[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay /k/ listen up, I've got an annoying problem trying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

Okay /k/ listen up, I've got an annoying problem trying to fix the braking system of a M60 Patton for a week.the brake pad is stiff as fuck, no matter how many times we drained it, we switched pumps, and some pipes in the hull and it just doesn't go away. Anyone knows what to do?

Btw it's my first time here so be gentle
>>
>>35088893

>>>/o/
>>
>>35088893
nigga where the fuck did you get an M60 Patton and why are you asking /k/ about it's brake system
>>
>>35088893
Have you tried draining and refilling the blinker fluid? The hydraulics connecting the blinkers to the brake can sometime get dirty from brake dust. Also change the oil on it. I heard the M60 likes synthetic.
>>
>>35088902
>>>/m/
>>
>>35088909
Don't ask questions you don't want answers to.
I thought about asking at /o/, but it's a fucking tank so maybe you guys know better
>>
>>35088912
It's probably the headlight fluid, not the blinker fluid.
>>
>>35088952
no, it's probably the turret sprocket travel mediator. it's not hooked up to the brake system directly, but when it messes up it can interfere with the brake system and cause weird issues. soldiers used to apply the chocolate in their rations to fix it, since chocolate has less give than lube and stays better.
>>
>>35088946
Most fags here barely know which is the ass end of a rifle. You are over estimating /k/.
>>
>>35088946
Try night /k/. That's when the grownups come on.

Also, post pics.
>>
>>35089005
Not sure what you are talking about, since not native speaker. Unless it's bullshit and I'm just not picking it up. But be sure it's not a turret problem

>>35089016
Probably right, should ask /o/

>>35089061
Ill ask again later then, hopefully someone knows shit
>>
>>35089086
>Not sure what you are talking about, since not native speaker.
DID YOU GO FISHING TANKS OUT OF THE OCEAN AGAIN, IVAN?
>>
>>35088893
If my general knowledge of brake systems is applicable here (i doubt it bu whatevs) it sounds like you have a faulty hose or pipe seal somewhere
>>
>>35089113
Switched all the hoses I could think of, and it's still stiff, and annoying. Probably going to switch every single pipe until we find it,but I don't want to do it, so looking for other ideas
>>
>>35089149
not sure if I'm a retard, but after a few minutes of research I found this

http://techtalk.mpbrakes.com/brake-troubleshooting/diagnosing-brake-system-problems-leading-to-a-hard-pedal
>>
>>35089200
Haven't tried the valve thing... I'll check it, anyways thanks

But keep pumping answers because I'm gonna try them all
>>
>>35088893
I have absolutely no idea how a M60 brake system works, other than hydraulics, but I do know you can get the schematics and figure out what's up. Maybe trying working the brakes until they're a bit more loose?

https://www.nsncenter.com/Library/M60
>>
>>35088893
Not sure if this will help but I think the 60 has a filter for the brake lines Check it to see if there is clog
>>
>>35088912
>>35088952
You nimrods! Everybody knows that brake fluid and trans oil is compatible.
Refill the window wiper fluid.
>>
>>35089270
Unbelievable, after 40 minutes of looking a found a manual with the problem in it, fucking hell I'm gonna try this as soon as possible, many thanks
>>
File: k.jpg (96KB, 900x717px) Image search: [Google]
k.jpg
96KB, 900x717px
>>35089611
>a Malaysian dirt sketching imageboard managed to troubleshoot an obscure brake problem in a vietnam-era main battle tank with no direct access to any documentation or equipment, via internet autism

/k/ truly is a magical place
>>
>>35089611

Pics or it didnt happen you LARPing faggot.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.