[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>my 70 year old dad walks around the house with his Taurus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: dad.jpg (22KB, 650x261px) Image search: [Google]
dad.jpg
22KB, 650x261px
>my 70 year old dad walks around the house with his Taurus Judge unholstered in his hand with his finger on the trigger.
>I've been thinking about how to talk to him about this but today he got up and walked towards me with it in that manner and I just said "What are you gonna do, shoot me?".
>He's like "whAT?!", and I'm like "You walking around with your finger on the trigger is unsafe".
>He says, "How am I gonna shoot 'em if my finger isn't on the trigger?".
> I reply, "If you see someone you need to shoot, it will be fast enough to get your finger on the trigger....",
>he starts to walk towards the bathroom
> he yells "YOU HEARD OF DANGER DAN? WELL I AIN'T EVEN DAN!"

How do I correct this behavior, /k/? I just bought a Hermann Oaks Tooling Side 7oz-8oz hide to make my brother and dad Holsters.

I'm not sure he's going to keep his gun in the holster but I would really like to get him where he doesn't feel stupid or offended but doesn't walk around with his booger hook on the bang switch.

If he doesn't do that he keeps it in his cloth Russel shorts pocket or just laying out in his chair. He was an armored cavalry scout in the 60s but I don't think that gives him an excuse to do this. He pretty much sits at his computer and watches Steven Seagull films on netflix. I don't know what to do.

I'm 28 hasguns and I live nearby, ftw. As "meme" as it is, I'm scared that he's going to have an accident and shoot one of his grandkids or my mom or himself.
>>
Also, when he hears a bump in the night, he grunts and says "sounds like I gotta go hold court".
>>
>>35077727
I would never ever go to his house
>>
>>35077727
Lol I like this guy, but yea that does sound like an issue
>He pretty much sits at his computer and watches Steven Seagull films on netflix
Oh no, he's too far gone. You need to invite the Seagull to your house to teach gun safety
>>
i know its a gun grabber meme but i think your dad may legitimately have an inferiority complex.
>>
>>35077727

make him a holster and say it's so he can keep his hands free. put some shit on it that means a lot to both of you in terms of engravings, medallions, etc. make it a shoulder holster so he still feels badass. basically guilt trip him into using it.
>>
File: stevenseagull.jpg (21KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
stevenseagull.jpg
21KB, 600x315px
>>35077812
>guilt trip him into using it

yes this is brilliant. the tooling side leather is perfect for this. I'll put our family crest on there. solid, solid advice here.

>>35077746

lol

>>35077772
he's a fucking riot seriously

>>35077779
lol i don't know about that but he's going to fucking blast whoever comes over without calling
>>
>>35078192

i've got a grouchy 70 year old dad who's bad at firearms safety too. you gotta work the psychology.
>>
>>35077727
>He was an armored cavalry scout in the 60s but I don't think that gives him an excuse to do this.

Sorry..it does.
>>
I would wait until he was asleep and then disassemble the ammo and remover the powder and primers, replace the shot/bullet and put them back in his gun.
>>
>>35077737
Youre fucked
Your old man is fudd to death, someone elses untimely death that is
>>
>>35078287
my fucking sides

>>35077737
>"sounds like I gotta go hold court"
I want to emphasize he says this 3 times a week that I hear
>>
>>35078303
>03
>3
>times per week
Hes hoping a nigga would
>>
One day when he's just walking around the house with 'the judge' casually pointed at his leg make him sneeze. He'll learn his lesson
>>
>>35078233
Agreed.

Sounds like you're wasting your time and being a soft little bitch
>>
>>35077737
>he grunts and says sounds like I need to hold court

Fuck you, can he be my dad?
>>
>>35077727
>How do I correct this behavior

post your lame ass b.s. drivel somewhere else for starters

nobody believes that crap
>>
>>35077727

Your dad is a good guy. You're a pussy.

>I know I'm not the only one on here that walks around my house in a similar manner to OP's dad.
>>
>>35078664
neva' bin round fudds befo'
>>
>>35078867
>my 70 year old dad walks around the house with his Taurus Judge unholstered in his hand with his finger on the trigger.
> you can't believe this
> ok
>>
>>35078648
he probably is
>>
>>35077737
>Also, when he hears a bump in the night, he grunts and says "sounds like I gotta go hold court".
kek your dad sounds like a pisser.
>>
>>35077727
Why does he walk around the house carrying a gun in the first place?

>inb4 liberal noguns shill
>>
>>35077727
>be my dad
>is 59
>lives in Hawaii
>cc's a new York arms 1911 that's spray painted black in a fanny pack when ever he leaves his home
>his guns haven't been cleaned in literal decades
>he gives zero fucks

I really want to get him a iwb holster, but I know he's gonna go right back to his beat up dadcore fanny pack.

Any one know of any "tactical" fanny packs I can get my dad? He's a hard core mall ninja at heart so even better if it's in multimeme and coated in molle
>>
File: 1500953124158.png (53KB, 158x164px) Image search: [Google]
1500953124158.png
53KB, 158x164px
>>35077737
>I gotta go hold court
>>
>>35079560
Bro I saw you in another thread! I lived in Honolulu, an that sounds exactly my dad kek.
>>
>>35079485
Big county with no cops. Very rural area. Shit happens. 2 cops patrol an area the size of Manhattan.
>>
>>35079413

I can believe it and I approve of it.
>>
Your father has had his finger on the trigger and lived to be 70, what business do you have telling him what to do or what not to do?
>Sounds like I gotta go hold court
That's fuckin awesome, you're mad about nothing.
>>
>>35078867
> be me reading this
> shit OPs dad is a nutter
> realize my other hand is resting on my model 15 with my finger on the trigger.

The trigger thing is a great safety rule but revolver triggers are so heavy it isn't really the same.
>>
>>35079560
>>35079609
Fucking haoles
>>
>a look inside the mind of a "muh trigger discipwine" faggot
>>
>>35079560
Why even carry a gun If your just gonna give zero fucks about maintaining a functional weapon?
>>
>>35077727
hahahaha thats fucking awesome can we hang out with ur dad?
>>
>>35080915
You know how they say "load it on sunday and shoot it all week?" My dad unironically loads them in january and shoots them all year. Whenever I go fuck with his guns half of them have a spent casing or are half loaded from when he went hunting.
>>
>>35077737
worth the danger.
>>
>>35077727
>How do I correct this behavior, /k/?

You're not going to correct this behavior, especially since the guy is a 70-year old veteran. The only thing that can happen is if he ND's and has a change of heart about it, or if your holster idea works.
>>
>>35081279
i gotta be honest, he is the shit. he has an awesome sense of humor and has been good to everyone in his family. i'm glad that he's my dad and he's only doing this recently.

i saw him earlier and he had his finger off the trigger, i think me just calling him out on it meant alot. i played it up too much in my head. he just needed someone to say "hey, don't shoot your dick off" and then he was like "oh okay". if he just has it in his hand i honestly don't mind, main thing is i don't want him to slip up and hurt someone that doesn't need to be hurt.

today he told me a story,
> he said that he knew this old redneck whose wife was unhappy with him.
>His wife convinced him to go to a marriage counselor.
> She says to the therapist "he only has two real problems, he constantly picks his nose and when we have sex, he won't let me get on top".
> The counselor feels like he has an easy job, so he takes the redneck aside and says
> "well really you only have a couple of problems and your wife will be happy with you, all you gotta do is quit picking your nose and let her get on top when you have sex"
>. He says "sorry, I can't do that".
> The counselor says, "why not?".
>He says, "when my mama raised me, she said I had to do two things, ' keep your nose clean and don't fuck up' ".
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.