[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>new to shooting; don't even know proper shooting stance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1425760417322.jpg (78KB, 501x762px) Image search: [Google]
1425760417322.jpg
78KB, 501x762px
>new to shooting; don't even know proper shooting stance
>find out I'm LEFT eye dominant
>I'm right handed

Any tips? Having to hold guns left handed makes learning infinitely worse and more awkward to hold
>>
>>35079449
Lots of people shoot cross eye dominant.
Hickok45 is cross eye dominant.
>>
>>35079493
Not op but I don't understand the "fix" for this people recommend
How does closing your dominant eye and forcing yourself to shoot with your shitty eye better in anyway?
>>
>>35079449
Just hold the gun slightly to the left. I'm cross dominant, and with handguns, I just line up the sights with my left eye. Weirdly enough, I can actually use my right eye with rifles
>>
Move gun half inch to the left, move head half inch to the right.
Was it really that hard you couldn't think of that after 3 seconds of thought?
>>
>>35079449

for pistols, shift your head like everyone says

for long guns, learn to shoot lefty.
>>
>>35079601
>learn to shoot lefty.
Disagree.
Learning to get over it is best, then moving and turning your head, followed by lefty.
>>
>>35079449
wear an eyepatch
>>
>>35079665

yeah i've never managed to crank my head all the way around when i'm shooting the other side.
>>
>>35079449
https://youtu.be/DV_WTsF_7kM

this helped me. he actually shoots and knows what he's talking about. also friends with GarandThumb
>>
>>35079449
My gf makes it work by bringing the targets closer. You could try that.
>>
>>35079665
Learning to shoot ambi is better than just learning to "get over it". Ambi has some practical (if not somewhat armchair general) applications.
>>
>>35079449
Dominant eye is a meme. Just shoot with your right eye, your brain will get used to it after a few magazines.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.