[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"Just get an AR" *in response to someone who already

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (17KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 250x241px
>"Just get an AR" *in response to someone who already owns one asking if they should get a FAL or G3*
>A G19 and G26 with three spare magazines for each is the bare minimum for concealed carry.
>A hypothetical post apocalyptic scenario is the only valid metric for making firearms purchases.
>anything fun or unique is a hipster meme

Do people who think like this even like guns? Because it honestly seems like they hate most of them.
>>
>>35088362
They don't like them.
They like to play dress up as L337 OPR8RS!!!!!111!one! And any rifle or pistol that conflicts with that is NO BUENO, DUDES!

They're not gun collectors.
They're gear collectors, and this just happens to be the board for one specific piece of their equipment.
>>
>>35088382
There's also the sixteen year old who just wants to fling shit around online.
>>
>>35088362
>Do people who think like this even like guns?
No they don't.
They just like the retarded image that they think guns give them.
>>
>>35088362
Most of /k/ and most american gun owners fucking loathe guns; they only have guns either to "scare le gubberment" or to "protect their families" (they are single and childless) in paranoid fantasy shtf scenarios

or they're the exceedingly common type of person who only likes "guns" and other military equipment because of uppote and panzermadels and other similar waifubait animes where they just name the girls after something and call it a day. the fans of those shows dont like guns at all, they just like the anime characters named after guns and then they get confused
>>
>>35088362
ptr 91 works fine ignore other remember when all he,ll breaks loose the ar be common and thus have performance limitations well you have a 308 battle rifle
>>
>>35088701
Amen. PTR, Murica, mags still cheap af.
>>
>>35088701
>when all he,ll breaks loose
youre a retarded piece of white trash hth
>>
File: sofuckinghip.jpg (465KB, 1800x992px) Image search: [Google]
sofuckinghip.jpg
465KB, 1800x992px
You came to /k/ on 4chan of all places for a serious conversation...

Hate to break it to you OP.... But you're kind of an idiot...
>>
File: 1501337945739.jpg (54KB, 240x430px) Image search: [Google]
1501337945739.jpg
54KB, 240x430px
The generalizations in this thread are stupid, OP's stupid, this thread is stupid
>>
>>35088362
Well they do, just in a different way than you do. For them, owning the most practical gun for their purpose is fun.
Shoot what makes you happy, but practicality-wise it's hard to beat glocks and ar-pattern rifles.
>>
>Genuinely care about anons well-being
>Want him to be properly equipped for high speed vehicle-to-vehicle shootouts with schanglers in the inevitable impending resource wars, which obviously means owning multiple ARs and Glocks
>This doesn't align with his delusions of fighting in african bush-wars that occurred decades before his birth in countries he has no connection with
>Screams "YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD", slams the door; runs up to his room and makes this thread
Sad!
>>
>>35088910
One such case!
>>
>>35088910
>be 400 lb "bear" mode /k/ommando
>stockpile AR's in various barrel lengths
>also different furniture color options for various theaters of action
>12 Glocks all different colors (to match the corresponding AR)
>tactical plate carrier kitted out sits in my corner (i havent done anything with the plates in yet but the online reviews said it was top of the line)
>17 plates for each pouch should be enough replacements to last until i can start manufacturing my own or begin raids on military bases
>three shipping containers of ammo buried in my Mom's backyard so the ATF cant confiscate it
>and shoot my dog amirite?
>casually surf /k/
>hard to read through my GP-5's fogged lenses
>someone started a thread asking about battle rifles
>think i'll cure him of his delusions, clearly he needs another AR and matching glocks in several different calibers for when he has to scrounge ammo during SHTF
>lol this guy actually thinking of either a G3 or FAL what a faggot
>casually tell him that the weight of those anchors will only serve to slow him down as he tactically rebounds to his extraction point from the hordes of Dindus that will be everywhere during the happening
>inform him of hiw difficult it will be to carry an effective amount if ammo in such a large caliber with a spicy meme
>fucking no gunz has the nerve to tell me he doesnt want a glock and already has an AR
>DOESNT WANT A GLOCK
>FUCKING GLOCK
>GLOCK PERFECTION
>DOESNT WANT
>already has "an" AR lol good luck when that breaks down during your daily city raid and 2 hour shootout
>clearly this loser thinks he is back in Africa during the cold war
>log off shaking my head "cant save everyone" as i tear open my 5th MRE of the day
>gotta keep my bulk up for when food scarcity hits
>yuo they all laughed at me, but when the resource wars start all those qt 3.14s will be singing a different tune
>any day now
>>
>>35089550
>400 pounds
Keep it up dreamer
>>
>>35088740
And so are you for being red and not blue
>>
My inability to stop buying guns is fueled by a potent blend of autism and irony thinly veiled in my front of being a casual.
>>
>>35088362
Lard asses can't into stealth so they don't understand the offensive handgun concept.
>>
>I live in a mid-size city
>everyone MUST live in a mid-size city
>anon says his SHTF primary is a lever action in 45-70, and his sidearm is a revolver in the same.
>I immediately criticise his intelligence
>No way has he ever made a girl cum
>this faggot tries telling me he lives in Wyoming over 500 miles from a municipality of any significant size
>kek nice try faggot
>hand drawn map showing the flood of brownskins from Chicago will naturally head straight for Yellowstone to feast on buffalo flesh.
>anon says hunting to provide for his wife and children is important to him
>what he really needs is an AR and a Glock for every person in his survival party
>I have over two dozen ARs and Glocks for when I meet people and make friends during the apocalypse.
>keep waiting
>alone
>>
>>35088362
>Not cc ing a G19 with 3 30 round mags
jk I would never cc a striker
But I do have a CZ rami with 26 round mags
>>
>>35088717
That thing looks fun. What is it?
>>
>The undercurrent of virgin bitterness ITT
>All because somebody mocked their "fun" rangetoy
Jesus Christ, normally Id recommend buying a quality AR and a polymer wondernine, but maybe you would all be better served buying a hooker.
>>
>>35088436
wrong i have a genuine appreciation for them and love working on them, plus owning makes me feel safer
>>
>>35090291
>get a hooker
but I don't want my name in the paper and $2000 in court costs.
>>
File: 1491268501595.jpg (127KB, 473x690px) Image search: [Google]
1491268501595.jpg
127KB, 473x690px
>>35090227
>keep waiting
>alone
>>
>>35088436
>or they're the exceedingly common type of person who only likes "guns" and other military equipment because of uppote and panzermadels and other similar waifubait animes where they just name the girls after something and call it a day.
You know, that's exceedingly uncommon. You seem like the kind of fellow that would extrapolate his experiences on 4chan, thinking they somehow apply to real life.
>>
>>35088362
No they don't.

They're like the gun equivalent of ricers and even the average person.

They don't care about the item, it's just a means to perform a task.

Also get both. The more guns and more variety the better.
>>
>"Just get an AR" *in response to someone who already owns one asking if they should get a FAL or G3*
They probably mean an AR-10 fwiw. FAL and G3 are outdated memeguns at this point. Just buy a SCAR if you're willing to spend enough money to shoot .308.
>>
File: QPp6e9l_d.jpg (76KB, 640x412px) Image search: [Google]
QPp6e9l_d.jpg
76KB, 640x412px
>>35090914
>OP voices frustration when strangers say "just get [X] rather than what you want"
>literally reply with "Just get a SCAR rather than what you want"
That absolute state of /k/ sometimes...
>>
>OP wants an FAL/PTR/M1A/ACR/Tavor/5.56 AK/IOAK/CZ75/Kimber/Sig
>Tell him to get AR/G19, since that's what he really wants
>OP gets what he wants anyway
>Week passes
>Thread saying "Why didn't anyone tell me X gun was inaccurate/unreliable/picky or costly with ammo/zero aftermarket/has crazy toolmarks inside the frame?", in spite of the initial thread being literally all of that
>Ends up resolving to sell up and to buy an AR/G19 instead
Yall might whine about the homogeneity of the recommendations, but they're a conditioned response
>>
>>35090272
heavily modded saiga 12 probably
>>
>>35091675
>since that's what he really wants
The levels of narcissism in this thread are almost impressive.
>>
>>35093184
What can I tell you man, newguns are like women. They dont have opinions of their own and dont know what they want, so you've got to steer them right with a strong hand or they'll fuck up and blame you for their mistake. So it easier to tell everyone to get an AR from the start, since that's where all roads eventually lead regardless.
>>
>>35088362
The AR thing is weird to me. A g3, fal, or other 308 battle rifle is a more versatile valuable weapon for civilian. With 308 you can kill large game. It can punch through barriers pretty good it's good for home defense. I read a combat medics story and they said they had seen hundreds and hundreds of. 556 ball wounds and no one ever went down in one shot. 308 isn't used as commonly as an infantry rifle so I don't now about one shot kills but the power of a fulls size rifle round will do it if anything will.
>>
>>35094847
>I read a combat medics story and they said they had seen hundreds and hundreds of. 556 ball wounds and no one ever went down in one shot.
You read larping bullshit.

But yes, a AR-10, Fal, PTR, SCAR-H, et al makes a better durr gun than an AR in 5.56.

The problem is that over half the people in this country live in areas where deer hunting is restricted to shotguns or straight walled rifle cartridges, and even if the anon in question lives where 7.62 NATO is a legal deer round, for the price difference between an AR and a Battle Rifle worth owning is more than it'd cost him to pick up a Stevens Combo that will shoot circles around any battle rifle that isn't an AR-308, a SCAR-H, or a monstrously expensive National Match M14 from Fulton or another reputable maker, and weighs less than even the lightest .308 semi autos.
>>
>>35094945
You seem to think larping is more popular than it is. Also I don't hunt deer. Moose and elk. Reindeer if I find it.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.