[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me, /k/ - would you trade a 1970's-era Colt Combat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: Colt.jpg (686KB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
Colt.jpg
686KB, 2272x1704px
Tell me, /k/ - would you trade a 1970's-era Colt Combat Commander .45 ACP handgun for a Colt LE6920 AR with a generic scope (under $200 for a new one) and a couple extra magazines? Or will the handgun hold its value better over time?
>>
>>35070793
Handgun (especially Ponies) will hold its value far more than some diamond dozen AR.
>>
>>35070793
No
>>
Theyre very close price wise, but ud probably keep the 1911. The main reason being the current ar market is in a big glut and ARs are a dime a dozen. But if you dint have a rifle ir AR, make the trade.
>>
Colt rifles are decent but old colt pistols are the cats ass.

I wouldn't trade one for a late model colt pistol either.
>>
>>35070793
That Colt is far more special than a Colt AR. The AR may even lose value as time goes on, but that 1911 will never lose value
>>
>>35070793
I'd rather have the handgun and a cheap Ruger AR556 for $400 desu. I don't really see the point in mid market $700-1500 AR15s. The good ones, LMT and KAC are the only guys doing things better than the poorfag PSA/Ruger/S&W options out there.
>>
>>35070815
>diamond dozen

This is the intelligence of the average /k/ommando. Disregard all opinions provided here.
>>
No. You need to get down to the bass tax here. Someone wants that Colt and wants rid of their own. Keep hold of the .45, it'll hold its value much better and potentially increase.
>>
>>35070921
It's a meme you dip
>>
>>35070940
>brass tax
>not brass tacks

This is the intelligence of the average /k/ommando. Disregard all opinions provided here.
>>
>>35070921
Hello newfriend
>>
>>35070953
>>35070945
>haha its a meme! im not actually fucking retarded, is just meme!

Cancer as fuck. Sorry about your autism.
>>
>>35070968
Quick question. Do your parents know about your raging homosexuality?
>>
>>35070991
>having parents

lmao
>>
>>35070968
Isn't summer over already? Why are you still here?
>>
>>35070991
>>35071005

The irony is real. The "DIAMOND DOZEN/BRASS TAX" "it's just a meme!! i'm not actually retarded!!!" guys are going to "le summer" meme me.

The summer meme died in 2011. You're clearly the one who needs to go back. /leddit/
>>
>>35070940
>bass tax
>>
>>35071024
How many levels of memery are we on right now?
>>
>>35070793
Keep the pistol. We're going to be seeing plenty more AR sales at least until next year. And by then, prices in ARs will go down to what the new norm will be until at least 2020.

tl:dr Keep pistol, buy cheap 6920 later.
>>
File: 1493256962110.jpg (35KB, 367x360px) Image search: [Google]
1493256962110.jpg
35KB, 367x360px
>>35071047
>>
>>35071024
>unironically ironic unirony

Not bad, son
>>
>>35070793
Keep handgun it will appreciate in value.AR market is still waiting to bottom out.
>>
So what IS the medium-term future for the AR market? Continued saturation? Or will prices bottom out soon and rise back up? But yeah, 70's pistols are NOT a growing commodity - and unlike nuggets, I don't think there are any vast preserved troves of them waiting to be discovered and sold.
>>
>>35070793
Hold on to your 1911. Colt ARs are nothing special.
>>
>>35070793
I'd keep it. But I'd really have to hate a gun to get rid of it. I say just keep adding to the pile and never get rid of anything.
>>
>>35071033
>>35070968

Allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people sprouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.

Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.
>>
File: 1501181570612.jpg (95KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1501181570612.jpg
95KB, 300x300px
>>35073217
I have been looking for this pasta.
>>
>>35070968
Nice salt
>>
File: 1491419861437.jpg (47KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1491419861437.jpg
47KB, 500x375px
>>35070815
>diamond dozen
>>
>>35070793
Yes sell that jamomatic, there's a reason 45AARP is antiquated as far as service weapons.
>>
If the pistol is in good condition and you never plan on shooting it ever, I'd hang on to it.

If you don't have an AR I'd probably consider if it's NiB, fuck scopes and mags. Bit of a colt fanboy though so it'd be worth it to me.

People are only ever going to keep going after getting AR's banned. With places like NY and CA alreadying fucking up "features" being legal or not I would either get a decent if not cheaper lower receiver in case they got outright banned since older ones would be grandfathered in, it'd be pretty useless in a compliant variant. Having a nice AR would just be pointless to me in that configuration I'd just get a different type of rifle, just a somewhat decent receiver that 'counts' as the gun would be enough.
The handgun would be way more valuable to me in that situation.
>>
>>35073217
if this has not triggered that guy we have failed in our holy mission
>>
>>35073217
Reeee. This is awful but my autism appreciates the work behind this pasta.
>>
>>35073217
When it's obvious memery I'm not going to get triggered. But the first two posts were genuine examples of idiots being idiots.
>>
>>35077980
lmao no, you're a dumbass.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.