[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/ I'm a gun owner, mostly Mosin rifles, a few shotguns,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 11015836_1.jpg (77KB, 1024x624px) Image search: [Google]
11015836_1.jpg
77KB, 1024x624px
Hey /k/

I'm a gun owner, mostly Mosin rifles, a few shotguns, and some 22s.

I'm looking for a proper hand gun. There is a guy looking to trade my shitbox for a Magnum 357.

Is the S&W 357 Magnum with a 6" barrel a good hand gun to have around?
Owner claims to have at least $800 in to it. Custom grips, 7 shot barrel, some other things. No pics yet.

My shitbox is worth at least 1k.

Good trade?
Good gun?
>>
File: 1501814422885.jpg (45KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1501814422885.jpg
45KB, 600x600px
>>35118819
Fuck you; elaborate. What do you plan on using the gun for? It'd be shit for concealed carry at the very least.
>>
>>35118891
>Hey i want to know if trading my gun for gun x is a good idea.
>My gun is worth $x, and the other gun has x and y on it. Good trade?
>"oh my fucking god you people need to elaborate. What do you wanna use it for? Where was it made? What was the makers middle name? How many atoms of iron are in it? Oh and giant revolvers are bad for concealed carry
Fuck you
>>
>>35118819
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95xjizDOrcc
>>
File: 1465786801037.png (79KB, 325x256px) Image search: [Google]
1465786801037.png
79KB, 325x256px
>>35119014
Yes, that information is important you fucking clod. There wasn't just one "Smith and Wesson .357", we need to know which model, the condition of the bore, the general condition of the gun. Custom grips could be really nice well made grips or homemade garbage. From your description that revolver, this could be a great trade or a shit trade. The gun could be fantastic, or a heaping pile of shit.

tldr: gib more info
>>
Your shitbox? So you are taking it up the ass for this gun?
>>
First of all, if you don't know the difference between barrel and cylinder you should probably fuck off. SECOND, I own the same gun pictured and it's pretty solid.
>>
File: omamfciqg1uiper3pdrj.jpg (48KB, 800x269px) Image search: [Google]
omamfciqg1uiper3pdrj.jpg
48KB, 800x269px
>7 shot barrel

sounds legit
>>
>>35119363
>>35119275
Sorry I mistakenly types the wrong thing.
>>
>>35119136
you're an autistic shithead
>>
>>35120521
you're a useless fuckwit if you can't even get which model of firearm it is, fuck off back to /r/guns
>>
>>35119014
See, you didn't actually tell us what "gun x" is, though. Imagine this were /o/, your question is tantamount to "Hey guys, I'm trading my Honda for a Toyota, it's a Toyota car with custom hubcaps, my Honda is worth $x, good deal?"

There just isn't enough information to make a recommendation. Here's about all I can say from the info we do have:

1. S&W's are generally a good name, nice fit and finish, they tend to command higher prices than other common revolver brands. Older tends to be better but new ones ain't bad.

2. .357 is a great round, can also shoot .38spl, and Smith .357s are a staple. A 6" barrel won't be the best for concealed carry but will be great for getting full performance out of your magnum loads.

3. If it has a seven-shot cylinder, you're almost certainly talking about a S&W 686+. You really can't "customize" the cylinder capacity trivially, so that's probably the gun. They're decent guns with a good reputation.

But the rest of the equation is missing. Is it shot to shit, is it in mint condition, does it have the Smith Performance Center upgrades, etc. At the end of the day, one way or another, I would tend to call $1k for a used 686 on the high end, customizations be damned.
>>
>>35118819
Hey OP. Does it have a pinned barrel and recessed receiver? With that said, I own the same gun in your pic and it's my favorite handgun. Extremely accurate and deadly.
>>
>>35121575
Thank you, the perfect response.
I'm still waiting on pics, and for the owner to hit me back after the initial offer.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.