[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just picked one of these up cause I live in a cuck state I shot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: top.jpg (122KB, 1400x425px) Image search: [Google]
top.jpg
122KB, 1400x425px
Just picked one of these up cause I live in a cuck state I shot it today and the rear irons suck so I ordered the tech sights, a sling from them it only throws the brass about 9 feet it's a 583 model which I used federal 5.56 55 grain on it only threw the brass 9 ft so I'm guessing they fixed the gas bushing. Anything else I should do it?

>inb4 /arg/ trip fags appear
>>
I like it.
>>
>>35129063
Do they take regular stanags or still the mini 14 stanags?
>>
>>35129106
Mini 14 mags and rocking them in is a little annoying but you get used to it.
>>
File: 1504306794107s.jpg (6KB, 240x249px) Image search: [Google]
1504306794107s.jpg
6KB, 240x249px
Why does the ruger website charge more then brownells for their own magazines and think 10 rounders are illegal to ship to new york?
>>
>>35129063
1) I own one too, and like it a lot.
2) Now that you've learned how to shoot a Mini-14, please learn how to avoid writing run-on sentences.
>>
>>35129063
Neat. New or used? How much did you pay?
>Rear sights sucks.
Yeah they're really just badly designed.
>Only throws the brass 9 feet.
Mine always chucked them into orbit. Still, 9 feet is enough that it should run fine. Have you tried a mix of ammo? I see you ran Federal, but try out some el-cheap-o steel cased stuff just to see if it works properly. 9 times out of 10 it'll gobble that stuff right up.
>anything else I should do?
Other than replacing the sights I'd get some extra magazines. That's about it. Shoot n enjoy.
>>35129106
They don't make one that uses AR mags yet. Probably never will. If I had to guess they don't seem to care much about it anymore and would sooner simply drop production than do any design changes. but that's speculation.
>>35129361
Again, they don't seem to care enough about it. There's a lot that the Mini-14 could do if put in the hands of a talented engineer. As for cost, buying magazines from a manufacturer is always a rip-off. Just buy them from a 3rd party distributor.
>>
I'm considering this for a truck/camping rifle. Is it as reliable as all the reviews say?
>>
If I want to replace the barrel, how complicated is that? Also, are ther 20" barrels?
>>
>>35129394
If I use grammar I get called a redditor bro fucking pier pressure
>>
>>35129063
Suggestion for the tech sights: get the aperture insert system since the rear aperture that comes with the sight is much smaller (~0.05 inch) than the stock aperture (~0.09 inch) so you might have difficulty seeing the front post. \

http://www.tech-sights.com/aperture-inserts/
>>
>>35129106
>mini 14 stanags
you know stanag is an abbreviation of standardization agreement, right? That is, why rifles like the M16, FNC, SIG 556 all use the same magazine
>>
File: Holosun-Open-Reflex-1.jpg (27KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
Holosun-Open-Reflex-1.jpg
27KB, 500x354px
>>35129063
I found the rear sight to be rather "meh" myself, but my solution is to order one of these for my Mini: http://www.opticsplanet.com/holosun-hs510c-circle-dot-open-reflex-sight.html
>>
UNDERRATED AS FUCK

They're good rifles and the gassing and wandering issues have been fixed.

If you want to turbo accurize it get an accu-strut.

Also because they tend to be well balanced, handy rifles, scout optics (if you like old school stuff) and red dots are nice. I knew a guy with ano eokek 512 on one and it was a very fun combo.
>>
>>35130367

These are such good sights
>>
File: 1475261638619.jpg (42KB, 399x471px) Image search: [Google]
1475261638619.jpg
42KB, 399x471px
>>35130265
>>
File: 1399941317202.jpg (866KB, 4824x3128px) Image search: [Google]
1399941317202.jpg
866KB, 4824x3128px
>>35129063
move out of your bullshit state as soon as possible.

Freedom is waiting, anon.
>>
I bought it new it's a 583 and I got it for 850 at Wal-Mart because Big Dog Arms wanted 950 for the same rifle. I got 150 rounds of federal for 50 bucks but it's nice to know it will run steel through it.
>>
>>35130330
I was wondering if the inserts are worth it I got the sight and m1carbine 1" sling for 118 off Amazon I didn't know if the inserts were worth it but for another 20 I guess I should splurge. I don't want to put optics on it yet or a scout rail until I can nail the paper using iron sights I only own a marlin 30 30 and an m1 carbine so I've never used them much before but I'm going to go for it in the future.
>>
I got my 583 for $700, complete two 5-round and two 10-round magazines. Apparently some rich fella bought it, put maybe three magazines through it, then it was his safe queen for a year or so until he decided to put it on consignment with my LGS. The only issue with it was that the screws that attach the rail to the rifle were missing, but I emailed Ruger about it, and they sent me a complete new rail kit at no charge. The rifle even came with two scope rings, which I'm not going to use because I'm putting the Holosun on mine, but I figure I can re-use the rings with the Ruger Predator that I just ordered from Bud's.

All in all a great deal.
>>
>>35129063
Did you get the baby killer scary assault rifle black one or the socially acceptable non lethal grandma has one just like it woodgrain version?
>>
>>35131855
Non baby killer clothing
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.