[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Realistically, what can a military actually do to combat something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 13

Realistically, what can a military actually do to combat something like this?

Assuming that you don't know it's happening until after the first strike, it seems that you need at least two things:

Defenses on alert and prepped
Proper Identification and Authentication

Am I missing anything?
>>
>>35140086
>what can a military actually do to combat something like this
shoot first
>>
>>35140086
have the seal haho into a 12 point insertion with mp5 akimbo
>>
>>35140170
ebin
>>
File: constant_vigilance.jpg (22KB, 244x291px) Image search: [Google]
constant_vigilance.jpg
22KB, 244x291px
>>35140086
>>
Kill all brown people before they inevitably pull shit like this.
>>
If a bunch of people start calling on their cell phones saying their plane has been hijacked, sortie a fighter and shoot down the plane if it gets near a population center.

This isn't rocket science, it's just that the Clinton/Bush national security teams sucked ass.
>>
>>35140086
Overthrow the government when it gets too powerful.
>>
>>35140086
>Realistically, what can a military actually do to combat something like this?
By canceling the fucking drills you're holding after the FAA gets on the horn and says "oh shit niggers we have three active hijackings on the east coast please help".
>>
>>35140086
Nothing, this is a preventative police matter
>>
>>35140086
have a secdef who actually does his fucking job in a crisis
>hey rumsfeld you need to authorize shootdowns of civilian planes
>nah I'm gonna go to my regular 9:30 CIA briefing instead
>>
Bomb Mecca
Nuke North Korea
Threaten anyone who steps out of line with the same fate
>>
AA batteries on top of every building. Office CIWS mounts. Window cleaners with LAWs and Stingers.
Basically just give literally everybody anti aircraft weapons and tell them to only use them on planes that get a bit too close. What could go wrong?
>>
File: dankermemes.jpg (62KB, 477x335px) Image search: [Google]
dankermemes.jpg
62KB, 477x335px
Create and circulate only the most based and dankest memes of all time to win the hearts and minds of humanity then relinquish themselves after effectively dissolving every monopoly.
>>
>>35140086
The military can't do anything to prevent something like this, because it isn't their job. The intel community is responsible for making this shit not happen. Be smarter before posting here, you retard.
>>
What gun can i buy that can kill a kike?.
>>
File: thermite2.jpg (136KB, 897x645px) Image search: [Google]
thermite2.jpg
136KB, 897x645px
>>35141495
>>
>>35141503
You’re gonna have to smelt your own bullets from coins to be effective at taking zogs down
>>
File: 1502830050438.jpg (745KB, 816x2880px) Image search: [Google]
1502830050438.jpg
745KB, 816x2880px
>>35141515
Well rustle my jimmies why don't cha
>>
>>35141512
A really big fucking hole.
>>
>>35140736
>>35140737
>>35140753
>>35141396
>>35141412
>>35141453
>>35141477
>>35141495
>>35141499
All of these are correct answers in their own way.
>>
File: William Cooper.jpg (312KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
William Cooper.jpg
312KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>35141531
coming right up
>>
>>35141530
so insurance moguls hired out shitskins working for the saudis to fly planes into the towers (planes with no people on them, flown by remote control by hijackers from the wrong country) that spooks already were gonna thermite to avoid demo costs right after the military had conducted exercises referencing planes as weapons?
and the pentagon got word of all of this and evacuated a wing?
get your shit straight.
>>
Almost all aircraft are equipped with a transponder.
The transponder transmits a 4 digit number that the pilot easly puts in.
1200 for regular VFR flight. And a custom 4 digit number for aircraft that are on a IFR flight plan or flight following.

Transmitting 7500 means your aircraft is hijacked and the military WILL shoot you down. No questions asked.
>>
>>35141629
>the military WILL shoot you down. No questions asked.
well, assuming they get authorization, which is probably 9 kinds of clusterfuck.
just give every police station in a major terror target city a dozen stingers and tell them to pop a shot at anything seeming to reek of sandniggers and the problem should be solved.
>>
>>35141629
>Transmitting 7500 means your aircraft is hijacked and the military WILL shoot you down. No questions asked.

Huh. Seriously? Like if I went into the cockpit and typed in that number in the appropriate box, they would actually just shoot us down without even trying to contact us?
>>
>>35141623
More like the bankers and royal families agreed to stage another false flag.

BTW you're a fucking idiot. Get the fuck out of my office. Bear crawl back to your rack and suck your own cock until you die.... You didn't post a single dank meme and your shit is all retarded.
>>
Honestly nothing can be done because we live in an age of cucks. They will just let it happen because fighting terrorists are considered racist. I mean 1/4 planes fought back.
>>
>>35141647
Well think about it. During 911 they just killed the pilots meaning they have between when he disturbance starts to when the terrorists are forcing there way into cockpit. Assuming the fire marshals are killed they are now armed with guns. So there is really no point in contacting an aircraft that's already been successfully highjacked
>>
>>35142070
Air marshal not fire marshal
>>
File: Tactical airplane scissors.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
Tactical airplane scissors.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>35140086
There's nothing the military can do. The passengers however...
>>
File: 9-11.png (226KB, 350x700px) Image search: [Google]
9-11.png
226KB, 350x700px
>>35140086
Terrorism is an effective tool because it is literally impossible to stop. That said, the bigger the target/objective, the easier it has been to prevent. Big operations take training, communication, and more substantial logistical/organizational support. More components/people involved the greater the chance for prevention.

Terrorism is impossible to defend against in entirety for a number of reasons.
1. Limitless targets to attack that achieve more or less the same objective.
2. The inability to adequately safeguard limitless sites, for prolonged periods.
3. Without a doubt the most cost effective and publicly impacting means to communicate a political message
4. Reason #3 would not be possible without Reasons #1 & #2.

The only way to seriously combat terrorism/terrorists would be to seriously erode civil liberties.

Personally, I'd rather take the status-quo than go that far.
>>
>>35142108
Holy shit, why don't we just let everyone bring guns onto planes.
This way if anyone acts up they get BTFO by the closest armed civilian.
>>
>>35141623
no more like government hears whispers about a major terrorist attack directed at america but fails to stop it because of a combination of the following
a.)negligence because its just another one of those "tips" from the intelligence agency
b.)being lax because who could ever think that a terrorist could hurt America
c.)did not act up on it because we need to feed the military industrial complex another major war and enemy since the ruskies dont look like a threat now
>>
>>35142306
I'd honestly be fine with CCW holders being allowed to bring their guns on board. Statistically you're less likely to be shot by a CCW holder than by a cop.
>>
>>35141583
didn't also believe in ufo's and shit?
>>
>>35142366
but most ccw holders have almost no training and will shoot a lot of innocents
>>
>>35142306
There are tens of thousands of flights/day.

It is a statistical likelyhood that there will be failures in security.

Your line of reasoning is fucking retarded as a more effective means to combat hostile airline passengers.

>>35142347
That does not see to the core of the present problem. Since and because of 9/11 we are collecting more intelligence than ever before.

The problem with so much data
a.)Too much information for an inadequate numbers of personnel to process through in a meaningful/adequate amount of time to act against.
b.)Prioritizing certain targets, on a number of sub-factors.
c.)Despite attention and efforts by the 9/11 Commission, numerous state and federal agencies still don't like other kids in their sandbox. That doesn't even go into international cooperation, which is arguably been better than domestic cooperation efforts.
>>
>>35140086
auto-SAM turrets in every city
>>
>>35142392
Did you read my commen? Ccw holders are more law abiding than police officers.
>>
>>35141647
>>35142070
the military will NOT shoot you down just because you're squawking 7500, they will only shoot you down if you're posing a direct threat to civilians

interception procedure is as follows (in the US):

>intercepting aircraft will make call on guard (121.5) saying something like "United 750, you have been intercepted, head north immediately"
>one aircraft will generally stay on your tail, another will come to your side so that you can see them by looking to the left or right
>intercepting aircraft will rock wings, you must rock wings as well at day, plus flash nav lights at night
>respond IMMEDIATELY on guard stating your flight number, nature of flight, etc if possible, else follow visual intercept instructions (a slow turn in a direction means "follow me", circling airport + lowering gear means "land here in the direction we're flying", abrupt turn across nose + flares means "turn in this direction NOW")
>intercepting aircraft will then give directions, follow them

a normal intercept is just you being told to fly in a direction by an F-16, then being told to land at an airport, and then being chewed out by the FAA when you land. it's very unlikely that a normal hijacking would get you shot down. they'd be more likely to say something like "land at this airport immediately for negotiations or we will shoot you down"
>>
>>35140086
Realistically to combat terrorism you would have to make sure Sunni Muslims did not immigrate to your country in large numbers

Where the military comes in is culling the CIA Turkey coup style to remove the Jewish shadow gov that blackmails the pedophile politicians that keep the borders open, the purpose of which is to polarize society and maintain the two party system and therefore the US war-economy
>>
>>35140737
>sortie a fighter and shoot down the plane if it gets near a population center.
>Thousands of planes up at any given time
>Major airports are always near population centers

9/11 worked because there was no way to track a plane with transponders off, and at the time no fighters could respond until after it was all over.
>>
>>35141453
>Implying any fighters could get there on time, much less ID one plane in thousands
>>
>>35143908
>Realistically to combat terrorism you would have to make sure Sunni Muslims did not immigrate to your country in large numbers
>20 guys on a mix of student and tourist visas
>Immigration
You're an idiot.
>>
>>35140737
But planes got hijacked before as well mostly they were not suicidal

They would land some where get money then fuck off
>>
File: execdecision2.jpg (27KB, 600x248px)
execdecision2.jpg
27KB, 600x248px
>>35140086
israel did 9/11
>>
>>35144274
Which is why 9/11 worked then but can't anymore.
>>
>>35141657
>United States
>royal families
????!!!!?????
>>
>>35145560
Just goes to show how stupid Truthers are.
>>
>>35140086
well they can shoot down anything that goes off course but i dont think thats a good idea
>>
>>35145560
>>>United States
>>royal families
>????!!!!?????
>implying the Bushes aren't aristocracy above the law
>implying the Clintons aren't aristocracy above the law
>>
>>35144017
Does radar not exist in your personal headcanon or something?
>>
>>35145560
You mean besides political families that have literally controlled the white house for multiple terms? Or celebrities that stand on the equivalent pedestal of royalty?
>>
>>35145655
>headcanon
Do you have any idea how insane trying to manually pick out one plane in US airspace with just radar is? And at the time NORAD was purely built to protect from incoming threats.
>>
>>35145633
>>35145673
>Derpposting conspiratards
>>
>>35145655
ATC operates mostly on Mode 3 transponders, also referred to as "secondary radar". These use information transmitted from the plane instead of a ground radar to inform the ground of what's going on.

Primary radar is available, but most guys in ATC have very little practical experience with it. It provides no identifying information, so when you're using it you have no idea which of the literally thousands of aircraft you're looking at is. Also, it doesn't provide altitude, so you can't use that to help, either. Trying to identify a plane who's trying to stay hidden with no warning, nor any real idea what's going on is virtually impossible.

The military wasn't exactly on the alert, either. Yes, there was an exercise, but that doesn't mean A. that they have weapons ready, because on an exercise you don't fucking carry missiles in the air, and B. that they have any sort of experience or training with finding a hostile plane with no transponders appearing in one of the busiest air corridors in the world with transponders off. They trained for hostile planes coming over the horizon - they aren't going to send one fucking Tu-95 as a first strike, so it's going to be bloody obvious when the entire VVS comes from Russia - or they are trained to respond to civilian planes acting a bit weird, where they almost always will have a transponder squawking in Mode 3.

Maybe you just too damn young to remember it, but September 11th was confusing as hell. Nobody knew what was going on. They evacuated the WTC in fucking Portland, Oregon because over in this bumfuck nowhere state they thought they might be attacked (never mind that it's one of the shortest buildings in downtown).

I could, but don't, believe in somebody other than just Al Qaeda being behind the attacks. The House of Saud would be the most obvious, but only planes make sense. Everything else is stupid because it's just too much damn effort.
>>
>>35145757
>Comey: Clinton abused and mishandled classified information
>Comey: I do not recommend charges against Secretary Clinton
really makes me think
>>
>>35145769
>BUT HER EMAILS
I hate the Clintons, but that is literally one of the dumbest scandals in modern history. She fucking had a private email server. OH NO. THE WORLD IS ENDING. NOTHING ELSE THAT THE CLINTONS HAVE DONE THAT IS SHADY AS SHIT HAS THE IMPORTANCE OF AN OLD WOMAN NOT KNOWING HOW INTERNET SECURITY WORKS.
>>
>>35140086
Literally nothing.
>Claiming it's for Ransom will not convince passengers that you won't crash into a building anymore and therefore as soon as it happened it would never repeat.
>>
>>35145767
The closest they got to an intercept was one fighter an hour after Flight 93 had crashed, anyways.
>>
>>35145769
>Clinton abused and mishandled classified information
Except his report was that he had no proof she personally mishandled any materials, had any intention to, or that, as the top clearance authority, was in a position that being unintentionally sent mislabeled materials or future classified material could be charged anything.
>>
>>35145811
t. grossly uninformed
she talked about selling political favors on her emails
even if she didn't do that, she didn't obey the law and she failed to have any repercussions for it. ergo, she is above the law
you are not fit to participate in this conversation

>>35145877
except she ordered her aids to delete her emails after being subpoenaed
you too are not informed enough to have this conversation
>>
>>35145916
>Private emails all dated after she left office before a subpoena
Nice try.
>>
>>35145976
not true
>>
>>35145993
Yes, it is, but hey, if you only listen to Breitbart's version of events...
>>
>>35146049
>if i assert you associate with a boogieman, you're wrong
not an argument, child.
i get all my information from primary sources
>>
>>35146063
And the primary source in this case does not say what you say it does, while your version is a pretty good parrot of Breitbart.
>>
>>35146215
where do you get off lying like this?
>>
>>35146224
>lying
Yeah, this is where you show how much an idiot you are.
>>
File: 1504193901456.gif (2MB, 320x165px) Image search: [Google]
1504193901456.gif
2MB, 320x165px
>>35140086
They should have gotten an another big plane above the high jacked planes, then had special forces armed with pdws to rappel from 1 plane to the other.

Then they should have used some kind of hook to attach 1 plane to the other. And then used the other plane to lift the hijacked plane.

The air would break the high jacked planes wings off and won't cause much damage. And since the passengers are belted and seated so it's safe for them, while the terrorists are forced on the ride since they're standing. But of course, that won't be thier time for fear, that'll come later.
>>
Everyone forgets that three planes got hijacked. Only two hit their targets. The official report is the passengers over powered the terrorists and crashed. The unofficial report is the passengers got to die hero's and the Pentagon was saved.
>>
>>35146607
4 and 3, dummy. Both main WTC towers and the Pentagon were hit, the fourth was downed by the passengers rushing the cockpit to prevent it from hitting whatever their target was.
>>
>>35146607
>the Pentagon was saved.
>>
>>35146674
Damage would've been far worse.
>>
File: pWyXCZl.jpg (64KB, 500x678px) Image search: [Google]
pWyXCZl.jpg
64KB, 500x678px
>>35146607
>three planes were hijacked
>the pentagon was saved
really makes you think
>>
>>35146607
You have to be 18 to post here.
>>
>>35146934
It was hit by a plane. That's what happens with the impact of a mostly hollow, aluminum object into a reinforced concrete building.
>>
>>35146934
The target of the fourth plane was the capitol buidling.
>>
>>35146980
Even an 18 year old would have only been only been 1 when 9/11 happened, anon. It's slowly turning from memory to history right before your eyes.
>>
File: 1480346343953.jpg (60KB, 550x366px) Image search: [Google]
1480346343953.jpg
60KB, 550x366px
>>35147166
Holy shit, you're right. Is this what ww2 vets felt like when retards would reguritate stupid "facts" about the war and you just want to fucking shake them and say "No! You're wrong! I was there, you fucking turbofag!"?
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.