[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>J-20 >supposed to use Russian engines for the first batch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: chengdu-j-20_web.jpg (226KB, 2200x1080px) Image search: [Google]
chengdu-j-20_web.jpg
226KB, 2200x1080px
>J-20
>supposed to use Russian engines for the first batch
>Russia increases prices from 3 to 5 millions
>can't produce enough engines anyway
>China just decides to use improved WS-10 engines in the same powerclass of the 117S

It this another coffin nail for the Russian aerospace industry?
>>
>>35106448
How much longer till China starts undercutting Russia on all the aircraft sales to African and middle eastern nations?
>>
>>35106688
Would always go Russian over chinese
Even if it was only for aircraft that look gorgeous on tarmac
>>
>>35107137
That's what people were saying about phones for a while. Now Huawei has overtaken Apple as the world’s second-biggest smartphone maker by sales.
>>
>>35106448
china already was planning to use ws since forever
the only reason they tested the russian engines was for compartibility tests
>>
>>35108438
Russian engines are still superior, which is pretty sad because Russian engines suck already pretty hard compared to western engines.
>>
>>35108468
thats not really the point
they are superior indeed but they do giveaway a big ass heat signature
there were rumors here and there from people involved on the old militaryphotos site that the russians wanted to test a new type of engine based on the cooling system of the rocket engines basicly using the fuel as a coolant and having an efficiency up to 90% almost

i can only assume that either it failed horribly or they might showcase it in the future
>>
>>35108500
That isn't really workable.

The limit to a jet's operating temperature is what the blades in the turbine can take. Liquid cooling isn't really workable for them.

Cooling nozzles with fuel uses cryogenic fuel. Jets don't use cryogenic fuel.

>>35106688
Not too long. Nobody trust either's support but China is getting better and Russia is getting worse.
>>
>>35106688
China's air force absorbs everything the industry can produce right now. And it will stay this way for some time.
>>
>>35108601
well they literally hacked DoD some years ago stealing lots of shit according to them

>>35108573
that is why i said similiar not identical
>>
>>35108020
its just a count of sales pf phones sold. huawei makes more lower end models not competitive high end models to compete with apple, hence sales boost and huawie is subsidised. most profits still go to apple. and its temporary until iphone8 comes out.
>>
>>35108020
By selling trash phones to retarded third worlders not by being bought by actual humans
>>
>>35108573
well they already pump air through the turbine blades..

Also pulse detonation engines are best.
>>
File: 1243124321433245.jpg (50KB, 351x468px) Image search: [Google]
1243124321433245.jpg
50KB, 351x468px
>>
>>35108020
>Toyota has now overtaken Bentley in total sales of cars
>>
>>35109034
>not competitive
>taking market share

These two sentences don't go together.
>>
>>35106448
So it's shit, as we all expected.
>>
>>35109169
>Bentley is owned by VW
>VW sells more cars on the planet than anyone

Bad analogy.
>>
File: LF-A-beauty.jpg (97KB, 1024x770px) Image search: [Google]
LF-A-beauty.jpg
97KB, 1024x770px
>>35109169
Except that Toyota is capable of tremendous things. They are a technological leader and all of that. Bentley still makes unibody cars out of steel.

>>35109223
I could be wrong but I thing Toyota retook the position.

Sorry, my /o/ side was reeeeeing at you two.
>>
>>35109333
VW was #1 in 2016. Too early to claim a winner this year so far.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.