[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Newark here, Are they any laws preventing me from buying a weapon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: FB_IMG_1505069742807.jpg (130KB, 1072x1440px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1505069742807.jpg
130KB, 1072x1440px
Newark here, Are they any laws preventing me from buying a weapon (or several) in front of a community buy back program? [Niagara Falls, NY, USA]
>>
Correction. Newfag here. Skynet bullshit autocorrect
>>
You would need an FFL, as there are no private sales under the SAFE Act, obviously.
>>
>>35126624

This, and you'll also look like a autist doing so.
>>
>>35126609
What about stopping people outside of it and offering them double what the cops are paying?
>>
>>35126641
That was the idea
>>
File: 1479100109021.png (266KB, 980x742px) Image search: [Google]
1479100109021.png
266KB, 980x742px
(((SCHNEIDERMAN)))

/pol/ was right
/pol/ is always right
>>
>>35126675

The state is called Jew York for a reason.
>>
>>35126609
You can offer to buy people's guns for X times more than the police offer, but you have to go to a gunshop/FFL and do a background check for each purchase since it's a private sale.
>>
>>35126609
yea the fact that private transfers now need background checks, buying guns off people in front of cops might get you fucked.
>>
>>35126609
Schenectady fag here

they're still doing gun buy back programs?
>>
>>35126609
>100 dollars for assault weapons
I hate NY
>>
>>35126609
So would a hardware store slamfire be a shotgun or a non-working/antique to them? If I can get $50 for each section of $10 pipe and nail then I might go here lmao
>>
>>35126813
What classifies an assault weapon? If its collapsible stock and bayonet lug you should be able to make a bunch and sell them for fat dollars.
>>
>>35126837
That's where the idea of the serbu firearms gb-22 comes from, thwarting these stupid buybacks and proving they do nothing
>>
>>35126840
basically if it takes a detachable magazine, you can't have any of the following

>extending, folding stock
>pistol grip
>threaded barrel or flashhiders, muzzle breaks, etc
>bayonet lugs
>any kind of foregrip
>>
>>35126865
A simple pipe gun is way easier to make than a GB22 though, I could pump out dozens of them in an afternoon if I had enough pipe sections.
>>
>>35126840
anything scary
>>
>>35126634
you sound like an autist. normal people don't have any problem talking to one another.
>>
>>35127018
its a gun buy back place, there will be cops everywhere

you can't do private transfers without BGC's

sure, if no ones looking go ahead, but the cops WILL give a fuck
>>
>>35127031
You can offer to buy a gun off someone and tell them that you both legally need to do an NICS so you can head over to the local fun shop. If I was going to sell grandpa's old rifle to the cops for $50 and someone offered me $150 instead I'd go for it.
>>
>>35127031
NY is just fucking retarded, the amount of bullshit unenforceable laws is ridiculous
>>
>>35126837
bonus points if you throw some empty shells in them and scare the fuck out them. claim you got all of them from a deceased cousin a few years back and have never touched them since.
>>
>>35126705
Let's say the guy likes me so much that he just gives me the gun. Then as I take it from him, oops, $200 dollars just, like, falls out of my pocket. Now, I got my hands full, so I ask him to pick it up for me, but he forgets to give it back.
>>
>>35128340

It's the transfer that's controlled, it doesn't matter if it's actually a "sale" or not. You can't just give someone a gun any more than you can sell it to them.
>>
You niggas need to turn this back on them. Demand that that the person taking the gun from you needs to undergo a background check, just to keep it legal.
>>
>>35126609
The more I see these I believe they are pysops. An that any turned in will be used for "photo-op props" for after raids.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-lapd-guns-20150720-story.html
>>
>>35128393
Good lick with that. New York gun laws only apply to civilians, safe act and back ground check shit doesn't apply to the police
>>
>>35126705
>X times more than the police offer
Hell, just offer the same amount as the cops, but in cash instead of a gift card.
Offer $100 for everything so that there's no haggling about what is/isn't a "assault weapon".
>>
>tries to fuck up gun buyback and piss off police
>screws up just one little thing on the transfer/purchase, or accidentally buys back a firearm thats been modified in some way to make it an NFA/ AOW or some shit
>winds up in prison and having his guns auctioned off to pay his lawyers
>loses his 2a rights as a felon.

Ya, I think its a great idea, anon. You go for that.
>>
>>35129177
Yeah, best idea is to waste their time with some pipes and a spring to make it look like a scurry salt peestol
>>
>>35126840
>paid the gun black
>now it's worth double the original price
>>
>>35126840
I'm going to the dallor store buying squirt guns and putting bayonet lug on them
>>
>>35126609
>how many firearms can I surrender?
>surrender
>surrender those weapons goyim
>>
>>35129177
>>screws up just one little thing on the transfer/purchase, or accidentally buys back a firearm thats been modified in some way to make it an NFA/ AOW or some shit

Does that happen to you often in your gun purchasing experience?
>>
File: 1504819453263.gif (330KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
1504819453263.gif
330KB, 500x700px
>>35126609
Ahhh gun buybacks. The best shit around. We had one here in Ohio over in Cincinnati. Me and a friend piled some cash went over there and paid double in cash what the police were offering in Walmart cards. It was $50 for broken or black power, $75 for handguns and shotguns, and $100 for rifles. We got 2 Rem 870s, a Winchester 1897 (that I kept), a S&W model 36 (that my friend kept), a custom AR, a Chinese double barrel shotgun, a broken and rusted hi-power (that my friend kept as a project) like 3 hi-points, a cap-n-ball 44 (that I kept), a Glock 23 and 17, and a beat to shit Smith 4006. Everything we didn't keep was flipped on Armslist and GunBroker a week later. We weren't the only people there scalping ether. The cops running the event looked none too pleased.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.