[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>finally find out that i can shoot guns in my freedomless

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 1448842005385.jpg (17KB, 385x387px) Image search: [Google]
1448842005385.jpg
17KB, 385x387px
>finally find out that i can shoot guns in my freedomless country if i join a club
>join historical shooting club
>borrow some swedish mauser from the club
>cant hit shit

how do you get good at this?
>>
>>35118217
Did you not bother to ask around at the club?
>>
>>35118217
1. Get training (watch YouTube videos of nothing else)
2. Start close, increase distance
3. Zero the weapon
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (88KB, 1000x174px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
88KB, 1000x174px
>>35118276
The range the club uses is for 200 meters. I couldn't even hold the rifle steady(it was a lot heavier than i expected) and i wasn't even sure how exactly the iron sights were supposed to line up. This was the first time i even held a gun let alone fired it.
>>
>>35118217
By working on your fundamentals of marksmenship, ideally not with full power rifle cartridges.
>>
Everyone sucks their first time out. You have to keep doing it over and over again; special forces and competition shooters only get really good after thousands of rounds, downrange, over the course of months and years.

Not that you'll have to shoot that many to hit a paper target at shooting club distance. The point is it's proper training, mixed with rote rehearsal.

Go back out there, take it slow, line up the sights, shoot with an instructor or buddy to see where your actually hitting. Readjust, and go from there.

Marksmanship is a lot like golf. Looks simple when the pros do it, but it's not. It's all about how you're holding the thing, how you're squeezing the trigger; lots of shit. Don't get discouraged
>>
>>35118322
First, learn how to align the sights properly, it's not hard. Second, the shooting fundamentals. Breathe in, breathe out, after you breathe out you squeeze the trigger, don't jerk it. Also, don't hold your breath, that's stupid call of duty bullshit. When you squeeze the trigger, don't let go immediately, that could move the gun unnecessary, let go of the trigger after the shot is fired. Repeat the process, breath in, breathe out, pull, release. This is the basic fundamentals taught by the United States Marines Corps, it's basic, but it works.
>>
>>35118374
>Marksmanship is a lot like golf. Looks simple when the pros do it, but it's not.
This is exactly what i thought before i tried shooting.

>>35118376
Thanks for the advice.

One of the guys there let me try his K31 Swiss which i had a bit better luck with but i only fired a few shots. They are gonna do some handgun shooting next week which i was invited to come try aswell which i'm looking forward to trying.
>>
>>35118217
>how do you get good at this?
same way you get good at anything else, dumb fuck. coaching and practice. you work at it.
>>
>>35118376
This is good advice. I'll add that breathing causes the weapon to wobble with the motion of your breathing. After a smooth natural exhale, wherever the weapon is is called your natural point of aim. That's when you fire.

You also slowly inch the trigger slowly while adjusting your natural point of aim. Your shot should almost surprise you, until you know your weapon well.
>>
>>35118322

> Heavy

Are you not permitted to be prone or sitting at a bench or sandbag rest?
>>
>>35118217
Practice with airguns in your back garden
>>
>>35118560
I started out standing then i went prone. I think i'll just stick to prone next time.
>>
>>35118592

Standing would be the most difficult position, especially as a new shooter at such a distance.

Not impossible by any means, but most difficult.

Prone or bench or rest would allow you to focus more on aiming.
>>
File: 1474006525417.jpg (48KB, 399x400px) Image search: [Google]
1474006525417.jpg
48KB, 399x400px
Thanks for the advice /k/. I appreciate it.
>>
>>35118322
200 meters only?
My range goes from 50 to 200 yards and I can't hit shit at 200 with iron sights either (mostly because my eyes are getting bad so I can't see anything).
>>
>>35118753
Who drew a face on simo?
>>
>>35119706
Well he didn't have one to begin with
>>
>>35119187
200m is a little bit further than 200 yards too :)
>>
>>35121606
In shooting terms it's not really a big difference
>>
>>35119706
>Simo
>>
>>35121606
my dick is a bit further than ur mum fgt
>>
>>35121606
Oh wait, I misunderstood.
Believe it or not I meant "only" not to talk shit, but to ask if there were only targets at 200m or if you could put some closer.
I mean starting with a full power bolt action with iron sights offhand at 200m is one hell of a learning curve.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.