[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this board so fast So if I'm left eye dominant but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: ohmygodd.png (799KB, 1260x655px) Image search: [Google]
ohmygodd.png
799KB, 1260x655px
Why is this board so fast

So if I'm left eye dominant but right handed there's no way to make that work on a rifle?

I don't want the dream of getting slapped in the face with brass
>>
>>35070220
Ways for a left-eye dominant person to shoot a right-handed rifle, and actually hit shit:
>close the left eye
or
>shoot left-handed and deal with brass and gas to the face if a repeater

I'm also cross-eye dominant. I simply close my left eye. Yes, this fucks with your field of view. Yes, this (minorly) fucks with your depth perception, although you can get around this by closing it at the last second. No, it does not preclude being able to shoot both-eyes-open with optics, you still get the reticle in view.
>>
>>35070220
I have the same issue, just chose to shoot left handed. Bolt guns can be a little awkward sometimes, but after a while - assuming you don't switch hands and stances frequently - it just becomes second nature.
>>
>>35070220
Just aim with your right eye, christ why do people have so much trouble with this.
>>
>>35070220
Weird thing I've found. I have a retro sort of AR with a fixed carry handle that I've stuck a red dot on top of. If I shoot it right handed and tilt my head off to the side, I have a cheekweld with my right cheek and my left eye is lined up almost perfectly with the optic. It's not the fanciest or tacticalest thing you can do, but it isn't uncomfortable.
>>
>>35070613
Because aiming with the right eye is noticeably worse hence dominance
>>
>>35070220
I'm cross-dominant and I just shoot left handed since my left eye has slightly better vision too. It feels awkward for a while but becomes a lot easier.
>>
>>35070541
I've got that same problem too, but I deal with it the other way around,
start with closing left eye then open, almost always my right eye stays dominant.
>>
>>35070622
You just close your left eye. If one eye has worse vision than the other, which is not a "dominance" issue, then the person should go to an optometrist for corrective lenses.
>>
>>35070541
If your left eye dominant how does putting 100% of the work on your shitty eye improve anything?
>>
>>35070220
You dont get brass or anything else in your face shooting left handed for fucks sake. It's easy. Just. Shoot. Left. Handed.
>>
>>35070786
How could one eye "aim" better than the other? Eye dominance relates to which which image of an out-of-focus object, such as a target in your sights, is more dominant. If you close one eye there is only be one image to aim at, otherwise with practice you can teach yourself to aim at the non-dominant image if you want to shoot with both eyes open. If one eye just sees better than the other you should seek corrective lenses, they will better your life in many ways.
>>
>>35070220
>So if I'm left eye dominant but right handed there's no way to make that work on a rifle?
I did it all the time, one or both eyes open. You just need to learn how to shift focus.
>>
>>35070220
>keep both eyes open to aquire targets
>aquire target, close left eye
>aim, shoot
>repeat
>>
>>35070797
Autism, the post.
>>
>>35070797
Fun fact: it is usually non dominant eye that has better vision acuity.
>>
>>35070220
>Why is this board so fast
The huge influx of redditors. Seriously, go check out the generals for example, half of them have reddit accounts and ALL of them dick around on barfcom, etc.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.