[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will this be a successful product? https://www.youtube.com/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 9

File: patria nemo container.jpg (197KB, 1200x894px) Image search: [Google]
patria nemo container.jpg
197KB, 1200x894px
Will this be a successful product?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLns_5xadtA
>>
>>35074204
I wouldn't want to put an unarmored truck within 6km of a firefight
>>
>>35074204
So, these are basically pre-fab bunkers? I know there's an old-ass Popular Mechanics article that had something sort of similar.
>>
I think it could do on assimetrical theatre. I don't think shooting this mortar from a truck without expdable legs is a stable platform though.
>>
>>35074204
It looks neat
>>
>>35074204
Asymmetrically sure, conventionally doubtful
Looks a wee big and difficult to protect from A2G systems, but it can probably dip fast enough to avoid being BTFO by ATGMs
>>
>>35074204
>MUH BATTLEBOXES
>>
File: finnish_man_autism_children.jpg (250KB, 1024x695px) Image search: [Google]
finnish_man_autism_children.jpg
250KB, 1024x695px
dumb because the cost is disproportionate to just adding tracks to the box and making it mobile

finns are retarded
>>
File: NEMO mortar on AMV.jpg (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
NEMO mortar on AMV.jpg
2MB, 2048x1536px
>>35075495
I mean you can always order the regular NEMO or AMOS for an integrated mortar weapon.

>>35074261
It's a 120mm mortar so you're looking at >10km range.
>>
>>35075507
120mm range is like max 7200m
>>
>>35075507
My point is how much cheaper really is the container without the truck. Seems like if youre going to build the turret just might as well attach it to the truck.

If it can fire while attached to the truck and if there were ways of attaching armor to the truch then it might be alright because it slightly increases logistical options but it seems a little bit corny and gimmicky to me in it's present form.

Maybe it will inspire better designs of modular systems in the future but I think this one is basically just a hyped up prototype. And patria really likes to market that sort of thing.

ALso i want to reiterate that "Muh independent strong finns" is a meme and finnish people are actually very cucked by their government and they are super leftist authoritarians and there is no negative connotations to tattle tailing in finland and there are police propaganda videos encouraging finnish children to rat their parents out to the police for hate speech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b54FmJ4nezM
>>
>>35074204
I'm not particularly enthused by any system that makes civillian trucks and boats potentially fully legitimate targets because any number of them could be loaded with a 120mm mortar if you don't take them out.
>>
>>35075580
Not at all, plenty of 120mm mortars out there that can punch out beyond 10km.

Depends on the mortar, shell and what charge they're using.

>>35075637
The idea is the container is platform agnostic, you can fit it on whatever truck or boat you want. Take it off and put it on another platform for whatever reason or chuck it in a FOB.

>>35075662
That's not any different today with all these technicals and ad-hoc AFVs that pop up in MENA.
>>
>>35075719
>The idea is the container is platform agnostic, you can fit it on whatever truck or boat you want. Take it off and put it on another platform for whatever reason or chuck it in a FOB.

Well i dont think they have reached the sophistication necessary to shoot the turret from the truck while it is moving at least. Seemed like the stability wasnt up to par but if it could be truly agnostic and shot from any platform then I think it's not such a bad idea.

Obviously modularity is a good thing almost always but i wonder if it would actually be that much cheaper than just leaving a truck parked in a FOB?
>>
File: ethan-hiley-rvn-ehiley-aw-006.jpg (192KB, 1920x918px) Image search: [Google]
ethan-hiley-rvn-ehiley-aw-006.jpg
192KB, 1920x918px
>>35075719
Yeah also it said "semi" automatic loading so it still needs a load master. Patria hasnt made the system truly sophisticated enough to be in the modern battlefield but they have a cool concept that will probably be copied and improved in the future.

Imagine if they could be remotely fired and a truck went around plopping little drone cannons all around the battlefield that would be some next level shiit.
>>
File: vv13_0.jpg (942KB, 1920x1250px) Image search: [Google]
vv13_0.jpg
942KB, 1920x1250px
Just another day at the office.
>>
File: Nemo-Container-resized.jpg (3MB, 4900x3261px) Image search: [Google]
Nemo-Container-resized.jpg
3MB, 4900x3261px
Seems like Patria developed this for the UAE, and they've got inquiries from other countries.

Container can be armoured and have CBRN protection according to what the customer wants.

100 shells, three crew, two loaders and a gunner.
>>
>>35075662
You could load 120mm mortars onto civilian trucks and boats now. It's only a few hundred kilograms.

>>35075768
They can't shoot moving with any accuracy but can set, perform a fire mission then run before any counterbattery can respond. Normal mortar carrier shit.

If you need mortars set up at a FOB it's a hell of a lot easier to just unload a mortar platoon with shovels and 8 tubes.
>>
File: mortar.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
mortar.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
What is this?
>>
>>35076054
>CBRN protection
>world ends
>stuck in a box

Sounds pretty awful since you cant drive yourself out of the situation if its busy being a box on the ground
>>
File: Kaliber_4-580x434.png (403KB, 580x434px) Image search: [Google]
Kaliber_4-580x434.png
403KB, 580x434px
the future of warfare is military stuffs disguised as civvies stuffs
>TFW container battleship
>>
>>35076361
this shit should be made very internationally illegal asap. civilian merchant crew are going to die if this becomes common practice, target by ships they are not even aware of becasue of the existence of weapons most of them wont have, but will be both dangerous enough are hard enough to detect that the threat of their presence will lead to standoff attack by navies. Not to mention that if such things are developed and sold some of them will be acquired by non-state actors and used to cause chaos. Imagine a cheap hajii transport loaded with a few of these pulls up next to a major port and just opens fire for 20 minutes before anyone can stop them.

theres a reason soldiers dressing as civilians is illegal, not becasue it makes finding them ahrd but because its gets civilians killed. Disguising a cannon or missiles as a shipping container and then hiding it on a freighter is exactly the same as "enemy combatant out of uniform"
>>
>>35076398
Let's be honest here; if any of the nations fielding this shit went to war, a lot of civilians would be dying anyway.
>>
>>35076398
You know about Q-ships? A big chunk of naval law going back centuries allows for this sort of thing.
>>
Who's actually bought the AMOS and NEMO?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.