[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are combat holes the best place to be in the field when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: James_Yeager3.jpg (31KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
James_Yeager3.jpg
31KB, 400x300px
Are combat holes the best place to be in the field when theres no hard cover?
>>
>>35112935
>combat holes
>>
>>35112935
Your mom's a combat hole.
>>
File: G3 blush.jpg (86KB, 686x678px) Image search: [Google]
G3 blush.jpg
86KB, 686x678px
My combat hole is ready
>>
File: pet niguana.jpg (34KB, 650x615px) Image search: [Google]
pet niguana.jpg
34KB, 650x615px
>>35112935
op is a fag
>>
>>35112935
his after action report is hilarious. Reads like it was written by a 4th grader trying to pass off blame on everyone else.
>>
>>35112935
Yes, it's just that fags are trying to find any reason to rip on him. "you shouldn't have gotten cover and fired back, you should have fixed your bayonet and charged at the enemy instead!"
>>
>>35113196
Nah. It's because of his pure incompetence under pressure.
>muh foot was tired so I leg go of my clutch to relax in this danger zone
>i forgot how to drive a manual car but remembered just when i was flopping out the door
>my car was the only one that didn't get disabled haha whoops
>I'm just gonna hide in this ditch and not put down any fire because nobody told me where to shoot :( not even when it was clearing up and we could press the advantage to drive them off
>>
>>35112935
>>35113114
>>35113240
What is this from? I'm looking for a laff.
>>
>>35113283
https://www.defensereview.com/stories/biap/Yeager%20Incident%20Report%20BIAP%204.20.2005.pdf
>>
>>35113240
I haven't watched the video in years. I thought he did put down cover fire... he just wasn't shooting in any direction worth a fuck?
>>
>>35113196
"If I had been there, that cop wouldn't have arrested that nurse"
>>
>>35113319
He fired in approximately the direction he thought the fire was coming from, but he didn't know precisely where that was. He described it in one interview as "If I can't make hits, I can at least make noise." If I remember correctly, he did at least toss a smoke grenade.
>>
>>35113319
He magdumped and ran for the ditch. Supposedly he put a few stray shots from there. Total he put like 1 or 2 magazines worth, not nearly as much as everyone else.
>>
>>35112935
Defilade is best cover. Beautiful mother Earth
>>
>>35113301
also from the separate Edinburgh Risk after action report

>James Yeager in accordance with the team SOP attempted to break contact in the opening stages of the contact yet fire superiority and or suppression had at that time not been established.
>Ian Harris and Mark Collen, each under heavy enemy fire, were the only two individuals during the contact who attempted to suppress enemy forces.
>Simon Merry was continuing to try to maneuver his vehicle to a position of support to vehicle one and then two whilst Al Johnson was busily treating multiple casualties at his location with vehicle three.
>James Yeager was in a location at the median where he could not engage enemy forces as he did not have a line of fire from his location.

I mean cover is nice and good, but cover with line of sight where you can return effective fire is better. Yeager should have recognized this and relocated somewhere with cover and line of sight instead of letting the rest of the team do all the work.
>>
>>35113464
It makes sense
Why even pop smoke if you're not gonna move after you do?
What kind of radio did they have?
They could have told him where and when he could have moved and where it was coming from
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.