[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my BA freefloat 16" AR barrel is stupid out of accuracy.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2073.jpg (2MB, 2988x1681px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2073.jpg
2MB, 2988x1681px
So my BA freefloat 16" AR barrel is stupid out of accuracy. It shoots excellent groups (2-3 inches at 100 yards) I've maxed out the elevation and the the windage, but I just can't get the fucker to fire dead on.

Could my barrel be perhaps not seated correctly or it might have been somehow bent?
>>
That is not my rifle- just a picture for emphasis.
>>
>>35052960
FYI 2-3 inches at 100 yards from an ar-15 is miserable accuracy. I'm going to guess you have either a super worn barrel or something is wrong with the barrel.

Even mil spec ar can shoot 1-1.5 inch groups at 100
>>
>>35053012
2-3 inch group at 100 is within milspec
most ars will shoot better groups but what hes getting isnt unexpected.
OP check your scope mounts. are you sure you have a real scope not some amazon pos?
>>
>>35053012
Agreed, it's terrible. Even my Core 15 Keymod Scout shoots sub MOA.

It's quite possible that the ammo he's shooting is bad or not a right fit for his bbl.
>>
>>35053062

They're Bobro low-rider iron sights.

>>35053081

55 grain FMJ, M193

1:7 twist
>>
>>35053284
>55 grain
>1:7 twist

Found the problem
>>
>>35052960
Are you using the scope or the iron sights? If it's the scope, make sure you mounted it right. If it's the irons, make sure your front rail isn't twisted or bent.

>>35053314
No you didn't, 55gr works fine in 1:7 even at a few hundred yards.
>>
>>35053314

I used some M855 and it did the same thing.
>>
>>35053284
you need a heavier bullet.
>>
>>35053375
2-3 MOA is fine for an AR-15 shooting bulk ammo, 5 shot groups. If you've got a decent rig with scope, bipod and can you should definitely be hitting 1 MOA consistently with quality ammo.
>>
Bump for interest. I am considering a BA barrel.
>I've maxed out the elevation and the the windage
What did you mean by this, and how does this have any bearing on the inability for the barrel to shoot a tight group? Is it zeroed?
>>
>>35053375
Maybe you need to work on your fundamentals a bit then?
>>
>>35053284
>iron sights
gun is fine its you being incompetent
like being a shitty marksman of simply failing to attach the to the gun and zero
>>
Not sure how nobody has asked how many shots you are firing for each group. 3 is a meme, 5 slightly less so. But 10 shots is what you want for serious comparison.

Are you firing offhand or supported with a bag or something?

The way you worded the OP is also rather confusing, is your zero wandering or you just can't zero properly within the adjustment range of your irons?
>>
>>35052960
How is your front sight mounted? Pics would help.
>>
>>35053409

It means that while the rifle shoots consistent groups, when I place the post above the target through the peep hole, it will shoot to the upper left corner of the target stand.

The elevation and windage adjustment of my iron sights cannot physically move any more to the left or up to compensate and get a zero.

>>35053422

Certainly a factor. I've got plenty of ammo. Just need time.

>>35053467

Supported at the front with a rest, shooting off the bench while sitting.

I cannot zero within the range of my irons.
>>
>>35053535

Just attached to the top of my free float Geissele rail. Torqued.

>>35053540

I should add the rail was sitting on the rest, not the barrel. I'm not that dumb.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.