[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

On a scale from 1 to 10, how much does it bother you to see gun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Clipboard01.png (1MB, 602x925px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.png
1MB, 602x925px
On a scale from 1 to 10, how much does it bother you to see gun mistakes in movies and shows?

For example, experienced soldiers calling magazines clips, or pic related (are they using fucking sling shots to fire those?)

I'm not even talking about small mistakes like trigger fingers, but big obvious fuck ups that would make even an idiot facepalm.

Like holy shit, you don't even need to know guns to avoid mistakes like that, it's a common sense.

It just bothers me so much that it instantly ruins the movie/comic/show for me due to destroyed immersion.

Am i the only one?
>>
>>35056250
Want to love war movies? Join the military. The don't get anything right.

Just look past it.
>>
Unless its something glaringly bad, get over your autism
>>
File: 133809004135.jpg (155KB, 464x640px) Image search: [Google]
133809004135.jpg
155KB, 464x640px
>>35056250
>experienced soldiers calling magazines clips

In general, experienced soldiers don't give a shit about clips or magazines...

But no, you're not the only one. Shit like sound effects guy's clicking off the safety of a glock constantly really irks me. Especially manipulation errors (like showing someone rack the slide multiple times in a sequence without losing rounds) really get my ticker going.
>>
>>35056250
>experienced soldiers calling magazines clips
I know experienced infantrymen who still believe you shouldn't put more than 28 rounds in a magazine and you shouldn't leave a weapon charged because it'll wear out the springs.
>>
File: 12346567348.jpg (235KB, 572x572px)
12346567348.jpg
235KB, 572x572px
>>35056342
>shouldn't put more than 28 rounds in a magazine
May I ask why they think you shouldn't put more than 28 rounds?
>>
>>35056327
>Every time someone does anything with a gun

CLICKCLACKCLICKTYKA-SHAK
>>
>>35056250
Usually I can look past it if not laugh at it, but a few things really tickle my tism and drive me nuts. One being the gratuitous and nonsensical cocking of hammer fired handguns, usually to show that the person holding it means srs business. Also how guns always seem to make a vaguely threatening rattling or clicking noise when pointed at someone.
>>
>>35056250
Based on John Wick 2
>stuff that is pointless but doable irl (Wick racking slide with single hand)
0-1
>tropes (silent suppresors etc)
2-3
>contrive shooting situation(tunnel shooting scene taken directly out of 3gun)
4-7
>headshots
8-9
>brands that are mid-range at best promoted as hot stuff
10-infinity
>>
Depends on my mindset going in. If its just an action movie I dont give a shit and enjoy it for what it is. Hollywood gets everything wrong; so guns aren't going to be an exception. But if its a movie/show that is advertised as realistic, or people who should know tell me that its accurate, and I find it full of the usual Hollywood bullshit or is like watching a fucking anime, that ruins the whole thing for me. See: John Wick, Jormungand, the CG Resident Evil movies, etc.
>>
>>35056514
It squeezes the spring too hard and then when you shoot it pushes the next round into the chamber with too much force and jams the gun
>>
>>35056645
>It squeezes the spring too hard and then when you shoot it pushes the next round into the chamber with too much force and jams the gun

Actually, for some guns, it makes sense.
Some guns have difficulty doing a tactical reload (bolt forward, loaded chamber) with a full mag.
In practice it can lead to a badly seated mag which "sticks", making it appear to have locked in, but not really.

>>35056514
>May I ask why they think you shouldn't put more than 28 rounds?

It's originally an AR15 thing. Shitty low quality mags designed to be disposable were re-used until worn out. Loading to full capacity put more strain on the spring and the feed lips.

Why 28 and not 29, I have no clue since it's a dual feed design.
>>
>>35056250
honestly i never really realized it until i had bought a rifle a few years back and gone to the range a few times ,like when i saw "The Hitman's Bodyguard" halfway through the movie into the cringy love scene i thought to myself "damn, you'd think that they'd be deaf by now especially with all the full auto fire being from right inside building's and vehicle's.'' But was like its just a movie
>>
>>35056250

It bother me as much as any enthusiast would be irritated by having filthy casuals sully something they're knowledgeable about

I deal with the same shit with cars as I do with guns, ignorant people are awful
>>
What mostly irritates me is that a lot of shit is entirely implausible, even in "serious" movies. It would be fairly easy to write the scenes in such a way that it makes sense or explains away the annoying things.
>>
>>35056250
Depends on the mistake. Your image is super annoying. Not only are the bullets still in the casings, it's straight up earf ammo in a gods damned star wars comic. They could have been far more creative about it but instead they went the ultra fucking lazy route.

Suspension of disbelief covers funny or entertaining shit like John Wick 2's suppressor shenanigans but glaring inaccuracies that are just dumb and could have easily been avoided with 5 seconds of google or an instructor on staff are often annoying. Now that I actually know guns I see them a lot more often.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.