[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can somebody give me some information about the "KPL"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10

File: Screenshot_1.png (2MB, 1359x566px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.png
2MB, 1359x566px
Can somebody give me some information about the "KPL" or the "Killer peg launcher" from the movie "Battleship"? I want to know the mechanics of the KPL and how it works.
>>
> Load entire Red Wood Tree's that have been de-branched and stripped of their bark into the launcher with a very large powder charge and casing. Sharpening the end of the log to a very fine and sharp point.

> Add in a guidance system.

>Toothpick Launcher that skewers entire ships.

Fund it
>>
File: 1504235527038.jpg (67KB, 711x711px) Image search: [Google]
1504235527038.jpg
67KB, 711x711px
>>35058743
holy shit those exploding stick mortars were supposed to be the pegs from the board game

I feel so stupid
>>
File: foreign-body-battleship.jpg (36KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
foreign-body-battleship.jpg
36KB, 460x276px
>>35058743
i have a better question, how many ex wives does liam neeson have to pay alimony to to require him to take every movie role offered him?
>>
>>35058868
GOD DAMN IT
>>
This movie is stupid from start to finish, but the scene with the multi-track drifting battleship unloading a full broadside on the ayys made me feel funny in my pants.
>>
File: battleship.jpg (400KB, 1687x918px) Image search: [Google]
battleship.jpg
400KB, 1687x918px
>>35058743
Its obviously not a dedicated weapons, its most likely some kind of repurposed seismic survey charges. It seems to be short ranged, unguided, inaccurate, and not very effective against anything that packs actual armour.

Battleship aliens were not invaders, they were peaceful explolers defending themselves against bloodthirsty savages.
>>
>>35058743
Fuck Liam Neeson in his faggoty Irish ass, that hypocrite needs to be castrated.
>>
>>35059146

pic related is actually pretty insightful
>>
>>35059228
did he use his particular set of skills on your mom?
>>
>>35058743
dumbest fucking movie ever made, the less you know of it the better.
>>
>>35059288
>dumbest fucking movie ever made
Counterpoint: Emoji Movie
>>
>>35058868
pls be bait

>>35059129
Battleship is an absolutely retarded movie with few redeeming qualities.
>>
>>35059254
>insightful
It's head cannon for a dumb movie. People have too much time on their hands.
>>
>>35058743
>I want to know the mechanics of the KPL and how it works

CGI animators and the director thought it looked cool. There you go. No one sat down and actually wrote specs and such for this.
>>
File: fun.png (109KB, 400x419px) Image search: [Google]
fun.png
109KB, 400x419px
>>35059566
>>
File: 1477081871056.png (226KB, 351x348px) Image search: [Google]
1477081871056.png
226KB, 351x348px
>>35058868
Oh fuck. It makes sense now.
>>
>>35059527
>>35059288
It might be dumb, but at least it was the fun kind of dumb.

Never was I angrier watching a movie than while watching Kong: Skull Island.

>chink funded so it needs to have a Chinese actress, which they place in a government funded agency DURING THE VIETNAM ERA
>Hueys, Sea Stallion and Chinook flew so close to Kong. What does the latter two have to offer in the fight?
>that fucking guy with the AK who tards out in the end and decides that it's better to sacrifice himself with grenades rather than use his M79 grenade launcher he slung across his back

What would I expect from the director whose only retort to criticism is "muh Trump", "fuck Trump", "hurr Trump". I don't even like Trump that much, but if all you have to justify your shit-ass work is comparing all your enemies to just one man every damn time, it's clear that you have mental retardation.
>>
>>35058957
He's a widower you ass.
>>
>>35061102
steve martin makes bad movies to support his modern art habit, i was just wondering what liam's excuse was.
>>
>>35058743
Well, it looks like it's a Syrian Barrel Bomb, that's spun up to give it stability in flight, with an armor piercing dongle on the front.

It gets sent on a ballistic arc to its target by an explosive charge.

If the alien holds the button down, it spins the barrel bombs faster, meaning they'll do more damage somehow.

Also Rhianna looks funny.
>>
>>35061546
classic premature birth facial features
>>
>>35061546
>>35061622
THE GODDAMN LACK OF EYEBROWS ON HER FACE FREAKS ME OUT.
Also a good way to denote and de-humanize a baddy in any movie. Remove the eyebrows.
>>
>>35059146
The fuck? No they wern't.
>Get message from New planet
>civil war rekt theirs
>land in multiple locations
>set up an energy shield
>launch attack on bases
>>
>>35065152
What.
>Get message from New planet
And send civilian research expedition. Whats so unreasonable about that?

>civil war rekt theirs
Where do you get this? That 5 second flash vision from damaged alien helmet to our heroes? You try to get a 5 second - hell, even a full minute flash of random earth tv channel, and use it to judge situation on this planet here. Have fun if its Twilight, or some Bollywood flick, or Independence Day, or Jurassic Park, or tentacle anime, or a historical documentary about Crecy, or Star Trek... Its all random interpretation pulled out of their asses by random sailors.

>land in multiple locations
Instead of what? Landing on top of each other? They landed in one location, Hawaii. And its implicitly shown that they lost their command and comms ship due to collision, to that accounts of them scattering around. (btw - shows how "militaristic" they are - their C&C ship is totalled by mere ding with pathetic comm satellite, and in response they scattter instead of consolidating thier forces. Not a shining example of military competence )

>set up an energy shield
AFTER natives show up with their pointy sticks and start poking them. You are shipwrecked on unknown land, and surrounded by natives making angry noises and shaking their spears at you, what do you do? Setting up a perimeter until you can asses what is going on seems reasonable course of action.

>launch attack on bases
Again, they only did that AFTER natives attacked them, its a pretty clear case of self defence. And even, they took a lot of care to avoid needless causalities.

And again, the weapons they used make no sense from military standpoint - almost like they were not supposed to be weapons in first place. A simple bulldozer might look like unstoppable behemoth of destruction to spear-chucking savages, but that does notmean its a weapon of war.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (242KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
242KB, 1920x1080px
OP here
Ok i get it, the movie is shit, but i was only asking about this certain weapon.

Oh and can i have some info on the "Shredder bombs"? those are the scary chainsaw balls.
>>
OP here

sorry i meant to say "Shredder drones" not "bombs"
>>
i mean look, its some nightmare fuel.
>>
>>35066579
They stole the idea from me in a book I pitched to several publicists. My idea is literally a carbon copy, except it operated in naval space warfare, crawling over enemy ships, chainsawing holes into it and inserting boarding parties of marines into various systems of the ship.
>>
>>35066598
>They stole the idea from me in a book I pitched to several publicists

Cool story Bro.
>>
>>35066598
Are you saying you invented the idea of a boarding drill? You are a fucking retard.
>>
>>35066618
Thanks ^_^ after this and many of my friends telling me the same sory, I realized I need a lawyer and agent. Things have gone quite well since then. Hollywood is a trip, next time you think some director or writer is brialliant... think again.
>>
>>35066632
No, but specifically a spider like chainsaw sphere, that crawls around the exterior of a ship and inserts boarding personnel to multiple decks. Pretty sure that wasn't a thing before 1992.
>>
>>35066637
Drill shuttles and cutting into ships to deploy boarding teams is a thing from 60s sci-fi. I am not saying that someone did not steal your idea I am just skeptical.
>>
>>35066637

>Using the idea of a chainsaw to cut metal
>Yeah nah yeah you're a retard
>>
>>35066641
To your point, I believe Di Vinci envisioned a hot air baloon boarding vessel in the 15th century, so of course that's not an original idea. But I am telling you, the crawling chainsaw spider was my idea haha.

>>35066647
It used ionized superheated gas circulated in a forcefield to contain it that was rapidly spun and flooded with coolants that flash vaporized into steam to burn through heavy talonite plates equipped on warships. When the device was spun up it quite resembles a chainsaw, I think it's quite clever, but appreciate your criticism
>>
>>35066657

Probably why your idea didn't take off, I cannot picture it and when I do think about it, I'm seeing some asshat abusing 91VXL chain.

Why didn't you go for something the average guy can relate to like abrasive cut off disc's? I'm sure in the future of silent space dong fights, they figured out how to cut space dong metals, simply and cheaply

>t. some joe six pack
>>
>>35066676
Fair criticism. It wasn't meant to be in the story as something subjected to the viewer or reader, but they always want to know how something works. You have to explain it. In the actual material the viewer/reader would simply see a Michal bay glowing energy chainsaw that thows off a bunch of sparks and looks bitchin'
>>
>>35066637
I watched battleship a couple times, and the shredders were my favorite thing.
I always pictured them as designed to go thru energy shields, it would explain why anyone would need such kind of drones
>>
>>35058743
No
>>
>>35059146
>Humans are da real monsters
Yes we know
>>
>>35058957
Probably has some serious IRS liens or some heavy payments on his private islands.
>>
File: 1490550478966.jpg (194KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1490550478966.jpg
194KB, 1280x720px
>>35058868
NYANKO IS ______?
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.