[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best options for putting a scope on a mosin, price/quality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: sniper2.jpg (72KB, 540x249px) Image search: [Google]
sniper2.jpg
72KB, 540x249px
What are the best options for putting a scope on a mosin, price/quality wise?

I don't want to put a rail on mine and the PU scopes I've been looking at have very mixed reviews all around
>>
>>35096024

I looked into this a while ago and purchased the items needed, but I never got around to having it mounted.

The solution I chose was the "Brass Stacker" brand mount. But keep in mind that this means you will have to mount a long eye relief scope and run the weapon as a scout rifle. The scope mount itself is mounted on the rear sight mount. You punch out the pins then secure the mount using the screws it comes with, leaving the rear sights intact and still usable if you view them beneath the slightly raised scope mount.

Of course, the long eye relief thing may be a dealbreaker for you, but if I recall it's much simpler and cheaper to set up than the other options.
>>
>>35096040
Are you referring to this? https://www.amazon.com/Brass-Stacker-Mosin-Nagant-Universal/dp/B00M1B9EVM Seems like a more expensive option than https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006GOK5FE/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1 given that it's just the mount
>>
>>35096024
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYsQH01bftQ
>>
>>35096057
>>35096040
im gonna have to put rails on this fucking thing aren't I
>>
>>35096049

No, this one https://brassstacker.com/M9130-M9159-Go-Low-Scout-Scope-Mount/
>>
>>35096024
http://www.accumounts.com/mobile/russian-mosin.html
They have PU, PE, and PEM mounts that are solid and matching repro scopes. I got the PU mount for my rearsenalled nugget. They also sell bent bolt handles as well.
>>
>>35096024
I think you will be disappointed with the accuracy of a mosin with a scope. Most mosins make standard milsurp accuracy (like 3-4 MOA) at best and often make a minute of man accuracy.

I love my mosin, but if you want to do any sort of precision shooting, even hunting level, you are going to want something newer.
>>
>>35096024
>best option for optics on mosin
step one: use the money for your mosin optic and the money you will be selling your mosin for something better like a enfield or a mouser
>>
>>35097224
>use the money for your mosin optic and the money you will be selling your mosin for something better like a enfield or a mouser
How about we don't encourage OP to become a bubba? Keep him away from milsurp in general if he wants to cut things up.
>>
>>35097279
Theres 10 million nuggets there's a reason they're called garbage rods.
>>
>>35097224
Are you crazy? Enfields and Mausers are good rifles that are becoming harder to come by these days. Nuggets are junk rifles that are everywhere. If anon want to modify/bubba/tacticool a milsurp rifle, better to do it with a nugget than a rifle that's actually worth something.
>>
>>35096024
bubba no
>>
>>35097224
>"mouser"
Nigga you just went full retard
>>
>>35096024

Buy a budget hunting rifle since by the end of this endeavor you will have spent more money anyway and get an inferior rifle.
>>
>>35097299

There used to be millions of Lee-Enfield, M1903, Mauser 98k etc as well - what are left in original form now are the ones that bubba did not destroy during the numerous decades that they were "just cheap garbage rods".
>>
File: e1a.png (371KB, 640x361px) Image search: [Google]
e1a.png
371KB, 640x361px
>>35096024

If you want a rifle with a scope, you are much better off selling that Nugget and buying a modern hunting rifle designed to be equipped with scope.
>>
>>35098695
There are more garbage rods than all of those combined. Also k98s, enfields, 1903s are all still readily available and affordable.
>>
>>35096024
>What are the best options for putting a scope on a mosin, price/quality wise?
Buying a proper hunting rifle to begin with.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170718-215257.png (585KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170718-215257.png
585KB, 1080x1920px
>>35097299
>>
File: Screenshot_20170225-210649.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170225-210649.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
>>35097647
>>
>>35096024
I had been thinking about putting a scope on my mosin for a while. Then I realized I'd have a much better experience just getting a gun made for a scope. Keep the mosin what it is. A piece of history that's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.