[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/ I know in this thread there's at least one marine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: 4514_250.gif (15KB, 300x296px) Image search: [Google]
4514_250.gif
15KB, 300x296px
Hey /k/ I know in this thread there's at least one marine here. I'll be going to MCT and I was wondering how it'll be like. Any advice would be good thanks.
>>
your MREs consist of Crayola Crayons and Elmers Glue and your platoon will have the collective IQ of a low fat yogurt, sember fi debildawg
>>
Hi develdog. Does your head look like an Easter egg yet?
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 236x314px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 236x314px
>>
I went through the 21 day course in 2008. It was fucking terrible, beginning to end. Basically boot camp 2.0, but a couple of fun gun parts mixed with shitty humps and a lot of tedious nonsense.

All my instructors acted like washed out DIs and had to yell at everybody about everything besides one who was super chill and just calmly walked people through shit.

It's probably changed since I went through a decade ago, though.
>>
>>35131173
Working party is either a blessing or a curse depending on the situations. I'll take working party than the pits any time though.
>>
it sucks. you're going to be standing in line for hours at a time in all kinds of weather just to fire a machine gun for about 10 seconds. you might get to blow shit up and you'll spend about 80% of your time outdoors. you'll interact with combat instructors, most of whom are actual combat veterans with delusions of grandeur fulfilling a b-billet while they wait for their medsep paperwork to go through.
>>
yep mct is mildly gay, but whatevs its only three weeks. hope you got a good mos dude, theres a lot of terrible ones.
>>
>>35131053
Bring/buy lots of dip. Even if you don't dip yourself, people will buy that shit off of you for 20 a can
>>
>>35131053 Memorize your 11 General Orders
>>
OP here, I'm open contract, so I'll be a cook. Anyone a cook? Also apparently my recruiter told me my ASVAB score is high for me to not become a cook is that true?

I'm 19 so I can't buy those. Also for 11 gen orders I'm fucked.
>>
>>35131319
>19
>can't buy tobacco
Your ASVAB isn't that high. GL with the cook life.
>>
>>35131319
you can buy dip retard. 18+ if military in california.
MCT is gay as fuck. youre going to spend every waking our waiting for a hump or range time, and the BRC marines will make fun of you for being a pog bitch. you deserve it. when you get libo eventually, go straight to get a fucking haircut first. and dont drink from your canteen.
>>
What is the actual difference between MCT and ITB?
>>
>>35131420
ITB is longer and harder.
>>
>>35131319
Nigga how did you leave bootcamp without knowing the 11 general orders?
>>
>>35131420
ITB is what grunts do. It's our MOS school. MCT is basically a little window where we have pogs do a little bit of everything we do, just for a taste.

It's a mixed bag. We have the best trained pogs, but the stupid ones think they are as well trained as Infantry. In reality once you hit the fleet if you're a pog MCT will be the hardest thing you ever do. If you're a grunt ITB will be the easiest thing you ever did. You joined open contract during peacetime. There's dumbass sailors, airmen, soldiers, and marines. Congratulations, you really are fucking stupid for joining open contract.
>>
>>35133567
I'm not OP, dumbass
>>
>>35131192
>All my instructors acted like washed out DIs and had to yell at everybody about everything
That's because they couldn't make it as DIs but still need a B billet to get promoted. If Drill Instructors are the best the Corps has (they aren't but go with it) then MCT instructors are the worst (this is actually true).
>>
>>35134477
Never said you were dipshit.
>>
>>35131420
One has people that don't need their fingers and toes to count to 20. The other is ITB
>>
>>35134477
>>35134524
Correction: 95% of my post was for you. The last part about joining open contract was for OP, or anyone dumb enough to do that.
>>
>>35134532
Yeah right you bad ass military police pog who uses a trip so I know exactly who you are. Stick to your milsurp.
>>
It's alright but it really sucks. Phase 4 boot camp. If you actually try to make the most of a shitty situation and have fun, you'll have a good time. If you're just gonna wait it out, it'll suck even worse. Do the MOUT town jobs and other shit with purpose and you'll have fun.
>>
>>35134557
See what I mean? Can't count and can't handle the banter.

I was only a MP as an augment. My MOS was 2311 (ammo bitch). Still got a CAR though.
>>
>>35134574
I'm still morning drunk. Can handle the bats just fine. I have one as well. How exactly did you earn that CAR. We both know they were giving that shit out like candy.

Anyway I Know you work at a lab or something, so your time as an MP doesn't mean shit in regards to your job. You used the GI Bill the same as me.

So if you don't want me to call you a bit ass pog, don't be a simpleton with the "grunts are dumb" hehe. It's you who can't banter, just generic bullshit a civvie would say. Guarantee my GT was higher than yours.
>>
File: Smu.png (5KB, 226x256px) Image search: [Google]
Smu.png
5KB, 226x256px
>>35131053
It'll be fun and it'll be shitty. More fun than boot, but less fun because hills fucking suck. It's a different area of the base if you were west coast.

>>35134560
This. Had our instructors basically say the same thing jokingly, some are more or less assholes and some are pretty chill. You'll generally still be told that you're a retard if you're fucking something up.

>>35134560
This. MOUT town jobs are the fucking best.
>get assigned to night MOUT town
>cold as fuck, fashion shirt into shitty keffiyeh
>put on that bitchin' blue dress and proceed to make it a living hell for any attacker along with my buds
>one squad fucks up so badly they have to re-do it, almost got to the end
>as they walk away someone at the last house starts fake-singing the vocals for this
Instructors were laughing too until he was told to shut the fuck up, but it was a good time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlVVjG6MqWE
>>
>>35134597
>How exactly did you earn that CAR
I looked at the machine guns too long and that counted as combat. Or I was a .50 gunner. Only the Lord knows.
>Guarantee my GT was higher than yours.
>>
>>35134736
>128

No fucking way, do you remember me also and are saying something you remember about me? I got 128, I shit you not.

That's why they put me in CLIC. They pull the grunts with higher scores. Or did, when they had the program.

Anyways we're both Marine vets, so truce, there are dumber shits here I'm arguing with.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.