[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just bought one of these for $170 out the door. How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: TaurusG2-12-3.jpg (309KB, 1024x833px) Image search: [Google]
TaurusG2-12-3.jpg
309KB, 1024x833px
So I just bought one of these for $170 out the door.

How badly did I fuck up?
>>
>>35124967
Just enough.
>>
You dun fucked up, you coulda had a hipoint for that money.
>>
>>35124967
Bro if you fucking went out and met people you could have bought like 3 and a half single barrel shotguns for that cost.
>>
Could have picked up a shield for about $100 more.
>>
>>35124967
Why did you do that?
>>
>>35124967
you didn't, you scored. These are great guns.
>>
>>35124967
>How badly did I fuck up?
not badly,not great, i mean it like their only semi auto aside from their berettas that can work
>>
You didn't fuck up op. 170 bucks was at one time the going rate wholesale for dealers. At 170 bucks it's worth the gamble.
>>
>>35129292
Are we just a bunch of liars now?
>>
>>35129526
Yeah I feel like if you're paying less than $200, the Millennium G2 isn't a bad deal. If something fucks up, you're not out a ton of money.

That being said I actually really like mine. The stippling and ergos are excellent. Build quality is solid. The trigger pull is a little long but the break and reset are actually pretty good. A lot of YouTube reviews have beaten the gun to hell and its held up fine
>>
>>35124967
Honestly if anyone else made them people would be praising that manufacturer for a simple 12-round thin double-stack with a built-in stiple job that is decent and even a thumb safety.

Taurus really did a great ergo job on it, i can JUST pocket-carry it in jeans (but it prints noticeably). I can say its marginally bigger than the 709 Slim (i owned that too), but more comfy.

Cons:
>lower is cheap plastic, it scuffed a bit during dissasembly with a steel punch (probably my fault)
>mag doesnt drop free
>trigger takes getting used to, it's a weird DA/SA feel but it's also a striker. May turn people off

I dont think it's a bad design. I truly think the principle is sound, but Taurus QC is, at best, shoddy.
>>
>>35124996
>coulda had a muffuggin hood gat fo' dat moni

Taurus>Hi-point glock 40
>>
>>35124967
You didn't fuck up. I bought one recently and just went to shoot it today. I shot about 150 rounds through it of steel and brass.

Did just fine. For the money it is not bad at all.
>>
>>35124967
My LGS is offering me $100 for trade-in. I may upgrade to a P2000sk for about $650 NIB (I want a gun that will outlive me and my kids). I'm not sure if I want to trade it in, since it makes a decent beater and I can practice striker-fired shooting with it, and at $100 I can just save up a bit longer and keep it as a back-up, or even just gift it to someone at that point.
>>
>>35129918
>mag doesnt drop free
You wut? Not only does it drop free, it actually ejects quite positively.
>>
>>35131224
Mine doesn't, unfortunately, and I've heard of others having the same issue on occasion. I'm not sure whats the deal. The mag release worked fine on my PT-709, but on my Millenium it just doesn't want to come out all the way. It pops about half-way, then just stops. The magazine release also has to be depressed pretty hard for it to come out, which makes me wonder if there is a spring somewhere that isn't alligned properly or is under improper tension. If it's loaded, then it sometimes will come out due to the weight. But if it is empty I generally have to give it a bit of help with either a firm shake or just yanking it out.

It isn't a critical issue, so I haven't sent it in for repair or anything, but it IS annoying that my magwell is nice and clean and I still can't get the two magazines it came with to pop out regularly. I realize this isn't how it's SUPPOSED to be, so really this comes down to a Taurus QC/manufacturing fail.
>>
>>35124967
All reports I have seen say they are solid guns.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.