[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy Shit. Russia still uses World War II bombs. They don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: 217632.jpg (280KB, 1500x1013px) Image search: [Google]
217632.jpg
280KB, 1500x1013px
Holy Shit.

Russia still uses World War II bombs. They don't have money? Why can't they do the respectful thing and just buy Chinese?

Also poo level digital camo.kek. Probably to hide in the sewers.
>>
Pretty sure that's a drop tank, though not 100% sure.
>>
If I recall.

They did say T-50-11 and T-50-12 will be the closest design to a serial production model.
>>
>>35132305
Drop tank you retard.
>>
>>35132305
Bad bait, although they do use Cold War era bombs.

They've developped some kind of CCRP systems that targets GLONASS coordinates, based on the plane's position and flight characteristics
>>
File: 217663.jpg (786KB, 1500x1014px) Image search: [Google]
217663.jpg
786KB, 1500x1014px
What's the point of the color scheme?
>>
>>35132503
Makes it look cool for the next modern day battlefield game
>>
File: 1373784412083.png (6KB, 203x195px) Image search: [Google]
1373784412083.png
6KB, 203x195px
>>35132305
If you're bombing fairly large targets and have decent bombing software / gyros in the cockpit, why waste the money? Dropping paveways on large, soft targets is wasteful.
>>
>>35132503
It's blocky and uneven, like the welding.
>>
>>35132305
>They don't have money?
No they don't that is why they aren't the "global threat" they are made out to be. Any pro Russian aggression is just a Greater Plan of revenge by a certain Middle Eastern country.
>>
File: raptor.jpg (92KB, 585x410px) Image search: [Google]
raptor.jpg
92KB, 585x410px
>>35132503

I don`t know, you tell me why they put color schemes for new stealthy fighters....
>>
>>35132634
Because Paveways/JDAMs are nearly gaurenteed to hit the target given and it's been a while since there was a conflict with "fairly large targets" with no collateral risk.

Oh, I forgot we were talking about Russia where hitting the hospital is a bonus
>>
>>35132724
Said burger, who`s multi-billion ultra-hightech equipment managed to miss few miles from the target and hit the school.
Oh, and I forgot, there was no hospital hit by RU-Airforce. Even your retarded gowernment acknowledged that.
>>
>>35132724

Wasn't France dropping concrete bombs on tanks in Lybia? It seems to have worked fairly well for them.
>>
>>35132503

Make plane harder to visually track in a dog fight or maybe just look cool? You retarded or something?
>>
>>35133626
You mean putting JDAM kits on dummy bombs? My understanding was that, that was a fairly common tactic when concerned about collateral damage or dealing with 'hard' targets.
>>
>>35133626
Didn't the frogs literally run out of bombs during the 2011 bombing campaign?
>>
>>35133713
As far as I remember they said that a few hundred lbs concret bomb falling from the sky is way enough to deal with t-55 and the like without collateral risks
>>
>>35132960
Jesus assmad eurofag, calm the heck down. Just go suck down some mudslime jizz, and give away any freedoms you have accidentally been left with in your third world shithole.
>>
>>35132305
What's with all the 50 Cent shills in this board recently?
>>
>>35133713
>>35133737

USAF ammo troop here

We got these things called "Loco" and "Very loco" bombs, stands for low collateral damage and very low collateral damage bomb

>BLU-126/B – Designed following a U.S. Navy request to lower collateral damage in air strikes. Delivery of this type started in March 2007. Also known as the Low Collateral Damage Bomb (LCDB), it is a BLU-111 with a smaller explosive charge. Inert ballast is added to match the original weight of the BLU-111, which gives it the same trajectory when dropped.[9]

>BLU-129/B – U.S. Air Force Mark 82 version with a composite warhead case which disintegrates upon detonation to minimize fragmentation, decreasing damage to nearby structures and reducing the chances of collateral damage.[10] The carbon fiber composite shell achieves three-times less collateral damage by keeping the blast radius tight, while the tungsten-laden case high explosive has greater lethality in that blast radius. Entered service in 2011 with some 800 units produced until early 2015. USAF is looking to restart production for domestic and international consumption.[11][12]

In essence its the same shape and size as a MK82 500 lb bomb, but has way less explosive in them and concrete filler.

This is very likely what france was dropping seeing as how we sell shit to other countries all the damn time
>>
>>35132695
That isn't a color scheme, its the effects of air friction heating the stealth coating.
>>
>>35132305
Could be a KMGU container, but unlikely at this stage. Most likely, fuel tanks.
>>
File: cce.jpg (59KB, 600x793px) Image search: [Google]
cce.jpg
59KB, 600x793px
>>35133868
>>
>>35133770
last gasp of the Liberal system trying to stir up shit.
>>
>>35133749
You poor baby, you don't have to get THAT mad over someone proving you wrong with facts.
>>
>>35132503

its better than just painting it pink.

the important part, as far as I remember, is that the belly is greyish white so it can blend with the sky and clouds and is refractive enough for that very small temperature improvement.
>>
>>35132960
>UN calls it in
>we take blame
RoEs and using mosques for cover is a bitch
>>
>>35134250
>>RoEs and using mosques for cover is a bitch
I think, the poster`s idea was if you have the same or nearly the same results with half century old dumb bombs and with ultra-hightech precission ammunition... Why pay the extra dollars for expensive hardware where it isn`t necessary?
BTW those things under the wing looks like anti-ship missile imitator. Which is interesting, since they are carried under the wings and not on underbelly hardpoints, like Su-27.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.