[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does the reaper have its own laser designator? Also how accurate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 090127-F-7383P-001.jpg (2MB, 3860x2564px) Image search: [Google]
090127-F-7383P-001.jpg
2MB, 3860x2564px
Does the reaper have its own laser designator?

Also how accurate is the reaper with Hellfires and Paveways in practice?
I've read the Paveway has a CEP of a few metres at most, but surely it's not that accurate in real combat situations.
>>
>>35055577
Nice try Mohammed.
>>
why would a literal robot be less accurate in combat situations? not like the operator is in danger.
>>
File: Brimstone.webm (411KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
Brimstone.webm
411KB, 600x338px
>>35055577
>Does the reaper have its own laser designator?
Of course; it's built into the EO turret.

>I've read the Paveway has a CEP of a few metres at most, but surely it's not that accurate in real combat situations.
Why wouldn't it be? It's not as if the presence of enemies is going to suddenly cause immense winds that blow the bomb off course.

>Also how accurate is the reaper with Hellfires
https://youtu.be/KcEoRae6Yog?t=93
>>
>>35055577
>Does the reaper have its own laser designator?
Yes it does, but it can also have targets painted for it as well.

>Also how accurate is the reaper with Hellfires and Paveways in practice? I've read the Paveway has a CEP of a few metres at most, but surely it's not that accurate in real combat situations.

They're precision munitions, barring some incredible gust of wind or system malfunction, they're practically pinpoint accurate.
>>
This thing shoots missiles that were designed to take out a tank. MICs taking their sweet time making something more cost effective.
>>
>>35057303
You're implying the same hellfire that comes off a reapers rail is the same model that is supposed to be hunting tanks.

And what is the Griffin anon?
>>
>>35057303
I don't think leaving out the shaped charge liner would have all that big a difference on the price tag.
>>
>>35057196
>>35057243
You shut your treacherous goddamned mouths. Nobody needs to know about that shit.
>>
>>35057373
>Absolute public knowledge, less detailed than a Wikipedia article.

Ok
>>
>>35057396
The phrase 'neither confirm nor deny' wasn't invented solely to make journalists unhappy.
>>
>>35057196
the clip you linked isn't even a hellfire, that's a SPIKE ER
>>
>>35057479

autism
>>
>>35057373

nigger
>>
>>35057342
>Griffin
I have never heard of this let me look it up. The hell fire that a predator fires is like 20k. You could launch a smaller drone with explosives to seek out jihad guy very cost effectively. This only works for COIN obviously. Thats my whole point is that a cheaper solution for drones to kill insurgencies is needed.
>>
>>35057718
It's Brimstone
>>
>>35060377
No it's not, that clip clearly isn't showing laser or active radar guidance that the brimstone uses. Watch the whole clip, the missile is fired from the ground and controlled directly the entire time. It's a Spike.
>>
>>35057373
You're absolutely retarded
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.