[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you had to get one compact sized, 9mm pistol, what would you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1430.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1430.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
If you had to get one compact sized, 9mm pistol, what would you get today?

Asking because I'm replacing my SR9 soon.

Here's my outlook right now,

Glock Gen5
>Expensive, needs new sights, good aftermarket though, reliable

CZ P10C
>New, from a manufacturer I have no experience with, unsure of aftermarket

VP9
>Great features and aesthetics, not sure about reliability

Can anyone with experience with these pistols, or other ones, please shed some light on my thoughts?
>>
M&p9c is another option and I enjoy mine.
>>
>>35124992
How would you compare its reliability to a Glocks?

M&Ps are pretty inexpensive and it's always been my belief that they cut costs somewhere in the design.
>>
>>35124976
Get a gen 4. I'm a glock fanboy but I don't like the 19 gen 5. The 17 G5 is another story.
>>
>>35125001
I've had no issues with mine in about 750rnds which is no much but I would say flocks have a better record just from more users.
100,000 people saying its good is better than 10000 people saying its good.
>>
>>35125001
Ive got almost 3k rounds through my m&p9, not a single stoppage, only cleaned the barrel once. You can pick up a gen 1 on the cheap since everyone seems to be dropping them for gen 2's
>>
File: p07 YvyjSWS.jpg (888KB, 3872x2592px) Image search: [Google]
p07 YvyjSWS.jpg
888KB, 3872x2592px
>>35124976
>CZ P10C
>>New, from a manufacturer I have no experience with, unsure of aftermarket

CZ has a stellar reputation. I believe the 10c takes after market sights from the P07 series, but finding mags is a bit of a bitch right now. It takes *adjusted* P07 mags with a special relief cut in the middle of the mag. Give it a year and you should be able to find them everywhere.

Glocks are glocks, and if you get one you won't regret it, but there are better deals on the market today.

Fuck the VP9 though. Way over priced for what you get.
>>
File: 1504719908280.png (2MB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1504719908280.png
2MB, 1200x800px
>>
>>35124976

You can get the Gen 5 with Glock Night Sights or with Ameriglo fiber optic trititum sights for a little extra if you want
>>
>>35124976
Sure, how much for the sr9? I cc a sr40c.

I haven't thought about it in a while but I do want a DA compact so I was looking at CZs pretty hard. I think the Px4 sc's are still pretty chunky and I'm not crazy about Sigs at the moment. Maybe a Bersa ultra or used hk.
>>
>>35125320
I'm selling it for 300 most likely, where are you from?

I'm about to be in the eye of a hurricane so it will have to wait a bit.
>>
>>35124976
Compact?
Glock 19 Gen 4
Subcompact?
Glock 26 Gen 4
or
S&W M&P Shield
>>
>>35124976

ruger sr9c

or american compact if you want a slightly heavier gun
>>
>>35124976
>Glock Gen5
Just get a used gen 4 or gen 3, the advantages of the 5 are minimal at best and not worth the street price its at now, it the finger grooves really bother you, you can always look for a gen 2

Get a police surplus gun in 40 and just buy a 9mm barrel, you'll save money and frustration, plus the advantages of having a gun in 9mm, 40, or even 357 sig if you want is pretty neato

>CZ p10c
Good gun honestly but mags and holsters haven't caught up with it yet, hard to find stuff.

>VP9
Its the lowest quality gun that HK makes, if you've ever seen a S&W SD9ve, thats about the quality you're looking at, not awful by any means but its not meant to be a super show stopper or anything, HK literally made it to compete directly with block both in features and price (not really they still charge 100 bucks more because of their name) but just letting you know

All of them seem pretty reliable, other than the VP9 when you do stupid shit to it, the mag release is a weak point since if it drops it can fall off as well as those stupid fucking cocking wings, but you wouldn't really be going wrong with any of them. For your situation though a used Glock is probably the way to go.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.