[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what makes certain uniforms more/less IR reflective? which materials

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: new_un10.jpg (106KB, 800x799px) Image search: [Google]
new_un10.jpg
106KB, 800x799px
what makes certain uniforms more/less IR reflective?

which materials are the least IR reflective?

i heard solid black uniforms stand out extremely bright against NV compared to the environment, is this true? what about O.D and khakis?

last and most important question, if you were to make a ghillie suit from scratch, which materials/dyes would you use to make it as NV-proof as possible?

pic possibly related, second uniform stands out bright compared to surroundings, whereas the first one blends in well.
>>
actual operators makes their own ghillies with hessian

IR and NV is not the same
>>
>>35099964
>IR and NV is not the same
I mean...NV image intensifiers intensify light that is high frequency infrared and near infrared.
>>
NV just enhances the light and makes you see better

IR detects heat

to hide from NV using the shadows actually works, since all it does is enhancing light. Also use same colors and break shapes to blend in, as you would during the day

it is insanely hard to hide yourself completely from thermal goggles while maintaining line of sight

speaking from experience
>>
File: water_underwear.jpg (608KB, 800x1368px) Image search: [Google]
water_underwear.jpg
608KB, 800x1368px
>>35100306
could you just wear insulating cloathes to hide from thermals and have some kind of water jacket that pumps cold water through it?

What about meta materials? Is there like RAM for IR waves? Radar and Light and IR all are photons.
>>
>>35100306
>NV just enhances the light and makes you see better
>IR detects heat
This is a really...oversimplified explanation of what is happening. Conventional night vision image intensifiers work on the same wavelengths of light as low-light level television. That is to say the visible spectrum as well as down into the short wave infrared (~1.5 micrometer wavelength) spectrum. Thermal infrared imaging is usually down in the long wavelength spectrum. 9-15 micrometers or so.
>>
File: stealth-wear-scarf1.jpg (211KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
stealth-wear-scarf1.jpg
211KB, 1024x512px
>>35100527
>>
>>35100306
>>35100527
here's a neat idea

pad the insides of your clothes in thick, heavy duty aluminium foil

>b-but muh heat and sweat
harden the fuck up
>>
>>35100744
>harden the fuck up
t. neverWentOutField

If you think you can fight wrapped in tinfoil your delusional.
>>
>>35100598
Good job at contributing no relevant information all. Regular camo with nonreflective materials does jack all against IR
>>
>>35100527
Jesus! I remember some anon on /diy/ was building a cooling vest designed exactly like that to circulate icewater surround his body for intense gaming sessions. Sure hope he made it :3
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.