[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Glock loses the Army's pistol contest because "not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 9

File: GLOCK17.jpg (26KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
GLOCK17.jpg
26KB, 640x427px
>Glock loses the Army's pistol contest because "not modular enough"
>comes with 4 backstraps
>can easily and quickly change barrels
>Army is only going to use 9mm anyway

What gives? How much did Sig pay the Army to skip half of the testing anyway?
>>
>>35070035
>can easily and quickly change barrels

You need to be able to change calibers, and the glock requires you to change the trigger pack for that which requires tools.
>>
>>35070035
how the fuck is being able to change a backstrap similarly modular to what the sig does?
>>
>>35070035
the sig is better in all those departments
>>
>>35070058
>Its so easy to change calibers on a glock even though thats not actually true.
>>
>>35070035
>glock sends a regular glock brand glock with a safety
>lmao we'll just add the rest of the requirements when we win the contract
>just like with the fbi bro
>>
File: IMG_6657.jpg (40KB, 400x546px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6657.jpg
40KB, 400x546px
But op, the army already has a grenade!
>>
File: IMG_0240.jpg (63KB, 600x336px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0240.jpg
63KB, 600x336px
>>35070058
The only reason anybody ever needs to change the frame is because their hands are too small. Changing the back straps addresses the problem without having to spend on an entire frame replacement.

Sigshit is a meme and they are the new Taurus
>>
The Sig won because of the trigger pack and how stupidly simple it is to change calibres, frames, etc. Glocks need tools and are nowhere as easy to change calibres with.

Have you ever worked on or shot a Glock before? They're good guns, but it wasn't what the Army was looking for.
>>
>>35070084
reddit's two blocks down
>>
>>35070054
Confirmed for knownothing moron
>>
>>35070106
Is that where I can find the Sig PR team that seems to have swamped this thread?
>>
>>35070116
Except its true. The 9mms have their own ejector you stupid prick. Buy some guns and look at them you dumbfuck.
>>
>>35070097
>it needs tools!!11xD

Have you ever worked on or shot a Glock before? The only tool required for a complete detail strip is 5/32 punch
>>
>>35070106
Denial is unhealthy anon
>>
>>35070054
>>35070097
The Army is never going to need that function. Screencap this if you dont believe me.
>>
>>35070138
Thats cool, but that still isn't good. You don't want GI Joe losing parts in the desert.
>>
>>35070137
You don't change calibers on a 9mm Glock considering the ID of the barrel cut on the slide. You do change .40SW calibers, and the .40 ejector and extractor both work fine for 9mm and .357
>>
>>35070151
This. The Sig P320 will only ever be in 9mm NATO just like all other NATO country pistols.
>>
>>35070151
I believe you, but the army wanted it, and glock tried pulling an apple.
>>
>>35070155
Because GI joe is bringing along SIG320 frames, barrels, and magazines and slides to the desert? Sure thing
>>
>>35070171
Fair enough
>>
>>35070035
I work in public procurement. Not USA, but similar system.
Defense procurement is absolutely fucked. Procurement officials often have a certain preference, write their selection/award criteria in such a way that most competition is excluded completely. When that fails, they interpret their own award criteria in such a way that they can give the contract to the one undertaking they want all along.

So at the best, there's a Sig fanboy in the Defence department. At the worst, there's a huge conflict of interest or bribery
>>
>>35070160
>You do change .40SW calibers, and the .40 ejector and extractor both work fine for 9mm and .357

You do not get good reliability with the .40 ejector on 9mm guns. Glock will tell you that. Its ok to use at the range, but thats it.
>>
>>35070175
No he isn't, but the army still wants easy modularity. see>>35070171
>>
>>35070084
OH so you've never shot a gun
>>
>>35070035
SIG won because of price.
>>
>>35070207

This is super interesing to me.

Please post more about your job, friend.
>>
>ANOTHER assmad Glocksucker thread
You queers sure do like being upset over shit you don't have a hand in. And looking at the gross misinformation, most of you don't know/have never read either the XM17 white paper, or the results discussion. I'm also starting to come to the idea that most of you don't own/can't own a Glock because you're either mentally incompetent, or a child. Have fun with..whatever it is you think you're accomplishing here I guess.
>>
File: 1496589723112.gif (2MB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1496589723112.gif
2MB, 350x350px
I don't understand what you're asking.

>why did it lose?

You said it yourself
>not modular enough

The army gave specific requirements that they wanted, which Glock didn't meet. They thought they could ride in on "Perfection," didn't produce what was asked for, and got buttblasted when the manufacturer that actually listened and met the requirements, won.
>>
>ability to change calibers

The only nato pistol cartridge is 9mm anyway.
>>
>>35070207
That sounds very familiar to the Canadian procurement system that I am familiar with my dude.
>>
>>35070207
I second >>35070545. I wish to know more.
>>
>what gives?

Glock was lazy and didn't read the spec sheets.
>>
>>35070035
You want to know the real answer? Squaddies break shit that shouldn't break.
With the SIG, if you crack the frame you just drop the entire mechanism into a new one in about 10 fucking seconds.
>>
>>35070545
>>35070946
Huh, never knew public procurement was familiair on /k/. Tbh I personally work in healthcare and municipality/state procurement, so no defense stories. My post was based on experience with regular procurement, co-workers experience in defense, and simple logic.

Basically, procurement officials often wish to go with a safe choice. Most often, thats the undertaking they already contract. For example:
>school conglomerate puts out contract notice for a big accountancy contract
>as usual, only the big 4 accountancy firms submit a tender
>school awards contract based on 50% price, 40% quality, 10% sustainable development
>price component is easy as accountant work is highly standardised, so they all offer about the same. Big difference is in hourly rates
>quality component is judged by evaluating the plans, proposals and 'innovative' solutions by the firms
>the current accountancy firm has the highest hourly rate, so automatically is a step behind
>their proposals are shit.
>as in, they didn't put any effort into their bid. Just rehashed regular commercial brochures
>STILL: the school grants them the highest points and provide a bullshit excuse
>somehow, the old firm wins the contract even though its more expensive

This all happens because the school knows the people at that firm and feel safe. Why change? Not their problem that it costs extra money.

This risk of artificially limiting competition by advantaging certain economic operators is retarded, but often occurs.
Now imagine this problem with DEFENSE procurement. The problems increase tenfold. Why?
>lack of transparency in defense procurement due to safety concerns lead to a bigger risk of abuse
>military industry is huge and is able to influence government officials
>its the military, so people want to play it safe
>again, lack of transparency, due to the highly specific and vague requirements of the military.

I got some stories on normal procurement, but thats hardly /k/ related.
>>
>>35070058
Because the army is never going to let anyone use anything but the basic bitch full-sized default grip shell

Because a changeable backstrap at the most needs a pin to be drifted to change it grip circumference and is industry standard.

Sig won because they sold these pieces of shit to the army for $230 dollarydoos a unit.
>>
>>35070035

Because striker fired pistols are a work of Austrian satanism.
>>
>>35070035
SIG offered a cheaper price for the contract and performed about the same.
>>
File: 1497467002390.png (171KB, 374x347px) Image search: [Google]
1497467002390.png
171KB, 374x347px
>>35070035
why would you need a modular grenade???
>>
>>35071394
Oh i got you senpai

I work for a municipality and deal with this all the time.

My town recently wanted to buy new ambulances and new cots. They wanted a specific brand of ambulance and cot

When we wrote the bid spec we included some features that are currently only offered by one manufacturer to ensure that we got what we wanted. We didnt need those specific features, but we knew that since no one else had it, they couldnt win. Airbags inside the patient compartment for crash protection and a self loading cot with a mechanism that detached from the cot itself,

This happens all the time, weve done the same with gas masks, cop cars, ballistic vests, hydraulic rescue tools, hazmat equipment and training, ect
>>
>>35071394
My question is how this fits in with the MHS saga. It's true that Glock, despite having huge LE market share and countless contracts with foreign militaries, doesn't actually have an extremely strong presence with the US military. They have some smaller contracts with certain SF units, and that's it. At the same time though, Sig doesn't have a big presence either. Has the military adopted anything of theirs aside from the P226?
>>
>>35071397
the requirements were tailored to make Sig's P320 win.
>>
>>35070035
>How much did Sig pay the Army to skip half of the testing anyway?

About $100 million.
>>
>>35070207
Fascinating story, shame that Glock lost because they cost ~50% more while being at best on par with the competition.
>>
>>35071482
Because they are $230 a unit
>>
>>35071482
The Sig didn't win because it was more modular than the Glock.
>>
>>35070640
The best part is how Glockfags keep lying to themselves that the Army skipped half the testing.
>>
>>35071441
>When we wrote the bid spec we included some features that are currently only offered by one manufacturer

This honestly pisses me off at work. There is nothing to be gained by this behaviour but hey, at least you know what you buy. Which is completely the opposite of the goals of public procurement.

I work as a legal advisor at a consultancy firm that basically takes over the entire procurement department from small municipalities. EU procurement law is kinda tricky in this regard and contains loads of technical rules. Which makes it fun for me but difficult for layman.

We do have one rule that is helpfull here. We can't demand specific brands, which makes sense. However, we often do something like this: Minimum processor quality must be Intel Core i3 (idk) OR EQUIVALENT. Which supposedly has to improve competition.

On ambulances, we do have some case-law in which a municipality was punished for abusing their award criteria. They basically could choose between a known, 'national champion' or a foreign undertaking. Foreign undertaking was better in every regard, clearly, and still the national undertaking won. Love this cat and mouse game between the legislator and contracting authorities.

>>35071516
Eh, you might be right. I was writing under the assumption that shenanigans were going on based on OPs post. Literally know nothing about this specific procedure.
>>
>>35071172
You can literally do the exact same thing with a glock.
>>
>>35071593
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/07/09/mhs-failure-sig-vs-glock-depth-analysis/
>>
>>35071625
>if you crack the frame on a glock you just get a new serial number
>>
>>35071593
I guess i can see how it can be obnoxious, however if we had just said "Powered loading cot system" there are two currently on the market. One of which we demo'd and hated, so we wanted to be sure we didnt get that one.

We also have had issues with other ambulance builders, so we wanted to exclude them, we use the "or an equivalent" language all the time.
>>
>>35071625
Nope.
>>
>>35071562
They literally did though. The full size P320 was slightly less reliable and accurate than the full size glock so they panicked and cut the ammo allotment for the compact trials so they couldn't get a statistically significant result. They then proceeded to ignore the accuracy and reliability questions for the full size because muh cost and muh modularity. It's all in the GAO report created as a result of the glock petition.
>>
>>35071667
You could just change the position of the serial number to the trigger connector or something. Even if you didnt, so what?
Just get a new frame with a new sn. The sig is no more modular in that sense than the glock is.
>>
>>35071680
You guys might want to try best-value procurement. Basically, instead of saying: our criteria is "a metal bridge over this river', you demand: 'a way of transporting 1000 cars a day from 1 side to the other'. This way, you might get some alternatives.

With regard to your example, consider this. What if you simply put out a clear tender stating your minimum demands and honest award criteria? Yes, perhaps only two undertakings would have submitted a bid. But did you consider that the guy that won might have seen this contract and thought; 'i guess im the only one capable of this, so i dont need to lower my price a bit'. In other words, he did not expect competition so there was no advantage for you. And desu, you shouldn't demo stuff before putting out a tender. That wouldnt even be allowed here.

But fuck it, I've loved talking about public procurement on 4chan of all places. Never expected that. So much fun to be had in that area.
>>
It doesn't really matter anyway. Officers and MPs get to carry them and its not like we're going to use them all the time. Glock already has the law enforcement in their pocket.
>>
>>35071745
You can stop lying.
>>
>>35071843
---Cognitive Dissonance - the Post---
>>
>>35070035
The glock can serve as a grenade, hpw did it lose?
>>
>>35071876
>stop pointing out that I am shilling Glocks claims, that were denied by the GAO report I cited
>>
Let's get real here, fuckboys. Sig won because it offered a pistol for $230 a pop. The Army doesn't REALLY care about "modularity" or any of that crap, as the pistols will be using 9mm NATO and only 9mm NATO.
>>
>>35070035
PLASTIC GUNS ARE SHIT AND ALL BELONG INTO THE TRASH IT GOES
YOU WILL BE MADE TO SUFFER A GREAT SORROW BECAUSE OF THIS
>>
>>35070035
>NO ***MANUAL SAFETY*** OPTIONS ON GLOCK
>glock fails to get military contract
>OH NOZ HOW COULD GLOCK HAVE LOOZE FUCKING JEWS MUST HAVE BRIBED THE MILITARY REEEEEE!!!!!!

Remember when the colt1911 was first invented it was intended to not have any manual safeties but the military decline the pistol so it was equipped with the palm safety and the thumb safety which is what got the colt1911 pistol to be used by the military back then.
>>
>>35071843
Nigger

https://www.gao.gov/products/B-414401#mt=e-report
>2. Protest that the agency failed to complete the second phase evaluation is dismissed as premature, where the record shows that the agency has properly awarded only those portions of the contract awardable under the first phase of the evaluation.
>>
>>35071903
>grip safety

Typo error
>>
>>35071903
>>NO ***MANUAL SAFETY*** OPTIONS ON GLOCK
But that's not true. Glock can install a manual safety on the frame like any other pistol.
>>
>>35071932
You realize that is the GAO denying Glocks claim that the testing was ended early, don't you?
>>
>>35071895
Who said anything about shilling? Your brain simply cannot cope with the disappointment of knowing Sig did anything wrong. Like, I don't care if you prefer the Sig to the Glock, it doesn't effect me. The issue is, you're arguing with points that simply aren't true, then questioning the authenticity of the opposition's points because of cognitive dissonance.
>>
>>35071967
You realize that is irrelevant to the point that you called anon a liar for saying that the XM17 program halted testing an entire phase early, don't you?
>>
>>35071974
>make false claim
>get told you made a false claim
>REEEEEEE THAT'S COGNITIVE DISSONANCE!!!
>>
>Glock is drop safe
>Sig isn't
Glock should start an aggressive marketing campaign surrounding drop safety. It would sell even more millions than it already has.
>>
>>35071991
You claimed the Army halted the test because Glock was outperforming Sig, and then cite a GAO report that says the Army properly performed the tests.
>>
>>35071843
>>35071895

From page 11 of the GAO report:

>13 Under the factor 1 reliability evaluation, Sig Sauer’s full-sized handgun had a higher stoppage rate than Glock’s handgun, and there may have been other problems with the weapon’s accuracy. AR, Tab 3, SSDD, at 12. Due to the Army’s redactions of the agency report, the results of Sig Sauer’s compact handgun test are unknown.
>>
>>35070035
Having 4 different backstraps was not what the army meant by saying "modular".
>>
>>35071942
Then they should have done that before running the military trials with it otherwise they would have gotten a good chance of getting the military contract deal then.
>>
>>35071999
For starters, I'm not the person who made the initial claim, just someone who agrees with him.
Secondly, you're mocking me with greentext to try and personally offend me, which is adorable, by the way, but is also known as "Ad Hominem," literally one of the products of Cognitive Dissonance. You're doing a better job at arguing my point than your own, which is quite refreshing, thank you.
>>
>>35071903
>>35072059

The MHS glock did have a manual safety you sperg. That had nothing to do with why the sig won.
>>
>>35072036
Now show us where it says that the army cut the ammo allotment for the compact trials because of a statistically insignificant difference in rounds between failures and an unquantified accuracy difference with the full size pistols.
>>
>>35072095
Ad hominem is a product of cognitive dissonance, which means you are suffering from cognitive dissonance since you are attacking people who disagree with you instead of supporting your claims.
>>
>>35070035
>SIGfags and Glockfags battleing in this thread

P320 and Glocks are both shit, just get over it already.

>how much did SIG pay the Army?

I honestly think that this was an Army oversight.

Just as well it's made them look stupid as fuck, so this will probably be the last time a gun that isn't drop safe is selected for ANY first world military force.

Entire situation is embarrassing,

But just because SIGs "superior" glock clone is shit, doesn't mean glocks explode any less.

I'm honestly surprised they didn't just pick the Beretta revamp though.

Bet they wish they did know though,
Considering how many pistol selection programs the Army have canned over the years just to make themselves look like idiots.
>>
>>35072144
>Now show us where it says that the army cut the ammo allotment for the compact trials because of a statistically insignificant difference in rounds between failures and an unquantified accuracy difference with the full size pistols.

You're mixing things up. The cut to the round count was what CAUSED the test to be statistically insignificant and resulted in it then being redacted. My reasoning for the claim that they reduced the round count was a (reasonable) inference based on the full sized sig's relatively poor performance.
>>
>>35072196
GAO's report states that both the full sized Sig and Glock had outstanding reliability. The basis of your claim (round count for the compact pistols was cut to favor Sig) is your own personal biases, and not any actual evidence.
>>
>>35072191
>I honestly think that this was an Army oversight
It's not even an oversight, the P320 passed all testing as required.
In any case reducing trigger mass solves it, and SIG had off the shelf parts available for that before somebody discovered the one specific angle that would sometimes cause a problem.
>>
>>35072190
Sorry, I must have forgotten the part where I greentexted their comment rather than reinforcing my point, effectively moving the argument away from the gun and into some unrelated topic. Either way, the requirements for this contest were dramatically shifted compared to those of previous contests, effectively ensuring the SIG's new model would win, despite being mechanically inferior in terms of accuracy and reliability, and lacking the ability to change barrels at a whim with few tools. This was because the weapons are extremely cheap, compared to other guns in their tier, while still retaining the ability to perform well in most situations. That being said, I am sympathetic with the US's decision to use these rather than the Glock, as slightly better overall accuracy and reliability does not justify the large price margin between the two units. Once again, I'm not challenging anyone's preference for the SIG, merely stating how it's blatant that the Army changed the amount of Contract Awards to allow them to win. I personally wanted FN to surprise everyone instead of coming out with the shitty FNX.
>>
>>35072345
"Outstanding" according to the army was 90% or better confidence in a 2000 mean rounds between stoppages (MRBS) benchmark of 12500 rounds fired. The P320 could have had significantly more stoppages than the glock and achieved the same reliability rating. Since specific stoppage numbers weren't provided, it's open to speculation how much worse they were.
>>
>>35072096
Trigger saftey doesn't count as manual safety
>>
>>35072524
Yes it does you idiot
>>
>>35071625
kys
>>
>>35071772
now fucking aftermarket triggers are fucking firearms...
>>
>>35071772
320 grip frame are 40 usd, glock is 250 a frame puse now a sensitive item that has to be tracked
>>
>>35071745
bullshit no where in gao
>>
>>35072524
this nigga
>>
>>35070155
>You don't want GI Joe losing parts in the desert.
>It's the grunts who are going to be swapping shit in their sidearms, not the armorer
You wanna try and rethink your statement, sport?
>>
>>35070530
And because Glock is a 30 year old design, it can't compete with a brand new design. Can't blame Glock, it's being ran by an idiot who doesn't want to create a new design.
>>
>>35070035
SIG was cheaper, which was an auto-win. Being literally as drop safe as a fucking Type94 Nambu, well, that's secondary. Priorities, you see.
>>
>>35070035
>>Glock loses the Army's pistol contest because "not modular enough"
No, it they lost because they didn't even meet the contract requirements.
>>
>must be able to to swap calibers easily
>literally every single one is going to be 9mm, and stay 9mm, because when the fuck is the military going to start using .45, .40, and 10mm is large quantities?
Did the Army decide it wanted to try besting the Muhreen Corp in sheer stupidity or was someone in procurement really wanting SIG to get a win?
>>
>>35072522
90% confidence was the minimum accepted level of performance, not what an outstanding rating was based on. Furthermore due to your biases you chose to interpret an unspecified difference in stoppages as Sig having a poor performance.
>>
>>35073655
Glocks blow up in your hand dude. Also their triggers are garbage ;P
>>
>>35072423
Yea, reducing the trigger shoe would fix it, however the Army's Sig isn't effected by the issue because it has an external safety.
>>
>>35073771
Army Sig wasn't effected because it had a different trigger.
>>
>>35073621
Which aren't factory produced because glocks are made without manual switch safeties.

You have to get an aftermarket manual safety kit and have it put on in order to make a glock have a manual safety.
>>
>>35071516
>at best on par with the competition.

Is this why half the world buys our guns?

As an Austrian I always find it fascinating how people talk shit about Glock here, yet its used by 90% of policemen in the western world. Countries that dont have massive corruption like the US/England use Glocks out of quality and simplicity of usage.

>at best on par with the competition.

Lastly I find it highly ironic how essentially 99% of modern polymer framed guns are directly or indirectly a Glock with a different brand on it.

As to Sig winning the US contract. If you think that the same people who awarded the F35 programme know what theyre doing, apart from making their friends rich, youre very mistaken.

Enjoy your trash firearm and stop talking about your autism so publicly.
>>
>>35075705
>As to Sig winning the US contract. If you think that the same people who awarded the F35 programme know what theyre doing
considering SIG was almost half the cost of the glock, I'd say they did a good job
>>
>>35070035
>How much did Sig pay the Army to skip half of the testing anyway?
A million dollars.
>>
>>35071562
>implying BIG ARMY BRASS isnt full of shitbags and crooks on the take
>>
>>35075705
>being this anally asunder on the boom boom board of a mongolian horse husbandry IRC

I mean, sure, you are very correct in saying that 90 percent if people who do not get to pick their guns use glock. You are wrong in thinking that because everyone uses something, it makes it good.

Try heroin today
>>
>>35072524
you goddamned moron troll, the MHS glock had a frame mounted safety behind the fucking slide release
>>
>>35075361
you retard, it is a factory produced gun.
>>
>>35070151
My friend, just because the army doesn't NEED something doesn't mean you'll win even if you don't even meet the requirements.

That's as fucking stupid as a dude winning the title of miss America.
Yeah, you may look like a convincing chick, and the SJWs will vote for you, but having a dick between your legs kinda rules you out right off the bat.
>>
>>35075872
>You are wrong in thinking that because everyone uses something, it makes it good.

Youre right. Theyre using it because its shit. Makes perfect sense.

>Try heroin today
Id rather try heroin that buy a Sig.

>>35075790
>considering SIG was almost half the cost of the glock, I'd say they did a good job
Half the reliability, half the cost. That would be a great motto for Sig.
>>
>>35071471
m11a1
>>
File: glocknsig.png (564KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
glocknsig.png
564KB, 1920x1080px
>>35070035
Glock lost because they were greedy.
>>
>>35075705
as an austrian you barely even have a military so why the fuck would you know what you're talking about
>>
>>35075902
Defending a gun by saying a shitload of people use it is fucking stupid.

A shitload of people voted for Hillary Clinton, a shitload of people participated in the communist revolutions, a shitload of people text and drive, a shitload of people have unprotected sex, eat shitty food, drive their cars in a shitty manner, settle for mediocre jobs, and in general, do NOT choose the best because "everyone else is doing it!"

The masses will choose a normal based on what fits the average UNLESS MARKETING IS FUCKING AMAZING.
NEWSFLASH, GLOCK HAS SOME OF THE BEST MARKETERS OUTSIDE OF BROWNING.
The Glock is ubiquitous and the "norm" because it is sold to unsuspecting fucktards every day by the previous batch of unsuspecting fucktard who needs to validate their mediocre purchase to someone who doesn't know better.

Most people compare them to apple.
I wouldn't know if that's true, but Glock definitely is around because of branding and not innovation and forward thinking.
>>
Glock fag fanboys are no different than the whole Democratic party that just can't get over the fact that their candidate lost.

All the many conspiracies and made up behind the scenes collusion are to laugh at.

>The Golck and P320 perform the same, just like every other modern polymer hand gun.
>The Glock and P320 are both cheep shitty guns that work.

The Sig won because it actually followed the rules of the competition by being modular, had a overall better test rating, and cost the $100,000,000 less.
It didn't just run on an decades outdated reputation of "perfection".

The Glock fanboy butthurt will never end in this thread or any other future conversation.
>>
>>35075941
I served my country. Did you serve yours?

>>35076009
>Defending a gun by saying a shitload of people use it is fucking stupid.
Said every contrarian ever.

>A shitload of people voted for Hillary Clinton
Stopped reading there. I dont care for American "politics". Dont move the goalposts elsewhere. Your cops use glocks and ARs. Why is that?
>>
>>35070035
The Glock offer was for ~$282 million and the Sig offer was for ~$159 million. The US Army just ended up going with the cheaper pick.
>>
>>35076177
>I served my country. Did you serve yours?

you were a fucking conscript in an army that does nothing at all why the fuck would you know what you're talking about
>>
>>35070035
You obviously do not know the army. The lack of an external safety is the reason they lost. Never underestimate a Soldier's ability to cap themselves or someone else by accident. For every competwnt person in the Army, there's 50 retards.
>>
>>35073691
Not necessarily poor performance, just inferior performance.
>>
>>35076092
>had a overall better test rating

I agree with your other 2 points, but sig didn't have this.
>>
>>35076258
The MHS glock had an external safety added and so did the sig. I agree that it's a retarded requirement though. Enough people want to be in the military that they should be able to screen the literal retards who can't understand how not to pull the trigger unless you want the gun to go bang.
>>
>>35070247
This. The 9mm ejector isnt curved inward just for giggles. .40/.357 ejector with a conversion 9mm barrel results in potentially erratic performance.

That said, swapping the ejector is easy, but its still not as convenient as the P320 trigger/frame swap
>>
>>35076177
>Your cops use glocks
Because beancounters are swayed by "Glock perfection" and "its the most common polymer handgun, it must be the best."
>t. only approved duty pistols are 17, 19, 26
>>
>>35070035

Modular pistols are meme, they are already as modular as an AR. It's all marketing bullshit and buying multiple $300 top halfs is never going to happen. They didn't even test the guns correctly per their own standards.
>>
>>35070247
Just not true, I bought a G23 frame and it's only ever been 9mm.
>>
File: 1464443212695.jpg (50KB, 736x724px) Image search: [Google]
1464443212695.jpg
50KB, 736x724px
>>35076446
>They didn't even test the guns correctly per their own standards.
PROOFS
>>
>>35076451
Look at the ejectors in a 19 vs a 23/32. What do you see, and do you think that was done because the machinists just need something to do?
>>
File: 1487659574006-co.png (42KB, 348x332px) Image search: [Google]
1487659574006-co.png
42KB, 348x332px
Why does anyone care what pistol wins police or military status anyway? Isn't that completely irrelevant in regards to picking the one that works for you?
>>
>>35076454
I tried to fond the video about their testing procedures but I couldn't. They put them through thousands of rounds but not through the highest round-count test they were supposed to use, which the M9 has been put through. It came down to price, with Glock coming in at a CONSIDERABLY higher cost. Those where the only two that were left when they chose.

>>35076460
All I'm telling you is that mine works perfectly and is as reliable as my other pistols.
>>
>all this drama over a handgun for soldiers

Who gives a shit about what brand pistol grunts will be using to dispatch their sick hamsters and inconvenient POWs? Handguns are probably less important than bayonets (at least they're useful for aggression training).
>>
>>35076529
>All I'm telling you is that mine works perfectly and is as reliable as my other pistols.
I don't doubt that it hasn't failed to eject yet, but I do doubt you've put as many rounds through as Glock has over the years of testing different ejectors. Your gun may function, but statistically that's irrelevant.
>>
>>35076559

Yeah, I'm not doing the type of testing the military would do. It is possible the ejector might cause a statistically higher failure rate, I'm really not sure. I think they change them just to be safe.
>>
>>35070121
I'm sorry, was this a clock feel Good thread? Cause we've been over the flaws and merits of each 100 times in 3 months
>>
>>35075894
Which is cheap and shit by austria as well the gun is yet to be released for sale to the public so again glock fails
>>
>>35070035

What do the anons think the Army SHOULD have done about their sidearm? I think they should have just kept what they have. What they had worked and sidearms don't matter much. Almost any modern-ish double stack would do.
>>
>>35070075
You fucked up guy. Should've posted an M67.
>>
>>35071772
So let me get this right, you want Joe to break down a Glock to expose the trigger connector everytime there is a weapons draws, turn in, or Sensitive Item Inspection? And you must have never dealt with the military if you think that you can just "get a new SN" and it is all good. There are at least four different paperwork streams that it has to go thru to explain why you are changing a Sensitive Item nember and why the fuck should we give you a new one. Then you have to update the Sensitive Item list from the soldier up to the Big Army and that is a proper motherfucker because congrats you now have to check that it is the only thing that has changed, so everyone below division level has to be part of that Inspection that you have the new SN and see that you have everything else.
All of this time and bullshit because your bright idea was to not use the weapon system that you can drop and play different frames like Legos and not give a fuck out side of the serialized part.
Thread posts: 141
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.