[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why dont other countries strap AA missiles to everything like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

File: STRELAS.jpg (403KB, 1897x1288px) Image search: [Google]
STRELAS.jpg
403KB, 1897x1288px
Why dont other countries strap AA missiles to everything like the North Koreans? Is it an effective thing to do?

It seems like a very useful thing to do, helicopters and low altitude attacks will be btfo by tons of infrared missles, and high altitude attacks are much less accurate.
>>
>>35086492
>those fucking fire extinguishers
>>
>>35086497
Sort of makes you wonder how much of that rear tray is timber
Mind you, soon as they blow their load they have to skedaddle pretty quick to avoid counter battery fire, being on fire or not!
>>
Because other countries can rely on air superiority. Its needless to strap a stinger to everything with wheels when every enemy air asset was destroyed on the ground days before a any friendly mechanized units entered the country.
>>
>>35086492
Even if it's part of on board equipment, they don't put it on pintle mounts that would improve readiness at the cost of profile and versatility..
For example, the soviet SPGs had Igla Manpads IIRC, but they put it in bags on the back of the turret.
>>
Chances of those MANPADs being fake?
>>
>>35087002
Pretty unlikely, manpad spam is the core of nork air defence
>>
>>35086492
>high altitude attacks are much less accurate.
It isn't still the 1970s.
>>
>>35086492
How modern are these missiles? Since increasingly widespread IRCM makes me doubt how effective older systems would be.
>>
>>35086497
Fucking retard. All artillery has to deal with the real potential of starting fires. Go watch that series with the Russian journos doing stuff in Russian military. One of the drills they do with the artillery guys includes putting out a grass fire.
>>
>>35086492
When dealing with a country with a lot of helos (like the US), it's actually not a bad idea. It's the extreme version of why the Soviets and now Russia have organic AA in pretty much every combat formation.
>>
>>35086492
It's really not a bad idea, just redundant when you expect to have air superiority. But redundancy within reason is good to have.
>>
>>35087392
Dropping a bomb from 15 kilometers up is less accurate then bombing from a thousand feet up

Mainly those manpads help with helicopters and CAS though.
>>
>>35087680
not with laser guided ammo
>>
>>35087446
They are from the 80's, strela 2's i think
>>
>>35087446
Not necessarily.
The french managed to lock on some Eurofighters with old jury-rigged Roland SAM during an exercice a couple years back, because modern ECMs aren't made to counter analog systems. That's the disadvantage of specialization.
>>
>>35087740
>modern ECMs aren't made to counter analog systems.

The amount of stupid in this post killed me
>>
>>35086492
The norks have that aesthetics tho
>>
File: NK SA3.jpg (57KB, 650x365px) Image search: [Google]
NK SA3.jpg
57KB, 650x365px
>>35087799
They do, the north Koreans are my new favorite nation in wargame, their military is such a meme
>>
>>35087740
IR seekers and IRCM are completely separate sort of systems than what you're talking about.
>>
File: 5.jpg (129KB, 1000x541px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
129KB, 1000x541px
>>35087838
>>
>>35087838
Real shame knowing its all going to be vaporized by nuclear fire eventually
Nothing good last forever I guess
>>
There's nothing wrong with carrying manpads if you have an excess of them, but those mounts are fucking stupid, any nearby shell or bomb impacts are going to destroy the exposed launchers
>>
>>35087858
>implying anything is ever going to happen
>>
>>35087688
laser guidance is pretty limited, though. You can sometimes spot the laser and pop smoke to obscure it. Bad weather also kills the system entirely.
>>
>>35088531
So then you go GPS guided you literal retarded faggot.
>>
>>35089181
Easily jammed.
>>
>>35087680
>Dropping a bomb from 15 kilometers up is less accurate then bombing from a thousand feet up

It's not 1970.
>>
>>35088531
>laser guidance is pretty limited, though. You can sometimes spot the laser and pop smoke to obscure it.

What are you talking about? You know the lasers aren't visible right?
>>
File: tunguska.jpg (3MB, 2816x1880px) Image search: [Google]
tunguska.jpg
3MB, 2816x1880px
>>35086492
Other countries have actual AA vehicles.
>>
>>35089330
There are detectors that some vehicles have to detect laser guidance targeting them.

That said, he's still full of shit. The future is multiple modes of guidance. Combining GPS/INS and laser guidance is practically standard at this point, with IR homing and radar homing often being used as well (Brimstone for example). SDB-2 is nearly impossible to evade for example due to the sheer number of sensors it's packing.

>>35089210
Then it goes inertial (assuming it has no other sensor package) and still has a good chance to hit, especially at the speed it's moving. And I haven't heard anything good in particular about NK's EW capabilities anyways.
>>
>>35089210
>NK beeing capable of jamming GPS.

Kek
>>
>>35089210
>In this anon's world, IGAS doesn't exist
>>
>>35087847
>tfw NK has this cool shit and we're stuck with worthless pigfat Abrams
>>
>assmad norks claiming modern bombs are inaccurate as fuck: the Thread
>>
File: 1095348_original.jpg (139KB, 386x252px) Image search: [Google]
1095348_original.jpg
139KB, 386x252px
>>35089548
Tfw high end Nork tanks get way more bells and whistles then american armor

Tfw norks get atgms, manpads, missle defence systems, electronic guidance jammers, anti infrared/optics lasers, and mountains of ERA
>>
>>35089578
$15 has been deposited to your bank account filthy american shill
>>
>>35089687
you know most of it is just wooden boxes painted to look like high tech equipment.

NK is all bark and no bite. The only people the North Korean military could hurt are North Korean civilians.
>>
>>35090258
And North Korea could never develop a missile that reaches America, or develop an H bomb, right?

Underestimating North Korea has become almost as obnoxious as North Korea's propaganda.
>>
>>35090368
They didn't develop shit, they got missile tech from Ukraine
>>
File: Ukrainian_BM-27_Uragan.jpg (414KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Ukrainian_BM-27_Uragan.jpg
414KB, 1600x1200px
>>35086497
Its a MRLS.

Every MRLS has a fire extinguisher, see pic. Hell, even the Russian road-mobile ICBMs have fire extinguishers.
>>
>>35090368
Nuclear missiles are 60s technology. You don't have to be high tech to build one.
>>
>>35090410
It a Ukrainian vehicle, not Russian.
>>
>>35090522
Good reading comprehension there.
>>
So to actually answer op question,

I was in an armor formation, tanks have ammo specific to shoot down air. We did an exercise with air cav to help them prior to their deployment. Our entire careers we were told "if you see a heli, you're already fucked".

To our surprise though we were slaughtering them, air tactics are very easy to understand. They essentially imt but in the air. Once you see where it takes cover you just wait until it peeks up and kill it. We were killing them so bad we were told to"go easy on them" because they weren't getting any training value dieing that fast.

That's anecdotal though, doctrinal its because we have much better detection systems and range of AA than nk, to the point where even with other peers we can id enemy before their weapon systems are in range of our front lines. Thus making putting organic aa a waste of time and resources.

That said, division still have dismount AA elements they will push down to bde elements that in turn throw into some infantry or scout platoon vehicle to use stingers on the front line. Most of it is avenger missile hmmwv though.
>>
>>35090212
I'm not gonna lie, I'd turn shill for pretty much anyone at $15US per shitpost. That's quite a lot of money for not much work at all.
>>
>>35087680
Not with gps quided munitions.
A b2 can drop 80 jdams and hit 80 targets in a single run.
High altitude bombing is easy now.
>>
>>35086497
>not keeping a fire extinguisher in your car, let alone in a rocket/missile-firing military truck
I hope your engine has some minor fault that starts a minor fire and then your car is completely engulfed in fire within several dozen minutes because your dumb ass thought fire extinguishers are just a meme and you had nothing to put out even a minor blaze
>>
>>35091168
That's more than I was making per hour at my last job
>>
>>35091168
I kinda wish there was a list of how much each group pays for shilling. Like, imagine signing up with China only to find out Russia pays better. If you're going to be morally bankrupt you gotta do it for the highest going rate.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.