[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys find yourselves looking back longingly on those days

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9

File: 559707689.jpg (150KB, 509x339px) Image search: [Google]
559707689.jpg
150KB, 509x339px
Do you guys find yourselves looking back longingly on those days as a kid with a pellet rifle just wandering around plinking and hunting birds and squirrels? If I could go to any time in my life it would be those days. I feel like to this day it's the feeling I'm trying to capture when I buy guns, and go into the woods in search of game and adventure.
>>
Bump for feels.
>>
I don't have those feels because I'm a 20 year old American male considering buying a pellet gun/air rifle as first shooting ever
>>
>>35073259
commonwealth dont know those feels
>>
Its not even like I grew up in the country, I lived in a suburb and my house backed onto a strip of land protected for drainage purposes. I wasn't allowed to have a pellet rifle until I found one at the dump. Every day after school I would go back there and play at bushcraft hunter. Made shitty stick shelters and shot squirrels. Got a rabbit once and my buddies and I made overnight shelters in the snow and cooked it over a fire.
>>
>>35073756
that would send parents to jail and kids to foster home these days
>>
>>35073774

There would have been just as much trouble then as now. I was lucky the neighbors didn't want to make waves and didn't think I was a psycho. They comment occasionally when I go home about how many more rabbits there are now in the neighborhood.
>>
>>35073259
had lib mom, never got those feels. Am just now getting to discover them
>>
>>35073561
goo luck dude. Theres a ton out there for good prices and good quality. Benjamin makes some nice ones if that helps. Ive been thinking of getting a Benjamin ( I could be spelling that wrong ) Raven pellet gun since it has a nice cheek weld for me.
>>
>>35073561
A .22LR would also be a good rifle if you want something with a little more power than a pellet gun
>>
>>35073259
>Do you guys find yourselves looking back longingly on those days as a kid with a pellet rifle just wandering around plinking and hunting birds and squirrels?

I had a Red Ryder BB gun when I was about 7 or 8, but it was when I was 12, my Pops gave me a 10/22 for my B-day. Most of my friends had 10/22's, too, and I lived in suburban SoCal back when the weeds and empty canyons were only a mile or two away.

3-4 of us would strap our Rugers on our bicycle handlebars using the rubber bands we used for newspaper deliveries, and ride through town on our way to the empty canyons on the outskirts.

A Sheriff's Deputy waved us over one Saturday morning, he was friendly, but checked our rifles to make sure we didn't have magazines in and the bolts were locked open. He asked us "What's the first three rules?" Uh, a gun is always loaded, point your gun in a safe direction, keep your finger off the trigger until you're ready to shoot...

He smiled and wrote down the approximate area we were heading, told us to watch for rattlesnakes, and pointed out the nearest payphone.

We'd head out to this box canyon, and mag dump on anything that moved, except for raptors, native songbirds, and tortoises. Everything else got shot to pieces.

The very best times of my life were with a couple buddies and a few bricks of .22s when I was a kid.

Those days are long gone.
>>
I plan on giving my old Red Ryder to my off spring. what's a good age I should give it to them?
>>
>>35073259
>>35073259
>>35073259
When I was a kid I romped around our huge backyard in the San Bernadino Mountains. I canoed a bird with my pellet gun and was super proud. Then I felt like shit. Later I got a Benjamin Disovery (best budget pcp) w/pump and bought a suppresor for it. You hear the click and that's it, I highly recommend.
>>
>>35073561
Do it, that's about when I got into guns. Couldn't be happier
>>
>>35073259
It was a single shot .410, but yeah, I do miss it.
>>
>>35073259
>hurting birds and squirrels with pallets for fun

Subhuman trash.
>>
File: download.jpg (8KB, 266x190px)
download.jpg
8KB, 266x190px
>>35076450
>There's one, Bobby!
>I'll get 'im!
>Pneumatic pump spools up
>Loud, vacuum-like noise
>Bird is spooked, takes flight
>too late
>Pa-CHOOONK!
>Pallet intercepts with deadly authority
>*squitch!*
>Bird dies instantly
>Newly boneless body wrapped around a single board
>Nice shot Bobby!
>I miss my Pallet Gun
>>
File: mad-dog-1-759x419.png (357KB, 759x419px)
mad-dog-1-759x419.png
357KB, 759x419px
>>35076497
>>
>>35073561
Do it. For a starter the 1377 is worth looking at. You can get it with a detachable stock, so can practice with it as a rifle or pistol.

If you actually practice with it you'll be miles ahead of all the people with 22s they dust off 4x a year.
>>
>>35073259

Never owned a pellet gun. Was gifted a 22 at 8, was able to keep it and the ammo when I was 12.
>>
>>35077302
>1377
>not qb79
That's for BABIEs
>>
I'm 22 and saving up for the opportunity to do this now, at least some of you got it early
>>
>>35074148
This 20 year old anon. Unless you have extreme restrictions on shooting, you'll just want to bump up. I'm not one to always tell beginners to start with a .22 either, but in your case I'd take it over the pellet. Shooting a .22 short kind of is like a pellet gun.
>>
no because videogames are more fun
>>
>>35077452
i don't have opportunity to go to a range often
>>
My parents were anti gun.

I never got Nerf guns, airsoft, paintball, my mom shattered a water pistol with a hammer because it looked like a real gun.

My first gun was an ar-15

I didn't even particularly want it. I saw that I could build the piece by piece and I like building shit like that so i just did it
>>
>>35073259
>tfw 10 and grandpa gets me a sweet crossman pump bb gun with a super high quality 3x scope on it
>tfw become slayer of small birds in my suburban back yard
>the thirst for the hunt is to great though, I just expand my hunting grounds
>live next to a big patch of desert where there is plenty of critters to claim
>best friend also acquired same bb gun
>construct a snipers hide using all of the trash people dump over there
>sniper spotter team is a go
>murder all the animals
>even the stink bugs
>make an altar to khorne with all the bodies
>neighbors must have noticed one day and called the popo
>popo arrive just as my buddy and I get back from offering blood to the blood god
>they ask us what we are up to
>tell them we're shooting critters out in the field down the street
>tell them we are making sure to wear eye pro and only shooting in a safe direction because we had good fathers
>they compliment our rifles and talk about the ones they owned when they were youngins
>tell us to stay off drugs and be safe and goes on their merry way

I feel like that situation would have been slightly different these days.

>tfw that was 20 years ago in cuckifornia
>>
When I got into guns I was the only person I knew who wanted to shoot. No family, no friends, yurop. As it later turned out a bunch of neighbors also had stuff, my teacher at evening school's son had one and now I go to competition and know a couple dozen people.

It's not legal to shoot random birds, even if they're eating your harvest. Even killing a pigeon can technically be fined with some 100 euro, not that a cop would actually care what I do. I don't feel the need to kill them suckers anyway.

I do take my air gun behind the house sometimes to meditate and put some lead in some wood.

I do miss the early days tho, when I bought a new gun every 6 months. Money got tight and I'm paying off debts + saving up for something expensive now (nice AR with reasonable price optics)
>>
>>35077302
Is 1322 worth the fps hit?
>>
File: Subhuman Trash.jpg (45KB, 640x424px)
Subhuman Trash.jpg
45KB, 640x424px
>>35077545
You and your friend would have been executed at the hands of an angry god if this would have occurred today.
>>
>>35077565
I would say stick with the .177
Only advantage the .22 brings is for taking small game, and it's a marginal setup for game. So for just plinking, get the .177 for cheaper shooting.
>>
>>35077452
Insaniry
>>
>>35077729
You can still do game with a 177 anyway
>>
>>35077432
Why a qb79? It's more expensive and you need your own co2
>>
>>35077729
>>35077741
BUT
I
CAN'T
KILL A MAN WITH .177
>>
I'm a firm believer that a first pellet gun should be a break barrel .177.

No gas, and much faster than pump, usually built better than pump guns, easy to check the bore for obstructions/cleaning and springers require more effort to shoot accurately which will benefit you forever in your shooting life
>>
In about 6th grade my buddy would come over every weekend. We had one of those little shitty pump up pellet guns and we would kill around 10 rabbits every weekend. I think we exterminated our local population though because I haven't seen a single rabbit in about 7 years
>>
>>35077872
I can't kill a man with .177
That's too expensive
>>
>>35077872
the downside of the breakbarrel is the artillery hold necessary for max accuracy.

The pneumatics benefit from the same hold. And I'm a firm believer that accuracy > FPS.
>>
>>35078002

1 Can't kill a man with .22 pellet any better. If you're seriously limiting based on this you're a moron.

2 all modern air rifles are shit so you should be buying used anyways. If you're patient you can find a nice old air rifle for under $100
>>
>>35078096

Its more a quality thing for me. For the same money I find the pump guns are usually flimsy and have lots of plastic, but loads of older breakbarrels are wood and steel and last forever. All my pump guns have stripped screws and cracked bits bit the springers just get cosmetic scuffs and rust
>>
>tfw running around in the hills behind my house setting cans up to shoot and making rock forts
>deciding whether id pretend to be a cowboy or an armyman
>going on big adventures with my friends out into the middle of nowhere with our bb guns
>had a pellet gun that looked like dads 9 and thought i was cool as shit because of it
>got so good with my bb gun i could shoot a dandelion stem in half
>that christmas morning where grandpa gave me his childhood 22 he restored just for me with my dad
>tfw i can never go back and even when i have kids if i let them do any of that I'll have them taken away so i cant even watch them do it

I dont want to live on this planet anymore
>>
Occasionally I would take family trips to my aunt's house up in rural Alabama. My father and I would take early morning walks with my Daisy Red Rider BB gun and would plink at cans or stumps on the side of the road. Maybe the occasional squirrel or pigeon.
>>
What is with this meme of if your kids play with guns you go to jail? Same rules have always applied, do it in the woods, don't break people's stuff and don't get caught shooting animals you shouldn't be.

You better believe that my kids will get BB guns and .22's (if they want them, it's definitely not for everyone) and leniency from me for using them.
>>
Never enjoyed being a kid, seriously just felt like waiting until I was old enough to join the infantry.

Then a thousand hours of don't rape power points, followed by being treated like a retarded child ruined that whole experience.

Literally the shit is so badly ran that they can make being at a range with pop up AND moving targets suck.

However I do occasionally catch I'll myself reminiscing of being deployed.
>>
>>35079029
>they can make being at a range with pop up AND moving targets suck.

I've heard this from multiple vets anon. I believe you guys but...damn that takes talent.
>>
File: 1445040653604.jpg (45KB, 291x280px)
1445040653604.jpg
45KB, 291x280px
>>35073259
>the feeling I'm trying to capture when I buy guns
I remember the feeling of getting a new air soft gun and sitting in my backyard shooting different targets for hours, picking up my BBs and using them over and over until they disintegrated.
>>
File: 1440267222977.jpg (72KB, 601x384px)
1440267222977.jpg
72KB, 601x384px
>>35076497
Toppest kek
>>
File: Lol.jpg (10KB, 276x230px)
Lol.jpg
10KB, 276x230px
>>35076497
>>
>>35073583
I did this loads as a kid and I'm Canadian
>>
>>35077502
What do they think?
>>
>>35077502
This is America Anon. "I wanted to" is all the justification you need.
>>
File: 1504454450447s.jpg (12KB, 227x250px)
1504454450447s.jpg
12KB, 227x250px
>>35073561
Hatsan 95
>>
>>35077545

You and your friend would have been shot dead nowadays
>>
>me and two brothers get crossman pumps, that could shoot bb's or hand loaded pellets.
>adventure in woods all around house with neighbors.
>popping grandpaws squirrels cause he fed dozens of them in his front yard.
>loaded 3-7 bb's at once and shotgun blastin' bumblebees.

Gud times.

I just bought a kabar and a tomahawk to go play in the woods with those days havn't passed bois only your imagination. You could probably fuck around a lot more if you just got a pellet gun to play with honestly. Even a .22 would be reckless to shoot willy-nilly you either scare everything away or risk shooting over some houses.
>>
>>35079986
Hatsan are quite good for the price I got myself a hatsan 135
>>
>>35073259
I'm 33, bought my first rifle a few months ago and am going squirrel hunting next month. Feels good man.
>>
>>35078140
Where can I get such a gun for cheap
>>
>>35081333

Finding deals always takes time and dedication to checking often, but Airgun forums and gun forums in general are alright but you need to be quick to pick up the keepers, gun stores don't get them often, but almost always let them go cheap, same with pawn shops and "antique" markets. Always haggle, 200$ becomes $150 all the time.

Basically be patient, and be open to getting whatever comes up. That's how I operate for all my toys and clothes. Check often!
>>
>>35081636

That's fine, but when you, like everybody else wants more guns, remember these tricks.
>>
>>35081712
No man I give up I won't buy anything after all
>>
>>35073259
>Do you guys find yourselves looking back longingly on those days as a kid with a pellet rifle just wandering around plinking and hunting birds and squirrels?
Yes. Though I rarely shot at anything living. What I really want is some sort of shorter integrally suppressed rifle in a pistol caliber with smooth lines (ie, the suppressor isn't bulky and messing up the lines of the gun) and some sort of manual action because I feel like it could best capture the feeling of using my old BB gun while being a real gun. I really hope the hearing protection act passes (even though it very likely won't) so I can make it happen, as I really don't want to deal with all the bullshit an NFA item brings with it.
>>
File: 20170509_220313.jpg (1MB, 2340x4160px)
20170509_220313.jpg
1MB, 2340x4160px
>>35081814

my nigga.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.