[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is my best option for shooting glasses if i already

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: daisy-shooting-glasses-4.jpg (126KB, 611x247px) Image search: [Google]
daisy-shooting-glasses-4.jpg
126KB, 611x247px
What is my best option for shooting glasses if i already wear prescription?
>>
>>35107583
You can get prescription inserts for shooting glasses. Also I'd recommend Revision Sawflys.
>>
>>35107583
Wearing your regular glasses or getting a pair of Wiley Xs with your prescription. Wish I never lost mine.
>>
I dont wear glasses but ive always wondered, is it s good idea to wear regular glasses for eye pro at the range? It seems like it wouldnprotect ok but in the case of something pretty bad, wouldnt they shatter?
>>
>>35107612
They work for 99.99% of the failures you might encounter. Only in a catastrophic failure would regular glasses break (many safety glasses may fail as well). For things like shaving lead or a pierced primer, they function fine as safety glasses.
>>
>>35107583
>>35107612
Here is a good article that will give you enough info to make an informed decision.

http://www.luckygunner.com/labs/eye-protection-shooting-glasses-review/

To sum it up, buy some ballistic rated safety glasses. They will be able to take prescription inserts to let you see normal.
>>
>>35107612
Unless you expect to be shot in the eye by birdshot, you should be fine.
>>
There are over rx glasses that look goofy, but are cheap.

I usually wear just my glasses (which are big ass nerd glasses) unless I'm testing new handloads are shooting an older gun with questionable reliability.
>>
File: IMG_5568.jpg (20KB, 353x280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5568.jpg
20KB, 353x280px
>>35107583
Poorfag edition protection with glasses.
>>
I just ordered some sunglasses last week that are ansi z87+ rated. gonna use them for shootin'. was only like $250.
>>
>>35107598
Damn, those look great. Might get some of those in the future.
I'm >>35108108 and got the z87.1 shit as an upgrade to sunglasses I was going to buy anyway. The Sawfly polarized deluxe kit for $170 + $110 for Rx lenses would be an awesome price and usable indoors, too.
>>
>>35108024
Look like stereotypical "engineer under the deck" goggles. Where to get?
>>
>>35107583
>eyepro for shooting at paper
Excuse me what
>>
>>35108474
>"I've never heard of extreme malfunctions" the post
>>
Get some 3m z87+ rated saftey prescription glasses.
>>
>>35108461
Most hardware/stores that sell welding gear should carry them. Harbor Freight has em. My dad had a pair and when I was like 6 I used to love them for some reason.
>>
>>35108203
Check eBay for deals on Revision and ESS stuff, a lot of it is surplused by the military and you can get brand new glasses/goggles for less than $40 shipped usually. I copped some Desert Locusts for $18 and Sawflys for $15.
>>
>>35107583
I ordered a few pairs of these and like them.

Super cheap, MIL PRF-3101 rated, and fit well over glasses.

https://www.safetyglassesusa.com/elvex-ovr-spec-ii-safety-glasses-with-translucent-frame-and-clear-lens/
>>
What's the point of the yellow tint?
>>
>>35109401
I think it helps you see better indoors or something, higher contrast? Idk man it always hurt my eyes when I used yellow goggle lenses.
>>
>>35109311
The difficulty with ebay listings is trying to figure out which are fake and are legitimate.
>>
File: 98-wallpaper2082.jpg (641KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
98-wallpaper2082.jpg
641KB, 1920x1200px
>>35108461
Amazon and what >>35108461 said. They kinda look familiar.
>>
>>35109534
Oops, meant to refer to what >>35109299 said.
>>
>>35107612
youd be fine but you do have a higher risk of scratches id only do it with glasses you dont care about
>>
>>35109432
Let’s break down your shooting glasses lens color options:

Yellow/Orange Lenses: Yellow and orange tinted safety glasses, tend to block out “blue light,” such as the diffused haze on a cloudy day, but bring out the orange color of a practice target. These colors tend to create a more detailed line of vision, helping you to better perceive depth, and thus improve accuracy.

Amber Lenses: Amber lenses are a very popular lens color. They also block blue-light and work best in low light, cloudy days. The amber tint creates an excellent contrast between colors, helping the orange of the target stand out to you, even on those dreary days.

Purple/Blue Lenses: If you’re at a shooting range with a backdrop of beautiful trees around you, you’ll want the help of a purple or blue lens tint. These colors contribute to improving contrast, particularly against greens (trees/grass) and oranges (the target), keeping your eyes focused on the target, and only the target.

Brown Lenses: Some hunters and target shooters prefer brown lenses, as they call attention to orange colored targets. They work best in fields or other open areas, and particularly in bright sunlight. Many hunters find brown lenses are “soothing” and reduce eye strain, which helps keep them alert.

Gray Lenses: Gray is the “all around” color. Gray lenses reduce the amount of light around you, allowing you to see a balanced tone of color. It’s ideal for bright conditions and helps you get a level sense of contrast and depth.
>>
I buy these for $3 a pop at my local construction supply house. I honestly prefer these over my Oakley's, because I'm not afraid to fuck em up. I've had one pair last maybe 2 years doing absolutely everything with them (welding, weed whacking, grinding, shooting, fishing, /out/, you name it). They'll take a hot supper, and they won't let you down.

Nemesis makes the best safety glasses around. Plus they've even got "cheater" models with a limited selection of prescriptions and bifocals.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.