[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm right hand dominant and left eye dominant, how do I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: zXraxHi.jpg (269KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
zXraxHi.jpg
269KB, 900x1200px
I'm right hand dominant and left eye dominant, how do I train myself to look down the site properly?
>>
>>35130077
Go watch T.REX ARMS' vid on YouTube
>>
>>35130077
I have the same issue.

For pistols, I just bring the gun more towards the left, my stance is never a "standard" stance, but I'm still accurate at 25, 30, and 35 yards.

For rifles, desu I just shoot lefty. It sucks massively, but for anything with a sight it's more or less necessary for me.
>>
>>35130077
Same here. With rifles, I shoot magnified optics righty, non magnified and irons lefty. For pistols, I shoot righty in a Weaver stance, but I cant the pistol about 20° to the left so the sights line up with my left eye. An NRA pistol instructor taught me that; looks goofy, feels natural, works very well. It was also surprisingly easy to learn to shoot lefty pistol, Weaver and one handed. With a compound bow, you'll have to shoot lefty, no choice.
>>
Shoot left handed. Not hard.
>>
>>35130077
duct tape your left eye
>>
>shoot both eyes open
>not shit up /k/ with the thousndth "muh special snowflake eyesight" thread

Life is good.
>>
>>35130597

it's actually common than you think.
>>
eyepatch over left eye and then make up some excuse when co workers ask about it
>>
i cannot conceive of having a dominant eye.
don't you see things with both eyes all the time?
>>
>>35130616

And theyre all wrong.

You can switch your dominant eye and shooting both eyes open is what you "should" be moving towards.

For rifles, you should be aiming same eye same shoulder with one eye unless you have an optic whicb enables both eye shooting.

Eye dominance issues are made up problems for fudds and noguns, like loaded mags damaging springs.
>>
>>35130077
Close your left eye when shooting rifles
>>
>>35130642
It depends and accidentally closing only one eye makes world wobble, kinda like shitty automatic digital video stabilization.
>>
>>35130664
how in the fuck would that help
>>
>>35130642
Look at a distant object and cover it with your finger, close one eye, open it, then close the other.

Did your finger move off the object when one of your eyes was closed despite you not moving your finger?
>>
>>35130678
You can actually focus on the sights without everything becoming a blurry mess, all without having to shoot with your non-dominant hand.
>>
>>35130681
with both eyes open, i see two translucent images of my fingers in front of different objects
if i close one eye, obviously i don't see behind my finger anymore, but it depends on which eye i have open to determine what object i don't see anymore
>>
>>35130696
Okay, sure, but even if it's translucent cover an object in the distance with it, when you close one eye and can't see the object you're covering that's your dominant eye, if you close one eye and your finger moves out of the way of the object that's your non-dominant eye.

That's what is meant by eye dominance.
>>
>>35130718
ok, i focus on my finger, and now the background is split into two images of equal clarity
there is no one object being covered by my finger
>>
>>35130743
you might not have a dominant eye, some people don't have eye dominance just as some people are ambidextrous
>>
>>35130077
How are you dominant in the eye that's closed?
>>
>>35130743
>i focus on my finger
For fucks sake, you're supposed to focus on the object
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVWEQk1JSl4
>>
>>35130761
i'd say it's more like being color blind.
i still don't quite know what people mean by having a dominant eye.
its something i've never perceived in my life, just like i see all colors
>>
>>35130781
see >>35130696
if i focus on the object, i see two out of focus fingers in my near vision. nothing is ever covered by both of them
if i close one eye, one of the phantom fingers disappears. if i close the other eye, the other phantom disappears
>>
File: 1470780293549.png (375KB, 763x960px) Image search: [Google]
1470780293549.png
375KB, 763x960px
>>35130799
Might want to get your eyes checked out buddy, that's not normal.
>>
>>35130818
i go to the eye doctor regularly to get more contact lenses.
i'm sorry you can't use both eyes at the same time
>>
>>35130799
That's the very definition of two eyed vision.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.