[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this a meme knife? I'm thinking of getting one, haven't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Spyderco Delica 4.jpg (221KB, 2276x1131px) Image search: [Google]
Spyderco Delica 4.jpg
221KB, 2276x1131px
Is this a meme knife? I'm thinking of getting one, haven't heard anything bad about it. Don't know much about Spyderco knives, just know everyone raves about the Delica 4. Even people with a shit load of knives say this is their favorite and most used knife out of the bunch.
>>
>>35094528
It slices, it dices. It makes julienne fries.
>>
>>35094528

not a meme knife.

Delica 4 is cool but idk what youre lookin for in a knife
>>
>>35094528
I think I have the dragonfly 2, which is a leaf-style blade and well under 3" so there's no doubt if a cop in my lib state sees it.

I used to have the bigger Endura 4 and it was just too large to pull out in public. I used it at the laundromat once to open a box and it freaked out the normies.

Even my dragonfly looks "dangerous" to them.
So what I'm saying is the smaller it is, the more likely I am to carry it on the daily and use the thing. The bigger knives only come out on special ocassions.
>>
Good knife but it didn't fit comfortable in my hand. That first hump in the handle was digging into my middle finger, same happened when i held a Endura 4

I sanded the hump down and feels great in hand now.
>>
>>35094785
Correct me if I'm wrong but a Delica isn't really that big, right? I think only the Paramilitary 3 is somewhat massive, or the Endura.
>>
>>35094823
Para 3 isn't what I would call "huge."

It's good sized but it isn't huge.
>>
>>35094528
I'm a Spyderco collector, but I don't have the Delica 4. I like it's big brother, the Endura. Current favorite is the matriarch II
>>
>>35094970
>I'm a Spyderco collector, but I don't have the Delica 4

Color me surprised, seems like everyone praises the Delica so I figured most Spyderco collectors would have one.
>>
>>35094528
It's been one of the mainstays in the knife industry for so long, it's often used as a benchmark to compare others too.

>decent steel
>decent lock
>relatively ergonomic
>good blade geometry
>nice pocketable size and weight

It's not the pinnacle of knife making, but it's solid all around.
>>
File: 1462011423940.jpg (156KB, 766x531px)
1462011423940.jpg
156KB, 766x531px
>>35094528
Yes, a meme with loose tolerances.
>>
>>35094849
The Para 3 is the smallest in the Military line with at 3" blade. The Paramilitary 2 is mid sized at 3.5" and the Military is the biggest at about 4".
>>
>>35094528
you're gonna have to decide yourself on if it's a good overall design. not a bad choice for a first spyderco.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.