[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is World of Guns a /k/ approved game? Is it an accurate representation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: header.jpg (81KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
81KB, 460x215px
Is World of Guns a /k/ approved game?
Is it an accurate representation of taking apart guns and their components?
>>
>>35138448
As a game, it's mediocre. As a way to learn about the mechanics of firearms, it's the second best thing to taking one apart in real life.
>>
>>35138548
This. Tho a fair warning, some of the disassembly is wonky, such as not being able to pull parts out in the game that you'd be able to I'm reality because it doesn't satisfy the game's arbitrary order of things. Also, occasionally it has you remove parts that are riveted/welded together.
It's not perfect, but it's still really good for seeing how things go together and work together.
>>
>>35138448
It isn't perfect but I love it when a gun I want is in there and I can virtually fingerfuck it/see it work.

I've legit used it a few times to take things apart or familiarize myself with guns owned by friends before I shoot them.

They also have a gun disassembly ipad app that has the same content.
>>
>>35138448
I was bored at work so I thought I'd give it a go
>World of Guns requires access to your camera and microphone
>World of Guns requires access to your files
>You are required to log in to use, must be online

Yes Goyim!
>>
>>35138448
It has multiple inaccuracies. One i remember is the p90. In full auto the auto sear will teleport back, bypassing the need to show the transfer bar or caming lug in the hammer pack.

I assume the programmer doesn't know or is lawyering up

Also it requires a constant internet connection at all times
>>
as an instructor guide, its WAY too lineal. Requires you to do stuff in specific order instead of giving you freedom even if you wont fuck up.

As a game its a freemium piece of shit.
>>
>>35140784
tfw I used it to actually take apart my 1911 and FAL so I could detail strip it and make sure it's on the up and up internally.
>>
File: unnamed.png (330KB, 544x310px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
330KB, 544x310px
Weapon stripping 3D on Android is pretty good.
There is timed modes and free mode so you may take it apart how you want. You can shoot the guns too. Mostly russian weapons though.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.segasvd.WeaponFieldStrip
>>
File: I01.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
I01.webm
3MB, 854x480px
>>35138448
Didn't want to make a thread for it, but I see Halo get love here, and some fans of Halo 3 have been working on a free multiplayer PC exclusive called Installation 01 that's basically Halo 2 and 3 on Unity.
>>
>>35143517
Noice.
Hope it goes on, too many of those promising PC mods end up stalling it getting bogged down.
I'm still waiting on Timesplitters Rewind...
>>
>full access pack
>vehicles sold separately
>>
>>35139149
There's a bigger problem - inconsistency. For example - ometimes you have to unscrew individual screws, sometimes you unscrew few at once, sometimes you unscrew them as part of disassembling whole part. It really pisses me off.
>>
>>35143505

Where's the gas cylinder?
>>
>>35140969
I suppose you're talking about the android version.
You need to be connected to the internet because the models aren't saved locally, it downloads them when you use them.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.