[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should i a .38sw iver johnson? it can only take 38sw right

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: rigs.jpg (48KB, 640x455px) Image search: [Google]
rigs.jpg
48KB, 640x455px
Should i a .38sw iver johnson?

it can only take 38sw right or else it explodes?
>>
>>35118539
I would only shoot wad cutters if its in that condition
Don't worry, wad cutters still fuck people up
>>
>>35118547
thats not the exact one im considering
I want 38 super!!!!!
>>
>>35118547
it seems kawaii
>>
how easy is it to get 38 sw in black powder?
>>
>>35118982
Are you high
>>
>>35118982
not bp but low pressure
https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/fiocchi-38-sampw-short-lrn-145-grain-cowboy-loads-50-rounds?a=1585128
>>
>>35119526
respond to me
>>
>>35118539
that depends. is it a .32sw or .38sw. easy to confuse imo..

saying it is a .38sw and this is the gun you are considering, yes it can safely fire modern .38sw loads. the can be bought from PPU and are not that hard to find.
some Iver Johnsons are not made to shoot more modern loads and can only handle black powder or will blow up. there are two ways of identifying these. the first being dating the gun or taking it to a gun smith. the second, would be (assuming those are the original and I assume the are) looking at the owl head. if it is facing the butt of the gun, it is newer and safe. if it is facing the cylinder, then beware of smokeless powder.

I dont know a ton on Ivers, but this gun would be a good deal for anything less than $150 if he throws the ammo in. $125 if not. at least that is what I would top out at.
If you are still concerned about firing it, just have a friend that you dont like fire it first.
Good Luck OP
>>
>>35119653
is 38SW cheap and easy to find? good self defense round?
looking for a cheap ,reliable, carry gun for the time being you know

and even on the newer ones its only 38sw no 38 special or 38 super or any other 38 related round?

also are you kawaii
>>
>>35119751
how the fuck did you fuck up cookies so bad?
>>
>>35119652
ok
https://www.buffaloarms.com/38-s-w-black-powder-ammo-358-150-grain-rn-hollow-base-bullet-this-is-not-38-special-box-of-50-amo38swb
>>
>>35118547
>wad cutters still fuck people up

I thought they were just for paper targets
>>
You guys are making me feel old

Back in the days of usenet, dude named Clark Magnuson used to post about deliberately kabooming old revolvers like this "to demonstrate how safe they are".

Google Groups archived all the old usenet posts so his stupidity will live on forever
>>
>>35119454
yes
>>35119526
my buddys gun is an iver johnson model 1900. im pretty sure it only rated for BP but im not 100% sure
>>
>>35121040
cowboy loads are meant for antique back powder weapons.
>>
>iver johnson
>in that condition
I wouldn't shoot it at all if I were you
>>
>>35121961
holy shit how stupid are you
>>
>>35122000
they were cheap shit guns even when they were new, and the ones you find now are almost all in awful condition. plus the top break action is inherently weak.
>>
>>35122012
holy shit are you this dumb
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.