[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In the good, the bad and the ugly, you know that gun shop scene?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

In the good, the bad and the ugly, you know that gun shop scene?
Is that a thing, can you actually mix 'n match parts of different revolvers/guns?
>>
It depends
>>
Back then you could. Most firearms were hand crafted and took some fitting together to match up properly. You saw the same thing at the Marlin plant a few years ago. They'd have barrels of parts and would mix and match until they ran Decently enough.
>>
>>35099479
In the movie he uses a colt, a remington and a Smith & Wesson, i think
Would that work?
I know you can swap Glock parts around
>>
a lot of guns from that era work in very similar ways and have pretty similar dimensions (especially by nature of what round they use) and american manufacturing has never been particularly imaginative so i wouldnt be surprised if there was unintentional parts commonality between dozens of different guns of the period

>>35099523
without knowing the exact models, I can't say much, but I doubt they did that scene and then didn't use that very gun for action scenes so that very gun probably worked at least well enough to shoot blanks
>>
>>35099522
> Most firearms were hand crafted and took some fitting together to match up properly.
americans in charge of manufacturing. have yankees figured out what jigs are yet?
>>
i doubt it personally
>>
>>35099550

The United States firearms industry literally invented interchangeable parts you mong.

The Good the Bad and the Ugly is set in 1864.
>>
>>35100333
I don't think you got what I was saying because my trip triggers you. Hand fitting is prone to small flaws and you can negate them by using other more well fitting parts.

You'd know this if you actually shot to any amount.
>>
>>35099550
are you a dullard? do a little research on how hard it was to make something as simple as a screw back in the late 1700s/early 1800s.
>>
>>35099466
It has been a long time since I've seen the movie, but I thought they were all Colt clones. Many of those would be very close to exact copies and thus compatible.

The Doyalist explanation is that really, they just let Wallach (who isn't a gunsmith) improvise during that scene and that is what he did.

>>35100333
>The United States firearms industry literally invented interchangeable parts you mong.
Carthage, the Waring States and the Venetian Arsenal would all like a word with you.

Whitney did help popularize the concept though, but I'd still give credit to Brunel for actually implementing it large scale.
>>
Actually I was watching some YouTube video about why the movie is so good last week.

That scene is just an improv, the guy who played tuco didn't know what he was doing, but the director liked it.
>>
>>35099466
I remember an interview where Leone said the actor that played Tuco improvised it and that they knew it was nonsense but kept it because the scene was great
>>
>>35100964
What the hell are you talking about? A part that is made specifically to inferface with another part will work much smoother than randomly choosing until you find one close. The only way to have an interchanged part work better than a hand-fitted part is if the man who fitted it was an absolute mong.
>>
>>35102775
link?
>>
>>35105071
I rate this image empty hardpoints/10
>>
>>35102775
What scene?
>>
>>35099541
>american manufacturing has never been particularly imaginative
git out
>>
>>35099550
Yeah, we used to make them work in our cotton fields.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.