[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm thinking about buying this load bearing vest from E

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: vest-90003-2.jpg (26KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
vest-90003-2.jpg
26KB, 640x480px
I'm thinking about buying this load bearing vest from Evike, I know they mostly sell airsoft junk (I try to only buy real gear like eagle industries, tactical tailor etc, even usgi pouches) but they claim that this one is actually an overproduction from a military contract so it's USGI and is made to mil specs.

"This vest is an excess production from a Military contract order, made right here in the USA to the highest specification, brought to us by the OEM of future Evike.com USA manufacturing. Limited supply.The Ranger Load Carriage System (RLCS) is an "H" hear style MOLLE platform vest. The body is constructed of heavy-duty, water and abrasion resistant Cordura nylon. There are slots in the body of the vest for flotation foam inserts (not included). Additional gear space for the vest comes from an adjustable rear panel which also has MOLLE attachment points giving you additional surface area to load out.
Features:

Made in USA.
Genuine defense contract issued equipment
Padded shoulder and circumferential carrying apparatus
Large sized rig is adjustable in almost all dimensions
Authentic Ranger Green coloration
Low drag and low profile design
MOLLE compatible platform
Multiple adjusting points for perfect fit
1000 Denier Cordura
Mil-spec construction.
Reinforced seams and bound edges
Heavyweight bonded nylon thread

Size:One size fits most.
Color: Ranger Green
Material: Cordura nylon"

Do you think it's really true or it's just made in China crap and that description is full of lies? I want it because the rows of molle are odd in the back which is hard to find and I can mount my c420 papr in a blower pouch perfectly without it being an inch offset to one side of my body or the other.
>>
https://www.evike.com/products/53980/#pagetabs

I forgot here's the link.
>>
ask in gear queer gen
this didnt warrant an entire thread
>>
Why OP. Why would you do that when actual USGI molle vests are like 15 bucks.

https://www.ebay.com/p/Fighting-Load-Carrier-Tactical-Vest-LBV-FLC-USMC-Coyote-MOLLE-II/7004646409?iid=201976445045

>do you think its really true? or chinese crap
Of fucking course it's going to be chinese crap but for your use why not. It's not like you're actually doing anything besides wearing it a few hours for one weekend a month.
Go crazy.

Now if you wanted to actually operate... pic related.
>>
>>35067185
>Why OP. Why would you do that when actual USGI molle vests are like 15 bucks.

I already have like 5 Eagle Rhodesian Recon vests, 10-15 tactical tailor mavs and countless other crap.

"I want it because the rows of molle are odd in the back which is hard to find and I can mount my c420 papr in a blower pouch perfectly without it being an inch offset to one side of my body or the other." I actually use my c420 papr with a 40mm full face respirator quite a bit for wood work and or metal grinding. I want a better system for carrying the papr on my back other than the shitty 2" belt it comes with. That's why I bought the papr pouch.
>>
>>35067229
I had assumed you could just zip tie it or had any plate carrier ever that had molle on the back.
>>
>>35067248
I could try the zip ties yeah.
>>
>>35067309
I'm just saying anon, molle is on the back of almost every small backpack/fightingpack or plate carrier. I've got my mask(not a respirator) hanging in it's back from the back of my assault pack clipped to these little shits.

It's not something I expect to use but if need be it's there and when it's not it's out of the way entirely.

Good luck; but if it was me i'd start looking into a battle belt it could clip onto or a plate carrier to mount it low on.
>>
>>35067356
whoops, pic related, it's on those very last two lines of molle so it doesn't get sat on, doesn't stick out, and doesn't interfere with the rest of my gear which is mostly weighted on the hips.
>>
>>35067356
thank you btw. I may call them an inquire a little more the reviews seem to indicate it is mil-spec, but it's like the only SINGLE item they sell that is actually mil-spec and made in the USA. See I also use this thing when I go into my crawl space so I want to be able to mount it like mid back, which a battle belt won't do and I don't want the bulk of a plate carrier.
>>
>>35067367
Oh anon a battle belt will definitely work for that. Hell even a normal belt will work for that..

Pic related, put it where this silly chick put her dump pouch.
>>
>>35067414
yeah maybe you're right, I'll look into it thanks.
>>
>>35067367
Milspec isnt really a good thing, it usually implies that its the cheapest bulk order contract they could make.

>>35067464
As long as your straps are long enough or the belt is loose enough to hang a little bit over your but to keep your total height while crawling fairly low; or at least low enough to work with you'll be golden.
>>
>>35067414
sometimes i read posts like these with an old grandfather or grizzly dad kinda voice. Makes me think what its like to have a cool dad.
>>
>>35067414
i'd put it in her dump pouch
>>
>>35067185
How does this fit on people? Like is there a sizing? Do you just adjust straps?
>>
File: c7013c.jpg (100KB, 450x488px) Image search: [Google]
c7013c.jpg
100KB, 450x488px
you losers really are obsessed with military larping. pathetic.
>>
>>35067515
Milspec stuff is better if you see it in person, you might luck out and get something from LBT or Eagle.
>>
>>35066987
It looks like Eagle to me, just from the hardware and stitching. Evike carries a handful of actual gear like HSGI and LBT products.
>>
>>35069475
that's what I thought too man, I have a lot of eagle shit even some unmarked that was military issue.
>>
>>35069362
actually this isn't really for "larping", I mostly want this for my papr respirator for industrial work.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.