[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

would a group of hunters who are regular hikers, know the area

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: nikonscopes2.jpg (41KB, 620x347px) Image search: [Google]
nikonscopes2.jpg
41KB, 620x347px
would a group of hunters who are regular hikers, know the area well and are good at shooting long range and have good camo skills be affective against a invading soilders?
>>
>>35101080
Some bumblefuck who's only ever taken photos of his AR for Instagram would halt soldiers.
>take incoming
>shut down for an hour trying to figure shit out
EZ PZ
>>
Well considering it would be alphabet agencies doing the door to door raids and considering the people fighting back would mostly be veterans using civilian gear and military training in basically their back yards yeah I'd say the invading force would literally have it's shit pushed in assuming we don't start getting into air support/terrain advantages.
>>
>>35101080
If we are talking about people like Cameron Hanes, absolutely. They literally run for 20 miles up the side of a mountain with a full pack on their back, chase down elk, shoot them, butcher them, and then pack them down the entire mountain. They have the abilities to do it.

Bubba with a shotgun and 6 pack of busch does not.
>>
>>35101186
Pffffft ha ha ha ha. This is hwat Cletus T. Bumblefocker actually believes. Notice now that even rural police has APCs. A cordon and cheetos withdrawal syndrome are all that is needed to get your WolVeRinEs to surrender.
>>
>>35101237
>APCs can climb mountains
Really boggles my boggles
>>
>>35101237
Your neighbors and (real) American neighbors aren't going to spark a civil war by going door to door and doing tyrannical shit. You can certainly bet your ass the military isn't gonna do it. It'll be invading troops (very unlikely) or federal government ABC agencies. They will be unprepared and understaffed and under equipped. They won't know the terrain besides what topo maps tell them.

If you take 50 dudes and put them in random woods Alabama and take 10-15 "militia" guys from the area and have them square off, guess who's gonna win? I mean look at any guerilla war since Vietnam. You take out the air support (since the air force isn't gonna fight American citizens) leaving them at most with helicopters, they'll be signing a death Warrant.

I'm sorry you think all hunters are American hating Communists like you, but sadly it's not the case.

Bait/10. Here's your (you)
>>
File: 2343252312.jpg (88KB, 640x640px)
2343252312.jpg
88KB, 640x640px
>>35101080
Yes they could stop trained soldiers. Did you knuckleheads all forget how our founding fathers fought as woodsmen against the Redcoats? They founded modern guerrilla warfare.
>>
>>35101366
In Vietnam alot of them still died, it was more of the north not honoring a treaty. Guerrilla is good if your people are with you and the invaders don't commit genocide
>>
rice farmers > hunters who know the area well and are good at shooting long range with good camo skills
>>
>>35101606
US conscripts were majority non hunters anon......
>>
File: image.jpg (283KB, 513x500px)
image.jpg
283KB, 513x500px
>>35101606
Really?
>>
>>35101080
For a while. The hardest part isn't the resistance, though. Attacking and running away, then attacking again is easy. It's the reprisals that quell armed rebellion.
>>
File: 1486253639075.jpg (71KB, 576x1024px)
1486253639075.jpg
71KB, 576x1024px
>>35101606
Are you implying that the average US serviceman during the Vietnam war knew the area of Vietnam he was stationed in as well as if he'd grown up there, and was both an avid hunter and marksman? I must be misinterpreting your post, you can't be that stupid
>>
File: 1487005595963.jpg (1MB, 1711x1300px)
1487005595963.jpg
1MB, 1711x1300px
>>35101606
The USA won the Vietnam war militarily. Sure it was at a great cost, with how many people died and with what kind of scene it created in the US. But do remember when the re-unification of Vietnam occurred. It wasn't under Nixon, it was under the Democratic congress that chose to ignore the Paris agreement that both Vietnams signed.

USA was meant to replenish every South Vietnamese loss. One lost tank, one new tank. One lost plane, one new plane. This was not respected, and Vietnam was left on their own while the USA decided to distance themselves and retreat.

It was a political defeat. Not a military one.
>>
>>35102842
A loss is a loss. Just take the hit and move on.
>>
>>35101080

if they used guerrilla warfare yes, since using guerrilla warfare some random retard who's never fired a rifle before can give a military a huge rustling if he has good orders
>>
>>35105387
>>
>>35101080
Guerilla warfare works, would need some sort of leadership to be effective though, and a lot of motivation once people start dying.
>>
>>35101404
That was air support's doing, not the GI.
>>
>>35101080
>lives in San Diego most of life
>boy scout
>hiker
>backpacker
>know Cleveland national forest like back of hand
>Navy Seals do land nav exercise in forest
>3 seals lost for days
>search party and eventual heli vac by fire fighters

Yeah I'd say we'd fuck an invading force up. Just based on familiarity with our environment and the ability to embed.
>>
>>35107505
that's what i was thinking

send in some hunters that know the forrest

they run in shoot from far away then run away before they reaction

rinse and repeat
>>
>>35109635
Not to mention local knowledge not on maps. Abandoned mines on private property etc.
What seasons water is reliable.

I'd love to see a north korean trained in mountain warfare step into my Anza Borrego.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.