[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best and worst gun manufacturers and what shapes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

What are the best and worst gun manufacturers and what shapes your opinion on these companies?
Which ones are trustworthy and why?
>>
>>35140670
Ruger is god tier
>>
>>35140670
Kimber is low quality overpriced

HK is high quality overpriced

Walther gave up making real guns to do .22s, haven't bought from them except for an ancient used PPK

Taurus is a fucking huehuehuehuehue monkey shop, don't buy it, I CC'd a Taurus for a while and I was afraid of being confronted.

Smith and Wesson is a cuckolded company, they submitted to the gun control jew, I only own their old stuff.

Remington got bought out by chicoms, they make shit nowadays, but 20th century 870s are the bomb.

Bushmaster is just shit.

Kel Tec makes alright weapons, for what they are, but they're still mediocre and they have lots of vaporware.

Henry is fucking laughable, all of their full size lever actions load via poverty tube, get a marlin instead.

Glock is a murderer but his guns are alright if you're a milquetoast faggot who likes the handling characteristics of a two-by-four.

No experience with Wilson Combat, Kahr, TC (?), NEF, or Merkel.

Everything else I've had positive experience with, Savage is good for poorfags, Browning, Winchester, and Ruger are all admirable American companies.
>>
>>35140801
What are some of ruger's good business practices in your opinion?

>>35140901
>glock is a murderer
What did you mean by this?
>>
>>35140942
I took my 10/22's trigger group apart and couldn't put it back together so I sent it to them and they fixed it for free. All i had to pay was shipping
>>
>>35140901
>Walther gave up making real guns to do .22
No, they were bought by a faggot company who made airsoft guns and .22s so said faggot company could use their brand. They still make excellent guns. PPS M1, PPQ M1, P99.
>>
>>35140942
Don't quote me on it but I think there's some sort of stupid Sam Hyde esque meme about glock having literally shot two people and gotten away with it. I've seen a couple of anons parroting it on /k/ before or maybe it's just one VP9 guy.
>>
>>35140670
FN.

That is all.
>>
>>35140901
>>35140670 Never had the Bushmaster Xm-e2s M4 fail, couple thousand through it.
>>
Anything owned by Freedom Group is garbage. The rest all have at least some merits. Except the real garage grade shits like Phoenix and Cobray and whoever though zip22s/card guns/plastic derringers were a good idea. Companies that file for bankruptcy almost every fiscal year also tend to suck, so Colt.
>>
>>35140801
It's really weird, I know Ruger is a good company that makes good guns. But for some reason, it doesn't seem appealing to me.
>>
>>35140670
HK is great.
I don't take SIG seriously at all anymore.
Walther went full retard and switched to button magazine releases.
Uberti is always cool.
FN is pretty good.
The Wilson Combat Beretta is great, as are the other guns those companies make.
>>
>Kimber
Used to make good guns now theyre shit

>Kel Tec
lel tec

>Kahr
still fine guns, but no longer stand out in the crowd

>Franchi
still fine shotguns but nobody carries them

>Browning
once a good gun manufacturer now a mediocre one, their 380 1911's and high powers are truly disappointing for how much you pay

>Winchester
Older = better but theyre still using a solid design and maintain good quality

>HK
they hate you

>Henry
good luck ever finding any of their rifles that you actually want

>Glock
at least the gen 5 is something

>Bushmaster
used to make good ARs, now trash tier

>Benelli
good shotguns but fucking expensive

>Wilson Combat
viscously overpriced, get an STI and save some cash

>Weatherby
if you want a $2000 bolt gun this is a good way

>Walther
Just avoid the P22

>Taurus
Just avoid

>Smith & Wesson
actually theyre doing a good job keeping up with things, im snagging an M&P9 Compact when we get em in

>Sigarms
The P320 was what the P250 should have been and years too late

>Ruger
The american handgun sucks, the 10/22 is a great rifle, the MkIV took too long to come out with, and the American rifles are good budget rifles

>Tikka
Good rifles overall, good triggers, low aftermarket

>Thomspon
Now owned by S&W, cheap rifles, rifle caliber single shot handguns are also hilarious

>Stoeger
a cheap benelli

>Savage
see Tikka, the shotguns and rimfire options are "meh"

>RRA
unable to adapt to the current market, spend money elsewhere

>H&R
its like McDonalds but for guns, its cheap, it'll do, but youll want something better pretty soon

>Mossberg
solid shotguns, good intro semi auto, the Patriot is actually really nice for the price, avoid their rimfire shit

>Merkel
if benelli wasnt able to take enough of your money, call these guys up

>Marlin
USED to be good guns now theyre pretty shit

>Remington
see marlin, only exceptions are the 870 and Versamax, just buy an aftermaket action and stock and build your own shit
>>
>>35141880
>Walther went full retard and switched to button magazine releases.
They still make the paddle magazine release models of all of their guns.
>>35141924
>Just avoid the P22
Avoid anything not made in Ulm.
>>
>>35141852
I feel the same way. I think it's because I've always had an affinity for military weapons and gear and something about Ruger screams "civilian" and I can't get ever it. Even as far as hunting guns go I like Winchester and Remington better.
>>
>>35141924
now for ones you missed

>Rock Island
good 1911 for the money, lots of options

>Springfield
XDs are shit, TRP Operator is bae

>FN
F'n expensive, the FNS is shit, the 509 is shit, the five seven is OK, the PS90 is spess gun, SCAR 17 is overpriced

>CZ
impossibly hard to find in stock, amazing guns for the price, you WILL regret selling one

>Primary Weapons Systems
the only piston AR you should own

>Zenith
MP5 clones for a decent enough price, good quality

>DPMS
heheheheheheh no

>Delton
budget ARs with reasonable quality
>>
>>35141950
I think the only thing I like that ruger has is their mark 3 pistol.
>>
>>35140670
>Kimber
Overpriced trash with awful QC.
>Keltec
Meme guns of good quality.
>Kahr
Who?
>Franchi
A richfag go-to for hunting. High quality at a high price.
>Browning
Not terribly relevant now, but current offerings are still okay.
>Winchester
See Browning
>HK
The end all, be all for """richfags""". All of their offerings are excellent if overpriced.
>Henry
A shadow of their former selves. Avoid thanks to the shoddy QC and limited offerings.
>Glock
The Honda Civic of handguns. That comes with all the positive and negative implications.
>Bushmaster
Non-AR products are only okay for the price. ARs are vastly overpriced. The plummeting price and rising quality of AR parts is pushing them into the grave.
>Benelli
Like Franci, but also used by SWAT and Spec-Ops. Again high quality for high price sans their cheaper made line.
>Wilson
The ultimate company for dads with too much money.
>Weatherby
Another fudd gun company. Not outstanding but not shit.
>Walther
JAMES BOND. Recently QC has taken a hit. Older guns are great though.
>Taurus
People call Glocks grenades as a joke. These are actual BRBR grade grenades.
>Smith and Wesson.
Reputation is still recovering because of the Clinton cucking, but they make reliable and well-preforming firearms at fair prices. GOAT revolvers only rivaled by Ruger.
>Sig
See HK
>Ruger
Did a 180 when Bill Ruger finally died and became a rival to Smith with good guns at reasonable prices.
>Tikka
Nice hunting rifles but little else.
>TC
See Tikka
>Stoeger
They still make guns?
>Savage
Poor mans hunting rifle. You get what you pay for.
>RCR
They still exist?
>H&R
Why would you even want one? Pay little to get little.
>Mossburg
The go-to for the everyman shotgun. High quality shotguns for fairly cheap. Other offerings are weaker but not irrelevant.
>Merkel
Holy shit that's a lot of money for a fudd gun.
>Marlin
QC took a nosedive. Older guns are okay.
>Remington
Marlin's nosedive times ten. Freedom group fucked them. Old 870s rock.
>>
>>35140901
>>35140901
>>35140901
>Smith and Wesson is a cuckolded company, they submitted to the gun control jew, I only own their old stuff.
You spelled ruger wrong
>>
>>35142040
There are a few I want to dispute but I really can't.
>>
This thread is actually really interesting.
Anything regarding
>Hera
>Schmeisser
?
>>
>>35142138
not a rugerfag but it's literally the exact opposite, with the old man dead sturm ruger and co has seriously unfucked itself
>>
>>35140670
>Good
Ruger, HK, Stevens, Traditions, FN/FNh, Cobray for triggering the Alphabet men

>Bad
Glock, SIG, Springfield, pre-modern Ruger
>>
Kahr is actually based. Good prices, good quality, no useless bells and whistles.

TC is also based. Guns for fudds who actually know how to shoot.
>>
>>35140901
Winchesters and Brownings are made in Japan now, they arent American anymore
>>
>>35141924
>Beretta
Their products tend to be priced a tad high, but they are very nice. The new M9A3s are fantastic, but not at all CC friendly. They also make good skeet shooting shotguns
>>
>>35141924
I would add that Ruger makes nice revolvers too.
>>
>>35140670
Out of those?
>Kimber
Expensive, of dubious quality, basically safe queens
>KelTec
Cheap polymer crap
>Kahr Arms
Cheap conceal carry polymer
>Franchi
No opinion
>Browning
Makes hunting gear and good sporting shotguns
>Winchester
Makes decent ammo and lever guns
>HK
Expensive but high quality
>Henry
No opinion
>Glock
Affordable one trick ponies, but they are really good at that one trick which is making a good polymer pistol
>Bushmaster
No opinion, made the meme ACR that nobody remembers
>Benelli
Shotguns shotguns shotguns, great shotguns
>Wilson Combat
No opinion
>Weatherby
Makes long range magnum rifles
>Walther
Makes pistols and is quiet about it
>Taurus
Cheap revolvers of dubious quality, better off as a paper weight
>Smith and Wesson
Great revolvers for slightly high prices
>SigArms
Makes decent polymer pistols for good prices
>Ruger
Great revolvers for affordable prices, not as pretty as S&Ws
>Tikka
I only know them for making amazing quality hunting rifles
>TC
Thompson Contender? Cool target shooting stuff.
>Stoeger
Cheap crap that will probably go bang
>Savage Arms
Makes polymer hunting rifles. Probably ok quality.
>Rock River Arms
No opinion
>NEF
Never heard of them
>Mossberg
Makes great affordable shotguns
>Merkel
Never heard of them
>Marlin
Good lever actions
>Remington
Used to be good shotguns, now of dubious quality, makes good ammo
>>
File: 32551sda.png (1MB, 768x1093px) Image search: [Google]
32551sda.png
1MB, 768x1093px
>>35144650
I've done some clay shooting with a jap made Browning shotgun and it was fucking great all around. The design is done right and it is made for cheaper by actual craftsmen. Don't dismiss it for being jap made. You're getting your Asians confused. It's not like you are getting monkey made chink shit.
>>
>>35144799
I wasnt disparaging Japanese build quality, i was just pointing out that the companies arent American. I shot a new Winchester at a range once, the build quality was every bit as nice as old Winchesters
>>
>>35140901
>Sigarms
Missed your chance
>Sigarms develops boomerangs
>>
>>35144740
>noguns: the post
>>
HK: overpriced but makes quality products

Daniel Defense: Top tier customer support, high quality products. I hope their high product output doesn't drop quality too low

Czechpoint: The stuff they sell is well above par for the price. Great customer support

--------------------What are you doing line-----------------------------------

Sig Sauer USA: Stop being a fucking meme. Stop catering to the spartan heads. Unfuck your quality control. Unfuck your customer support. Sell me a SG550 already you shitheads and don't dick it up.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.