[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone encountered the new 7.62x39 Ruger American Ranch yet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3084.jpg (115KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3084.jpg
115KB, 960x540px
Has anyone encountered the new 7.62x39 Ruger American Ranch yet? If so any thoughts? How does it chew Tula and Wolf?
>>
I'm curious too. My American in .223 hates any steel case.
>>
Shit.....I might have to pick one of those up. I had a RAR in .223 and liked it (sold it before I moved) and I really want another bolt gun because they are fucking fun as shit, but don't want to pay out the ass for ammo (.308 and .30-06)

This would be perfect for me.
>>
File: 1499584628676.jpg (125KB, 472x472px) Image search: [Google]
1499584628676.jpg
125KB, 472x472px
It's a bolt action, so it will literally eat anything you put through it. At worst you might get a faulty steel casing that splits and gets stuck in the chamber.
>>
File: 1500868041074.png (595KB, 600x597px) Image search: [Google]
1500868041074.png
595KB, 600x597px
>>35107089
>>
>>35106980
Would own one by now if it came with iron sights.
>>
>>35106980
>How does it chew Tula and Wolf?
It's a bolt action. Who cares?
>>
>>35107110
>Would own one by now if it came with iron sights.

THIS! I cannot stress this shit enough. I wouldn't buy a 5.56 or 7.62 X39 rifle for precision shooting at a bench, that's what .308 is for. I'd buy it for casual shooting with something that makes a louder bang than a .22.

I personally think every, or at least most bolt guns should come with irons, so you can learn the rifle before you decide what kind of optic to put on it.

Yeah I know you can throw a $99 red dot on it and get similar results but that's lame I want irons.
>>
>>35107166
Preach. Irons are fun.
>>
>>35107119
See >>35106999
RAR have been known to not like steel but it seems with the 7.62x39 one of the selling points is that it doesn't have that problem
>>
>>35107110
>>35107166
You guys should send some feedback to Ruger on this. IIRC, their site actually has a "leave a message for the CEO" feature.
>>
>>35108636
It is interesting that one of the big complaints that people sent in to Ruger about the American Ranch is that the 225/5.56 and 300 blackout rifles took those cheesy dive round polymer mag when Ruger should have used the Mini 14 proprietary magazines that they make already (I know a lot of people say AR mags but besides the difficulty of using them in a bolt action like the Mossberg there is also the fact that Ruger likes their proprietary mags)- and now the 7.62x39 RAR uses Mini thirty mags. They definitely listened.
>>
>>35108881
I think it also had to do with the varying nature of AK mags. They're all similar, but often vary slightly in dimensions between manufacturer, country, model, etc. Mini-30 mags don't.
But would you believe people are bitching about Ruger using the Mini30 mags for this rifle?

>>"waaaaaaaaaaaaaa why doesn't it take AK mags Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

I am waiting to see how it shakes out. I originally wanted to get a CZ in 7.62x39, but the mag capacity was lacking so I decided against it. If Ruger's offering has similar accuracy, then I'm willing to pay a gunsmith to mount some quality iron sights. Or maybe I'll just get a scout scope instead. For me at least this might actually be a better scout rifle than their ACTUAL gunsite scout rifle. There's nothing in the SE that 7.62x39 won't kill, and the higher mag capacities would make it a more viable option for social work.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.