[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hello all make decent money have no wife no kids, don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: comparsion.png (155KB, 1000x488px) Image search: [Google]
comparsion.png
155KB, 1000x488px
hello all make decent money have no wife no kids, don't really spend that much expect guns and being al around prepper type
so here is the issue I like the SCAR 17S but the price is kind of turning me off, for 2/3 of that I can buy a PTR and dress it up the way I want with collapsible stock and box of 36 mags and nice optic. the problem is with the SCAR 17S is not only that price but the fact they seem to come in in batches and by the time i save the money one may not be available for a long time.

P.S. aim-point comp 4 for an optic on the ptr 91 a good idea or nyet?
>>
>>35116946
SCAR if you have dignity, PTR if poorfag.
>>
>>35116946
>I like the SCAR 17S but the price is kind of turning me off
if you make "decent" money with no real expenditures, 2800 USD isn't a large sum.

Suck it up and buy it.
>>
The one thing the PTR will have over the SCAR (for you since you mention prepping) is that it's easier to stockpile parts and mags for the PTR
>>
>>35116946
You could probably spend a little bit more money than the ptr and buy a nice 308 ar that out performs both
>>
>>35116946
Good: PTR91
Better: FAL
Best: SCAR

They all fill the same role as a semi auto .308 rifle. Just depends on how much you care to spend. Don't miss a rent payment to buy guns. I try to limit my spend to 10% of my post-tax income. I keep a ledger of $x/week for gun purchases, and draw on it for ammo, range fees, guns, mags, etc.
>>
File: 100_0212.jpg (3MB, 2909x4421px) Image search: [Google]
100_0212.jpg
3MB, 2909x4421px
>>35117036
Not really
>>
>>35117036
lol I have a high dollar AR (3K) and it doesn't outperform my 17S.
>>
File: image.jpg (726KB, 1774x1774px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
726KB, 1774x1774px
If you can afford a SCAR, you will regret buying a PTR. Put on a fresh pair of panties and buy a SCAR. It's expensive, but despite what the poor say, its features are worth the price (though it's about $800 over priced)
>>
>>35116946
Anyone here have a 18" DSA FAL? How's it treating you? Vaguely considering draining 3/5 of my bank account for one.
>>
>>35117036
looked at AR's was not happy with what I saw. too many custom jobs and one offs
>>
>>35117074
The GAP 10, LMT MWS, and KAC SR-25 are the best AR-10s. But at those prices, you might as well get a SCAR 17.
>>
>>35117073
My cousin loves his. Would you shoot it regularly at > 300 yards? Hunt? Put on short shorts and jerk off in Rhodwsia threads? If yes to any of these, do it. If not, maybe not worth putting yourself at risk if you need a car repair or some other life event.
>>
Quit being a pussy and buy the SCAR.
>>
>>35117117
GAP10 isn't a field rifle. Tolerances are way too tight. I never shot an mws, but I got rid of my sr25 because it had significant ammo sensitivity problems.
>>
>>35117152
Yes to all of these things. I'm hoping to shoot a friend's friend's sometime soon.. Hoping me showing up in camo short-shorts isn't too off putting.
>>
>>35117208
I shoot everything from weak m80 to hot rodded 175s through my MWS.
>>
>>35117038
>SR-25
fal be nice but magazines for said rifle are nonexistent at least I know where i can get mags for the the two
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.