[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Modern AR-15 muzzle brakes come quite close to eliminating the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: brake-performance-616x900.jpg (199KB, 616x900px) Image search: [Google]
brake-performance-616x900.jpg
199KB, 616x900px
Modern AR-15 muzzle brakes come quite close to eliminating the recoil completely, with a combination of the following factors completely eliminating recoil could well be possible
-lighter bullet weight
-more powder
-shorter barrel
-bigger brake
Has anyone tried making a setup like this? Have they succeeded in completely cancelling out the recoil?

This way of reducing recoil doesn't address the bolt swinging back and forth though so there still would be felt recoil of some way or the other but this could be addressed with a lighter weight bolt, using a bolt action gun, or just designing a gun with a system to cancel out the movement of the bolt like the in the case of the AK 107.
>>
>>35096178
But most of these things (outside of the brake and adding powder) would hamstring the performance of the 5.56, so i dint anyone would really try
>>
>>35097819
True, but since we are already able to eliminate 75% of the recoil without affecting the performance at all i'd think that another 25% shouldn't be too difficult.
>>
>>35097962
Have you ever heard of marginal benefit and marginal cost?
>>
>>35098046
My autism doesn't understand those terms, all i know is 100% or nothing.
>>
>>35098104
monolithic copper projectile(.308) coated in nickel(3,500fps) with a brake should be pretty much what you are asking for.

If you want next to nothing for recoil then p90 with a muzzle brake with solid copper rounds, I imagine, could work well...

Otherwise your projectiles will be shit tier in comparison to lead or steel. The rule is if you are using a light for caliber projectile then a larger chamber could do it better...
>>
>>35096178
Forgotten Weapons had a video showcasing an ar15 that had been upgraded over the years by Eugene Stoner himself. He reworked the bolt and buffer IIRC, and in full auto it had little or no muzzle rise. Interesting video
>>
>>35099873
Jim Sullivan, not Stoner.
>>
>>35099930
Good catch, it's been a while
>>
>>35099873
Link senpai?
>>
>>35096178
>No AAC Breakout
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.