[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did you lie at meps? You know you could have gotten wavers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault.jpg (141KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
141KB, 1280x720px
Why did you lie at meps? You know you could have gotten wavers right? Now your career choices are severely limited. Depression and medication arent a big deal and can be waved. Now? Say goodbye to that intelligence job. You'll never, ever get a job that requires secret or top secret clearance.
>>
>all of those weak jaws indicating low testosterone

Spot the one guy going into combat arms.
>>
File: MEPS.jpg (186KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
MEPS.jpg
186KB, 1280x720px
>>35127645
>Spot the one guy going into combat arms.

Found him.
>>
Why do most soldiers have receding hairlines?
>>
>>35127962
http://www.livestrong.com/article/103628-receding-hairline-causes/
http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20121210-are-bald-men-more-virile
>>
>>35127645
i will never understand the need to look down on people who aren't grunts
especially when its fuckin peacetime
>>
>>35127613
>talking to your chaplain about being kind of sad
Lol, little bitch shouldn't even be in there to begin with.
>>
>>35127990
Slight morale boost when they have to deal with shitty details or conditions
>>
>Depression and medication arent a big deal and can be waved.
Is that actually true? Australian here, wasn't true for us when I tried, and I was going for a high priority job too.
>>
me looking all quizzical in the anime shirt
>>
>>35128187
Is that actually an anime shirt?
>>
>>35128160
No... It's not true... auto dq unless there is a surge
>>
>>35128293
Is true if you mention that you wanna join to kill people you'll get DQ?
>>
>>35128245
One is a Metallica shirt, I can't tell what the other is.
>>35127774
That guys probably a satellite technician or something. Probably like 5 people in there are combat arms and it's more likely to be the weird looking guys.
>>
>>35128293
Hell it was an auto dq back in '05.
>>
>>35128359
Explain bergdahl
>>
>>35128293
>>35128359
I suspected as much.

This tranny ban that you now apparently have did make for some noggin joggin for me, because of all the outrage, yet someone who's successfully being treated for depression don't even get a mention.

I have no problem with trannies, or even trannies in the military, but it was hard to muster any sympathy given my own experience.
>>
prior recruiter here. Depression and meds can be waived, but you have to be off of them for like 6 month minimum and then have a bunch of letters from doctors saying you're fine. They can't find your medical history if you don't give them the info, and if shit isn't on your criminal record, don't fucking tell em.
>>
>>35128463
>wanted to go back in
>have re code 1
>was told no, won't touch you bc Sep code jfv
>army doc said I showed "depressed mood" after mom had cancer
>>
>>35128499
>not being happy your mum had cancer
>not hoping she dies sooner so she can slam jaegerbombs with Jeebus
You're a monster.
>>
>>35128544
Haha the bitch told me I gave her cancer no less but besides the point.
My fucking re code means I need no waiver but my separation packet nails me to the fucking cross
>>
>>35127613
>You'll never, ever get a job that requires secret
Everyone in gets secret clearance by default you retard, bait you b8 thread and git
>>
>>35128610
>Everyone in gets secret clearance by default you retard
you get a "local" secret that only allows you to handle COMSEC, maps, and use radios. it's not a real security clearance. every time you go to a new unit, you inpricess the S2 and you fill out the small packet that the BN commander signs off on
>>
>>35127613
>career
>>
>>35127613
>>Depression and medication arent a big deal and can be waved

Please elaborate
>>
>>35127613
Oh no, what ever will I do with all the money I make in the private sector instead? Why oh why didn't I reenlist? I could be working twice as hard for half the pay!
>>
>>35127976
>http://www.bbc.com

Fake news.

Not even meme-ing. All their science articles are clickbait based on questionable unverified studies that have not been peer reviewed.
>>
>>35130058
This.

I was only an resident alien when I joined. I scored high enough on the ASVAB to have pretty much any job I wanted, but after they found out I was not a citizen, the jobs I was eligible for was a short list of like 10 which didn't require any special kind of security clearance.

I got my citizenship while I was in and cross trained into another career field that required a TS and the process was quite intensive.
>>
>>35127645
>>35127774
>It doesn't really seem to matter much
I can tell you from personal experience, it's probably all but the nigger
>>
>>35127990
>an adult male
>actively choosing to take the safe easy path instead of the dangerous and hard path

We have been raised with Western ideas of masculinity and heroism. When the Gods granted Hercules the option of an easy rich life, or a life of trail and strife, which do you think he chose?

Fucking POG
>>
>>35128463
What about no clinical diagnosis history, but therapy history at school with therapist records detailing depression, suicidal considerations, and felony drug use?
Any way to waive that history without having that history actually opened up? Want a TS clearance.
>>
>>35132436
Sure thing, anon. Now get back to work. Those fries aren't going to cook themselves.
>>
>>35132436
Don't you have a parking lot to police call?
>>
>>35132436

Okay I've never got this 'POG' stuff in regard to 'choosing' your branch. I *was* an 11B and I didn't choose it. I took the ASVAB, they told me I was best off going Infantry, so I went Infantry. They didn't give me a choice (other than to walk away) ask me if I would prefer driving a truck or something. Whose getting these choices? They seemed to just TELL you what branch you were going into.
>>
>>35133674
>>35133679
Different guy, but put a tampon in those boi pussies, I can smell it from here.

Nothing wrong with taking the road less traveled. I wouldn't today because it's peacetime, but eh, someone has too.
>>
>>35127613
This is autistic. There are almost no waivers so don't even think those are a thing. Why would the Army ever take someone who they know has a problem over someone who is apparently perfectly healthy
>>
>>35133683
Sounds like you had a deficient asvab score
>>
>>35133683
I was an 0311, you're fucking retarded. I scored a 96 asvab and went marine Infantry.

The fact you say "Durr I took asvab and they said do dis so I did" means you're fucking retarded and only qualified with a 31 and had no other options, or you're an elaborate shit poster.
>>
>>35133683
Im
>>35133693
Now that I reread your bullshit. I'm calling it 100% bullshit. You talk about not getting to choose your own branch.

Did you talk to an Army recruiter? Do you know what a branch is? "I didn't get to choose my branch". Fake and gay. Back to call of duty.
>>
File: 20170712ran8560098_082.jpg (1MB, 3600x2400px) Image search: [Google]
20170712ran8560098_082.jpg
1MB, 3600x2400px
Meanwhile in Australia
>>
File: IMG_1017.gif (3MB, 506x238px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1017.gif
3MB, 506x238px
>>35133734
Imperialism at work
>>
>>35127613
>tfw got turned away at MEPS for pilonidal cysts
>tfw can't even operate aircrsft recreationally with these little hell-portals in my ass
I'm glad I got turned-away, but I wonder if I had surgery with another doctor if I wouldn't be in this position right now.
>>
>>35133734
Those two abos on the left don't even look human.
>>
>>35133946
It's probably best we don't let people with ass herpes join. Godspeed to you and your anus tho bro.
>>
>>35133700
>>35133693
This is a bunch of dick waving over fucking ASVABs. No one gives a fuck. Cool people with high scores chose jobs like 11B and 88M. Low people get put where they're best suited that isn't a task that would put them underwater.
>>
>>35134619
Why wouldn't you choose something marketable, like something to do with data analytics, network infrastructure or even fucking HVAC? It's peacetime. The only rifle-like implement your average 11-bangbang is going to be using on a regular basis is a broom. If we were at war, combat arms would be a decent choice. But we're not. So choose something that will benefit you the most when you finally ETS after realizing you would have been better off in college.
>>
>>35134619
>Reading comprehension

The "11b" is stolen valor. You don't join the military not knowing what branch you're in.
>>
>>35134641
Some people just want to do what their father, grandfather did or they have their own personal reasons for choosing a job that has ASVAB requirements lower than what they got.
>>
>>35134642
Not here to comment on that. Everyone has a different timeline and only he knows his timeline if he is a service member.
>>
>>35134653
Unless that bitch was drafted in Vietnam, I can tell you certaintie that he doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about.

You literally can't join the military today, or since Vietnam without selecting your branch of service first.

It's like saying "Durr I walked into the Marine recruiter and he put me in the Army, awww shucks".
>>
>>35134642

I mean to be fair recruiters tend to use the same tactics as car salesman, so you could just be nervous and/or easily pressured and basically get guided into a decision without realizing you'd made one.

The trick, just like when buying a car, is to delay signing anything and be indecisive until you've gotten everything you can milk out of the transaction. Kids fresh out of high school don't know this though and just get overwhelmed by some recruiters high pressure methods.
>>
>>35134642

I think by "branch" he means "MOS". They are somewhat interchangeable, especially since (at least in the army) "infanty" "armor" "cavalry" "signal" etc. are considered "branches".
>>
>>35132444
Could I ever go SOF with this kinda shit?
What about TS clearance for some tech computer stuff?
>>
>>35134647
If that's what you wanna do, sure, but you had better manage your money properly while you're in. Read up on personal finance, get yourself some decent investments, and don't spend on stupid shit like a Camaro. That way you might not be doing dick for the next few years but you'll at least get out with a damn tidy sum waiting.
>>
Legit question;
Went to a hospital for attempting suicide. That was 8 years ago and I'm clean, never had another incident and have been issued clean bill of health by my doctor. That's still perm DQ for US military right?
>>
>>35134754
That's really giving the benefit of the doubt. Never seen anyone else do that, and I've been on /k/ a while.

If so he is definitely low test.
>>
>>35134763
If another one of my stupid 19 year old airmen buys another piece of shit V6 Camaro and can't pay the fucking note on it I am going to lose my shit.
>>
>>35128460
>I have no problem with trannies, or even trannies in the military
fucking hell
2017 huh
>>
I lied because it was faster and nothing I had was ever going to be an issue. People who work at MEPS are cunts, fuck them.
>>
>>35127962
>Why do most soldiers have receding hairlines?
high testosterone levels.
>>
>>35135018
>giving a shit about other people
2017 indeed
>>
>>35133734
holy shit it's like one of those drawings of the evolution of man
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.