ranger
>>
>>35144581
Anyone have the videos of cops taking 10 shots to take down one dude?
>>
>>35144238
I don't know why none of the other kommantards are actually answering your question. But hes pretty good as far as I know. Once his gun is sighted in, he's hit long range targets using pistols with ease. Major respect to him because he actually leaves in the shots he misses.
>>
>>35144297
>learn a lot more when you're a soldier.
You mean take orders and rote skill use? You only need 75-80 IQ to enlist grunt
>>
>>35144786
Top percentile like within top 80% easy.
>>
>>35144637
One is less likely to hesitate
>>
>>35144793

You forget, most gun owners suck at shooting. My guess:

30% have one to several deer rifles, maybe a quail shotgun and they shoot several times a year sometimes skipping a season or two. 40% bought a gun once for protection and may or may not have ever fired it. There's about 20% who own more and shoot for fun at varying levels but most don't pass more than 500 rounds a month and few are good. 5% do the same thing but shoot much more often and take the sport seriously. The last 5% are either competition shooters or train to be like them.

The last two groups are where the great shooters are. I'd define a good shooter just as being able to hit a 6 inch plate at 20 yards everytime with a 4 inch barrel.
>>
>>35144793
Top1%, the majority of gun owners really suck. Even walking rounds in, 100yds is incredible with a handgun.
>>
>>35144238
top 1-5%
>>
>>35144867
meh, 3gun's reaction speed probably makes up for that
>>
>>35144900
>>35144902
>>35144928

These, he's pretty damned great
>>
>>35144994
Question is, is that relatively speaking? There's plenty of people out there who are terrible shots.
>>
File: 851781.jpg (44KB, 880x660px) Image search: [Google]
851781.jpg
44KB, 880x660px
>>35145010
id consider anyone who can keep all rounds in the black at 25 yards with a handgun in the top 30%
the average gun owner is horrible
>>
>>35145101
>>35145101
>tfw have dreams where I'm hangout out with hickok
>we're both shooting cool guns and having fun
>hickok says lets go for the gong
>he clears his entire magazine into it
>i cant land a single shot on it
>he pats me on the back
>"you'll get it next time life is good"
>>
>>35139889
Didn't he ring the Gong with a hi point? He's a top 1% pistol shooter. His rifle and shotgun seems average good as his ranges are short
>>
>>35144637
Ranger. Moving and shooting at a level comparable to tier one but without the specialized not combat stuff. 3 gunners are slow and deliberate for time. Carl Cucksada is a 3 gun champ and we've all seen his vids.

Also rangers know how to move and use cover and fight in not perfect conditions
>>
>>35145224
Rangers the best SOF at direct action?
>>
>>35145224

>he thinks combat is tactically rolling from cover to cover

One on one match shooter has advantage. He obviously isn't going to stand there and wait for the beep to start shooting but his marksmanship and speed will carry over.

Six on six I'd give to the rangers
>>
>>35144238
Keep the Hood safe H
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.