[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a hasgunz bong seriously thinking of moving to america.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: nervous doggo.jpg (67KB, 650x487px) Image search: [Google]
nervous doggo.jpg
67KB, 650x487px
I'm a hasgunz bong seriously thinking of moving to america. Anyone have experience with transferring their registered gats from yurop to the US? What's the most /k/ state?
>>
>>35072161
Vermont, despite being blue you can conceal carry without a permit starting at 16, even without parent's permission

You can also buy guns at 16 as long as you're not buying from a FFL dealer
>>
>>35072161
>I'm a hasgunz bong seriously thinking of moving to america. Anyone have experience with transferring their registered gats from yurop to the US? What's the most /k/ state?

Its damn near impossible to even send an antique flintlock there. Forget about it
>>
>>35072548
>>35072563
Don't listen to those idiots.

Check with the BATF. There are a few forms you need to fill out, but it's not impossible.
>>
>>35072161
Also Vermont has a low crime rate
>>35072586
That's not nice
>>
you can probably get a better version of whatever you have here desu
>>
>>35072161
i'm not a common /k/ poster but my home state of Virginia has fairly good laws (or so i'm told / have read)
>>
>>35072596
And you eat paint chips.
>>
>thinks he can just pack up and move to the US
lol good luck
>>
>>35072161
Dunno what's with the Vermont shills, but here.
https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/may-licensee-who-does-not-have-importer’s-license-make-occasional-importation

FUCK Vermont btw.
Low crime doesn't mean shit in a blue state. You'd potentially have the tide shift in all of one election year.
>>
>>35072586
>Don't listen to those idiots

You can listen or not listen. There are almost zero dealers in antique forearms who will deal with shipping to the US from the UK or EU countries, even for a flintlock because it is a fucking nightmare. Now being a head up your own arse known it all zit infested retard who inhabits here from a US perspective to you it's
a few forms for the BATF (which of course DOES NOT CONTROL EXPORTS OF FIREARMS *FROM* THE UK) but this is the spot you havr to get to the place of hurt. YOu know literally nothing about the process, have never done it or tried to as a UK or EU country citizen and none of the google searching and bullshit in the world will ever get you past the point of being a complete bullshit vendor. And given your tone your actually are unlikely to know anything much from first hand experience.

OP its a fucking colossal pain to even export a musket from the UK to the US. Don't bother.
>>
>>35074117
>You can listen or not listen. There are almost zero dealers in antique forearms who will deal with shipping to the US from the UK or EU countries, even for a flintlock because it is a fucking nightmare.
Thanks for letting us know you have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

Under US law, any gun made before 1899, along with any black powder guns no matter when they were manufactured, are not legally firearms at all. They require no background check, no FFL, no dealer, no registration, no records, no nothing - they can be mailed straight to your door. As long as they're unloaded, you can mail them to yourself in the USA, or even carry them in your checked baggage on a flight, and the US government couldn't care less.
>>
>>35074355
>responding with US import law
>ignoring that >>35074117 is talking about UK export law
Yeah you can get the guns if you can get them on the shipping boat, but it's the exit customs that they're saying are a PITA. Read, for fuck sake.
>>
>>35072161
>bong
Please stay. Bongs are cunts, not as bad as Canadians but still just stay. They'll need you when the muzzies decide to really kick shit off.
>>
>>35072700
It's just a 1973 Anschutz target rifle but I'm sentimental for it because my parents bought it for me when I turned 18.
>>
>>35072161
"sell" it to a mate
move to US
"buy" it back from mate and import it
>>
File: 1503055486030.jpg (81KB, 800x528px) Image search: [Google]
1503055486030.jpg
81KB, 800x528px
>>35072161

OP, I don't know what to tell you on shipping, from what I've heard it's very difficult but if they are what the ATF considers sporting guns, basically bolt guns and manual action shotguns with barrels greater than 16 inches, I'd imagine it's doable.

As far as which state, dont listen to most posts, you pretty much have to search the known good states' gun laws and find which ones you like the most. Even the most gun friendly states have a few retarded laws in each place. In my state, Oklahoma, it's very gun friendly on all the major issues but there's laws, mostly archaic that haven't been taken off the books yet, that say you can't defend yourself with a home made weapon (you can build one of course though), you can't have any alcohol in your system if you want to carry or I think even defend yourself (the jury will probably be nice and throw that out), and the calibers you can hunt with don't make a lot of sense. I can hunt deer with a 223 and can only have 10 round mags but I can use an AK in 7.62x39 and have 30 rounds also 38 special is okay to hunt with but not 9mm. Find the state with the most important laws for you.

You have to deal with other bullshit laws from state to state and the climate. In Oklahoma, liquor stores close at 9pm, can't sell anything refrigerated, and aren't open on Sundays but in Arkansas they're fine. You can buy reduced % alcohol cold in Oklahoma but that sucks. Then, over to climate, I fucking hate humidity, this state is awful on that you have no idea what it's like to see 80 degrees on a thermometer but still be on the verge of dying in the shade because it feels like 110. Bible belt states are going to be bad on the archaic stupid laws but good with guns, the social freedom states attract liberals who try to ban guns like we've seen in Colorado, choose wisely.

I'm thinking I might end up in Idaho based on what Ive heard and read of they have what clicks with my tastes; especially for long range hunting.
>>
>>35072161
>transferring their registered gats from yurop to the US?
Incredibly expensive, restrictive, and time consuming on the US end. I suspect your export laws are just as bad. Don't bother really as there's not really anything you have there that would a) be importable b.) not be available here.
What's the most /k/ state?
Alaska by far. Arizona is also damn good but there's a shit ton of boomers and spics. Arizona would be a good move as we need more people voting Republican there. Also fuck John McCain.

I'm from Texas personally. It's a shitshow of rude statist retards despite the crowing about freedom and hospitality. Would not move here at all. Amarillo isn't bad but it's basically Oklahoma anyway and it's rapidly turning rabid lib due to massive influx of Californians buying cheap real estate. Lots of water availability issues there too.

If AZ is too desert for you (and you don't realize there's mountains there), Idaho or Florida are good options.
>>
Florida's good. Lots of Brits in Florida. Unlike the Brits that go to New York they aren't leftists, either, and most take to Florida really well. Maybe its the alcoholism and violent brown people that makes them feel at home.

Don't be tempted to move to a place solely because of its gun laws. Alaska has great laws, but it's also a dump. Wyoming is fine but no one lives there and it's basically just an ongoing civil engineering effort against nature. Stick to the East Coast, you've got pretty much every combination of weather and laws there that you can imagine.

Your priorities:

1. Finding a job.
2. Doing all the paperwork for emigration
3. Moving
4. Sorting the important things, like somewhere to live. Know the law.
5. Now do what you want

Sell the antiques. In fact, sell everything. Actually bringing things into America is a nightmare, unless you're bringing in drugs or women through Mexico which is really easy and people will have sympathy for you.
>>
>>35076653
Keep it at your RFD and then he'll do a transfer to your American FFL. It is possible.

You might have a problem with citizenship/residency. Speak to the ATF. Alternatively transfer the rifle to a trusted friend and do the above transfer when you're settled.
>>
>>35072161
It's literally retarded to spend money and effort shipping firearms to different countries. Especially when the country you are shipping them to is the land of the free where guns are a diamond dozen.
>>
>>35072548
>>35072596
Shut up Styx
>>
File: 1478283508330.jpg (121KB, 797x522px) Image search: [Google]
1478283508330.jpg
121KB, 797x522px
>>35079069
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.