[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I carry my grandad's Browning BDA 380 or should I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

File: 400px-BrowningBDA380.jpg (31KB, 400x287px) Image search: [Google]
400px-BrowningBDA380.jpg
31KB, 400x287px
Should I carry my grandad's Browning BDA 380 or should I buy a modern handgun that I won't care about damaging or losing in the case that I use it in self-defense? I'd hate to see anything happen to a family heirloom but it's just such a sweet weapon that I want to carry it.
>>
File: 1500832050260.jpg (68KB, 680x671px) Image search: [Google]
1500832050260.jpg
68KB, 680x671px
Life is short, Anon. Carry carry carry
>>
Leave it at home. Carrying wears on guns, and you can guarantee that the police will either misplace it or electropencil an evidence number on it if you ever actually use it in self-defense.
>>
>>35100863
Yes it is, which is why three generations of my family have now owned the weapon. I'd like to make it four.

>>35100881
The LGS owner said I'd mess up the finish if I carried it. I know he wants to sell guns, but he's probably right.
>>
File: SCYCPX2TTDE.jpg (113KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
SCYCPX2TTDE.jpg
113KB, 800x800px
Daily carry in a holster will ruin the finish. A sccy is a much better and great for poorfags
>>
>>35100850
Use it as a barbecue gun
>>
>>35100850

Make it your sunday / fancy carry gun.

but as >>35100863 said, life is short. Be proficient with this gun, and CCW your way through life.
>>
>>35100850
I'd recommend what these anon said
>>35100996
>>35101008
Make it a Fancy day gun, like an anniversary, or a Sunday barbeque carry, or something like that. Wear it when the situation calls for a classier/heirloom piece, as opposed to straight self defence.
>Carry it to a wedding
>versus carrying a different gun when you're driving home from work on a bleak Tuesday evening.
>>
Your grandpa's spirit will protect you better than a soul-less gun would.
>>
I used to pack my granddad's nickel plated Colt SAA w/4" barrel, he was a judge so he had guns stashed everywhere
>>
>>35101043
I think I will carry it. If I bought a gun that my grandson used to defend himself or his family, that would make it worth some wear and tear. After all, it's just an object, might as well is it for it's intended purpose
>>
File: You.jpg (52KB, 600x535px) Image search: [Google]
You.jpg
52KB, 600x535px
>>35100989
Legends bespeak a process lost to time but not forgotten in the halls of men. These tales, spoken in hushed tones, give name to this process:
>Refinishing.
Also
>Recommending SCCY
You are a trash, put yourself in the trash.
>>
If you absolutely can't stand the thought of it rusting away in an evidence locker, or getting "accidentally destroyed" right into some pig's private collection, then do not use it as a carry/hd gun. Only use a gun for defense that you could stand never seeing again.
>>
File: Spurdo L. Jackson.jpg (32KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Spurdo L. Jackson.jpg
32KB, 600x400px
>>35100957
If you are not thinking with your benis, the cops will only confiscate for like a month. Maybe a few years if there's a trial. Also
>90% of people will never have to shoot a fine, upstanding Basketball American, anyway
How many times did your paperino's shoot this thing in anger? Probably never. Don't be a spazz.
>>
>>35102686
>t. Antifa
Memeiest response yet.
>>
>>35102686

Who says you gotta call the police? Sprinkle some crack on him and scram.
>>
>>35102701
Imagine if 10% of people did have to shoot upstanding basketball-americans.
>>
It's a .380 of irreplaceable sentimental worth. .380s generally suck for self defense use and there are 9s that are lighter, more concealable and you won't give a shit if you put a scratch into them.

Carrying a gun for self defense isn't about nostalgia or cool. Get a modern gun you don't care about and shoot it until it breaks. Then get another one.

Keep your heirloom in a display case along with other sacred relics. Take it to the range once in a while or carry it around the house, but don't EDC it. Carry guns get beaten up. You'll eventually fuck it up and regret it.

Ask me how I know.
>>
>>35103279
not op but do tell anon
>>
>>35103319
He obviously carried something he cared about and fucked it up.
>>
>>35103279
380 isn't a 45 but go ahead and shoot someone with it. Ask them if they think it sucks
>>
>>35101040
This, sometimes I want to carry a 1903 in a leather shoulder holster while wearing a vest, pocket watch and sleeve cuffs.
>>
>>35103279
Ok- let's hear it:
>>
>>35100850

Obviously get something else to carry, for reasons already listed in this thread. Carry it, and you risk losing it or having it fucked up even if you do everything right.
>>
>>35100850
Designate the heirloom as your bedside stand gun and get a modern .380 to carry around.
>>
>>35103798
Smith M39 belonging to the waifu's father. He died at age 47. Being a southpaw, he bought the 39 while in Vietnam where he served as an MP.

It was one of her few heirlooms from her father. I carried it for a while.

I was in a nogunz situation and had to leave it in the car. Stolen. I felt so horrible I never told her but panic bought another one a friend had so she didn't notice.

It was eventually recovered in a drug raid. I don't want to talk about its condition. She thinks the "new" 39 is her Dad's and the wreck is a parts gun. Since I'm anon I can tell the story here, but very few people know it.

Makes me sick every time I think about it.
>>
>>35103929
Must have really been shit if the cops gave it back to you.
>>
>>35102598
Doesn't carry.
>>
>>35100850

almost 100% chance that the police will take your gun after you get involved in some shooting incident
>>
File: 1499822942126.png (1002KB, 1280x846px) Image search: [Google]
1499822942126.png
1002KB, 1280x846px
>>35101328
I agree, plus putting your own wear on the gun makes it more valuable as an heirloom. 4 generations of owners and users. It's not a safe queen, it's a familial work gun. Sounds awesome!
>>
Just make sure it has a firing pin block, a lot of those older guns aren't drop safe. There was an incident where a well respected and talented trainer was carrying some ancient .32 around the house. It fell out of his holster and fired a projectile into his gut. He died shortly thereafter.

I'd recommend carrying a modern gun honestly, but there is a certain charm to the oldies
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.