[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Home security thread? >not having a CCTV system so you can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

Home security thread?

>not having a CCTV system so you can view scum fleecing your property and act accordingly
>not having an alarm to wake you up should someone force a lock or slip through a door you forgot to bolt
>not having remote floodlights to blind cunts so they can't see you approaching them from your home

The first line of defence should always be visible deterrence.
The second line of defence is always good intelligence...

>be me
>computer pings because it's detected motion
>see some upstanding gentlemen crouching in the bushes at the back of my yard (high as fuck since they're rose bushes and must've been stinging him to fuck)
>clearly thinks he's invisible, actually illuminated by IR like fucking daylight
>walk out to "meet him"
>still thinks I have no idea until I get within about 2m and tell him to fuck off or get fucked
>rustles and bolts back through the gate which was kindly left unlocked by family earlier in the day
>possibly avoided a home invasion attempt or just him stealing my bike.
>>
>>35100522
Also inb4 muh dog, a dog can be poisoned, sleeping or just not give a fuck.
>>
I live in a third floor walkup apartment next to some middle class suburbs.

It just isn't worth breaking into my house, both because it's physically harder to get in and out, and because the person who lives there is obviously poorer than his neighbors.

Get better at being poor.
>>
It probably cost sub $1000 for the whole set up, the reduction in house insurance costs paid that back in like, 2 years.

He was clearly unarmed - I wouldn't do such a thing ATF, I promise!
>>
>>35100529
You don't need a dog, just a dog bowl in the porch.
>>
File: Confetti self defense.png (70KB, 653x528px) Image search: [Google]
Confetti self defense.png
70KB, 653x528px
>>35102805
Yea sure. And you only need the sound of a shotgun cocking from your phone to scare intruders into running.
>>
>>35100602
Did you install the hardware yourself? Lemme get some links. Would love to camera up my house.
>>
>>35100522
Your security thread is like baby

Security thread is like this
>>>/diy/1221096
>>
>>35103569
>Not taking notes from Home Alone where you crank the volume of a gun shootout scene
>>
All the security companies in my local area are run by idiots. Should I start my own?
>>
>>35104544
IPcamtalk and diynot is pretty good, thesecurityinstaller is a Brit site but pretty solid too.

>>35106476
Yes.
>>
>have alarm system that came with house, ADT
>supposedly, according to the contract, the alarm is monitored by the police
>window gets knocked out by rogue tree branch during bad wind storm when I'm not home
>get home, alarm going crazy, nothing's missing
>call ADT and be like WTF why didn't anybody notify me my alarm's been going off for like 5 hours
>"oh, our bad"
>hey what happened to "goes straight to the police"?
>oh it doesn't actually do that
>orly? Contract very clearly says it's supposed to, I've been paying a $15 premium every month for 5 fucking years for it to
>"oh, we'll refund that.."
>yeah you better, fuckers
Still took them like an additional 4 months and the threat of a lawsuit to get the refund, and once that was settled I canceled the contract because they're fucking worthless.
>>
>>35106996
Try Frontpoint
>Accidentally leave front door unlocked
>Set alarm
>Leave house
>Front door gets blown open by wind
>Get call from Frontpoint saying that the front door is open and the alarm is going off
>They send the police to check it out while I head home
>>
>>35107041
Might have to look into that. Right now I just have the hardware's audible alarm.

Hopefully they service my area.
>>
>>35100522
Do nocturnal animals not trigger the motion alarm as well? Must be maddening to hear the ping, get ready to fuck shit up only to realize it was a raccoon 99% of the time. How do you deal with that?
>>
>>35107296
Remove Coon
>>
> big doggos

>Old junker truck that doesn't work sitting around house

>Security cameras

>striker plates/hinges on doors

>flood lights

If that ain't enough to deter then by all means, come on in for a meet and greet.
>>
>>35107742
What is the truck for?
>>
I work for a security monitor service. I wouldn't drop a dime on this worthless shit. If you want something reliable and not pants on head retarded expensive, do it yourself.
>>
>>35107934
You rig it with traps. Razor blades under the door handles, shotgun in the footwell rigged to the door. Nails under the drivers seat.
>>
>>35106476
>That old Nugget Security greentext will never be real
It was such a great idea.
>>
>>35107041
>>35106996
Honestly, you can configure most decent alarm systems to notify you by SMS, e-mail or app notification via internet or cell - all you have to do then is check your CCTV feeds and call the Police/ ring your neighbour up to tell them their dog's escaped - costs a few dollars a year for SMS charges. Obviously you gotta have your phone with you to be able to self monitor your alarm.

>>35107296
The software I use lets you calibrate the motion detection, so it only detects objects that are human-like. Sure I get false notifications every now and then, but it's pretty rare and takes like, 2 seconds to verify through reviewing the alert.

>>35107742
Locks are a big one and mostly overlooked, a good standard lock and door can mean the difference between seconds and minutes (if it all) for forced entry. You'd be surprised how easy and fairly quiet it is to drill a lock and be into a property.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.